Sign in to follow this  
Guest grasscat

Lorain County: Development and News

That's awesome.  Midway Mall rots, but it's cool, we'll just develop a brand new 124 acre project the next exit over.  I'm sure it will do well.

• Like 4

Spiegelberg+orchard-2019-3.jpg

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 29, 2020

Amazon may be eyeing Lorain orchard site for huge Fulfillment Center

An Amazon Fulfillment Center, employing 600 people and perhaps many more, appears to be in the works for a former apple orchard off State Route 2, south of the city of Lorain. The site is about 25 miles west of downtown Cleveland.

The 105-acre site is the now-closed Spiegelberg Orchards, 6161 Middle Ridge Rd. It is located at the interchange of Route 2 and Middle Ridge which becomes Broadway Avenue in the city of Lorain. The development site is north of the highway. Another 20 acres of former orchard land south of Route 2 is reportedly not involved.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/04/amazon-may-be-eyeing-lorain-orchard.html

• Like 1

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

This would be the first Amazon center in greater Cleveland that isn't being developed on a brownfield. All in all we have seriously lucked out with our Amazon centers not all being out in farmland, even if this location is less than ideal to our tastes. I'm glad to see most of the tax dollars would be going to Lorain.

well there are better suited properties than that for another amazon slave labor warehouse, like closer to the midway mall.

unfortunately, this is a perfect site, away from the main mall traffic and next to the highway and turnpike.

such a nice orchard business, its too bad.

i dont blame them though, they would never get a better deal to sell.

and its not like lorain cant use the jobs.

I pulled the article back because I've since received conflicting information that it may not be Amazon after all.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz