Sign in to follow this  
Guest ColDayMan

Cleveland Indians Discussion

On 2/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, mrnyc said:

the tribe was wheeled and dealed at least $21M off their record 2018 payroll. we will see how sharp they were about it soon enough.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimingraham/2018/12/17/the-indians-in-2019-will-try-to-win-as-many-games-as-their-fiscal-restraint-allows/amp/

Shipping off your biggest bat and best situational hitter. image.png.bec293569e93243b20e839a2078da229.png

@TwoStickney419Taliesin West is great- good plan. And reminds me that the Biltmore, which was designed by a FLW acolyte (I think), is a nifty place to get a drink, and pretty close to Scottsdale. 

Edited by StapHanger

i see leonys martin picked up where he left off yesterday vs colorado with three at bats, two hits and a run — thats great to see and had to feel so good for him after all he went through with his bizzare, terrible health scare.

• Like 1

less than two weeks now until opening day march 28 at target field for three games with the twins --

-- and then opening day in cleveland april 1st. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mrnyc said:

less than two weeks now until opening day march 28 at target field for three games with the twins --

-- and then opening day in cleveland april 1st. 

I'm excited for the season... I think there are some really good pieces in place.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CleCaneFan said:

I think Francona has enough pieces/parts in the outfield to get decent production, the bullpen though......🤞

I'm hoping last year's messes were a fluke.  Dan Otero looked better in the spring training games I saw than last year, and Jon Edwards looks like he can be a nice viable piece this year!

Any predictions on who ends up starting in OF?

I swear this team has had 27 different outfielders in the last few years. I miss the era of knowing it was simply Belle/Loften/Ramírez!  

6 minutes ago, surfohio said:

Any predictions on who ends up starting in OF?

I swear this team has had 27 different outfielders in the last few years. I miss the era of knowing it was simply Belle/Loften/Ramírez!  

Watch Oscar Mercado, he has the potential to break out big, along with Greg Allen.

Losing Brantley, who I think was the consummate CLE player, was tough. Freaking Astros. Here’s hoping you’re right and Allen and Mercado break out. Naquin may even surface once again. And some are very high on Leonys. 

1 hour ago, surfohio said:

Losing Brantley, who I think was the consummate CLE player, was tough. Freaking Astros. Here’s hoping you’re right and Allen and Mercado break out. Naquin may even surface once again. And some are very high on Leonys. 

Forgot about him, he's having a great spring.  I may try to reach for him in my "half dynasty" league (keep 14, draft 11), even though I already have a very solid OF.