Guest ColDayMan

Cleveland Indians Discussion

They've caught up to the Red Sox for the AL second spot. They're about 5 1/2 back of the Astros for the one spot which is amazing in itself considering how each team started the year. They keep playing like this they'll have an outside shot at home field throughout the AL playoffs.

If they played .500 the rest of the season, they will have 94 wins.

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

First, according to Elias Sports Bureau research, no team has had 14-game winning streaks in consecutive seasons since the 1935-36 Cubs. Second, the past 10 of those games have been on the road, during which the Indians have allowed a grand total of 19 runs. Cleveland fans have to be asking: Can we start the playoffs tomorrow?

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/82532/for-carlos-carrasco-everything-was-good-as-indians-keep-streaking

Carasco shines in complete domination of the White Sox.  Tribe roll 5-1 for 14th straight win.

Very Stable Genius

Miller threw his second bullpen session this week.  Kipnis traveled with the team and is resuming team workouts.  Both indicate a return before the regular season.

Brantley has only been running on an anti-gravity treadmill.  His return from a sprained ankle seems farther away.

Very Stable Genius

I don't follow them anymore. I'm still mad they traded Cliff Lee.

They got Carrasco in the Cliff Lee deal.  Cliff being a Cy Young winner on a losing team was no good...this was an example of good prospecting by the front office.  We are in a position to win a World Series because of that trade

The Indians do not get the respect that I think they deserve.  I would argue that they have the best run front office of any team in Cleveland (not saying much.)  Being in a smaller market and making playoff runs every 3- 6 years is remarkable IMHO. 

The best part of the Tribe not getting any respect is that they don't seem to care. They don't seem to think this streak is a big deal. They've got one goal on their mind and it isn't a win streak. They still believe they're not playing their best baseball. That's the mark of a great team.

The best part of the Tribe not getting any respect is that they don't seem to care. They don't seem to think this streak is a big deal. They've got one goal on their mind and it isn't a win streak. They still believe they're not playing their best baseball. That's the mark of a great team.

It's probably actually true that we probably aren't playing our best baseball--we still have guys that need to get healthy.  That was undoubtedly a major factor in why we couldn't close out a 3-1 Series lead last year.

I was definitely on the "Dolanz R Cheep" bandwagon a few years ago during their post-2007 doldrums, but I was proven wrong, bigly. My brother thinks it was Shapiro who was the real cheapskate and that his departure was the best thing for the Tribe - who knows.

The Dolans aren't cheap, they are patient...and actually very smart.  While we were all mad the Yankees and tigers were spending on huge contracts, the tribe sat tight and was building a culture with the right people...waiting for the right time to spend.  Fast forward a few years and the tiers r a mess, the Yankees realized what the royals and Indians were doing was smart and they blew it up and now r back with their own talent.  The cubs pretty much built from within. I give the Dolans a ton of credit

I don't follow them anymore. I'm still mad they traded Cliff Lee.

They got Carrasco in the Cliff Lee deal.  Cliff being a Cy Young winner on a losing team was no good...this was an example of good prospecting by the front office.  We are in a position to win a World Series because of that trade

They traded CC Sabathia too. Two Cy YOungs. Dolans don't want to win, only save money. Also, beer is too expensive. Only in Cleveland.

Got Brantley for Sabathia. It was a fire sale year. It wasn't working, have to trade guys and get assets

And screw those guys.  We have our own cy young now...gonna be a two time winner after this year.  We don't need those washed up has beens

NO, your wrong my limearita cost me $7. I should be able too get 3 at that price. Also parking is to difficult. Also CC is in his prime now and would get us a championship. Dolans dont like to win, only take our money.