Sign in to follow this  
Guest ColDayMan

Rudy Giuliani: 'No Domestic Attacks Under Bush. ... One Under Obama'‎

Rudy Giuliani: 'No Domestic Attacks Under Bush. ... One Under Obama'‎

President Obama yesterday took personal responsibility for failures in the Christmas day terror plot, but Rudy Giuliani still isn’t convinced. I spoke to the former mayor of New York City this morning on GMA, who assailed the Obama administration’s decisions on national security.

“What he [Obama] should be doing is following the right things that Bush did -- one of the right things he did was treat this as a war on terror. We had no domestic attacks under Bush. We’ve had one under Obama,” Giuliani said. “Number two, he should correct the things that Bush didn’t do right. Sending people to Yemen was wrong, not getting this whole intelligence thing corrected.”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2010/01/rudy-giuliani-no-domestic-attacks-under-bush-one-under-obama.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Sweet Jemima, Rudy:

We had no domestic attacks under Bush. We’ve had one under Obama,”

What the hell do you call 9/11?!! We had one successful domestic attack (of Pearl Harbor scale) under Bush and one unsuccessful plane jacking/bomb attempt under Obama.

I'm not trying to downplay the severity of what almost happened over Detroit, but c'mon, Republicans have dropped the ball on a dramatic scale just as much as any Democrats. Both parties have failed. And I must raise the question, this bastard got on a plane in another country, is that really the fault of any Americans? In 9/11, they got on American planes.

i don't think he was trying to "jack" the plane.  first thing i thought of was the anthrax mailings under bush.  gouliana is an idiot.

Sweet Jemima, Rudy:

What the hell do you call 9/11?!! We had one successful domestic attack (of Pearl Harbor scale) under Bush and one unsuccessful plane jacking under Obama.

obviously he was referring to post-9/11, and our response to the calamity that woke us up (or was supposed to) to the enormous danger of terrorism.

Sweet Jemima, Rudy:

What the hell do you call 9/11?!! We had one successful domestic attack (of Pearl Harbor scale) under Bush and one unsuccessful plane jacking under Obama.

obviously he was referring to post-9/11, and our response to the calamity that woke us up (or was supposed to) to the enormous danger of terrorism.

Of course Giuliani's defense will be "well, we didn't know of the threat before 9/11." Puhh-lease. :roll: This has been a problem for decades AND we created half these monsters to fight the Soviets!

Hence why I say both parties have failed. 9/11 didn't come out of nowhere. This was the result of decades of bad policy in the Middle East.

Sweet Jemima, Rudy:

We had no domestic attacks under Bush. Weve had one under Obama,

If that is the case, let me remind him of our glorious, domestic shoe bomber.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Sweet Jemima, Rudy:

Of course Guilliani's defense will be "well, we didn't know of the threat before 9/11." Puhh-lease.  This has been a problem for decades AND we created half these monsters to fight the Soviets!

Hence why I say both parties have failed. 9/11 didn't come out of nowhere. This was the result of decades of bad policy in the Middle East.

yes, and I think everybody was asleep at the switch pre-9/11, but we had never had a domestic terrorist attack before (much less something of that magnitude), and while everyone knew that such a thing could happen, no one really thought it was a possibility, given our strength militarily, and yes, our hubris. There's always a first for everything, and tragically it took something as awful as 9/11 to fully make Americans aware of how ruthless the terrorists really are. So far we've had two incidents under Obama--the Fort Hood massacre and the underwear bomber. Should he be blamed for them? Of course not, but that doesn't mean he's being forceful enough in combatting this scourge. A lot of it is perception--PR--and he's falling short on that count. P.C. moves like closing Gitmo is not a good way to start.

Sweet Jemima, Rudy:

I wonder if the word anthrax rings a bell for him.

but we had never had a domestic terrorist attack before

Right, and the 1993 bombing of the Word Trade Center and the 1995 bombing in Oklahoma City never happened.

Right.  Add in Atlanta's Olympic Park, the Shoe Bomber, anthrax mailings and many more.  It is so sad that some feel it is in the country's best interests to politicize a terrorist attack.  I didn't like it when the left and right were pointing fingers after 9/11 but we did come together nonetheless and get behind the president (until he charged us into Iraq of course).  Too bad that can't happen now.

Sweet Jemima, Rudy:

I wonder if the word anthrax rings a bell for him.

Or that airport breach in LAX a couple of years ago...

but we had never had a domestic terrorist attack before

Right, and the 1993 bombing of the Word Trade Center and the 1995 bombing in Oklahoma City never happened.

details, details...okay, I never said I was an expert in ancient history (didn't those incidents occur under the Clinton admin? not that it matters :wink:...and the latter--though horrific--was a bizarre anomaly not relevant to the worldwide Islamo-fascist threat). The point is that after 9/11 everything--altogether now--was supposed to change. It just seems we've become lax in our diligence to stay aware of the problem, even as the Christmas bomber warns of others waiting to take his place and our "intelligence" agencies bumble their way to another disaster.

I think the point, though, is it shouldn't have been blamed on OBAMA's administration as the previous administration should've ran the initiative of imposing those Dutch machines after the shoe-bomber incident.  And to outright LIE and say there were "no domestic attacks under Bush" shows the incompetance of Giuliani.

What was supposed to change?  Our tendency to overthrow non-sectarian Middle Eastern governments while supporting "Islamo-fascist" regimes that we find momentarily convenient?  Our own nagging insistance upon establishing a state religion?  It's the details of change that get tricky.

The funny thing (or not so funny thing) is that people will just eat this sh!t up, and believe it.

In many cases, lies like this allow them to justify their sentiments towards this administration, the true roots of which they are embarrassed to acknowledge.

In many cases, lies like this allow them to justify their sentiments towards this administration, the true roots of which they are embarrassed to acknowledge.

Bingo!

"The boss rolls up in a new Lamborghini and tells his staff 'The greatest part about America is that hard work breeds wealth. So if you work hard and dedicate yourself tirelessly to the task at hand, I can get another new Lamborghini next year.'” -- Overheard in a Cleveland bar.

It bothers me so much to hear people associate Islam with fascism.

Submission to god has absolutely nothing to do with nationalism or corporatism.       

Historically I think adherents of other religions have been more inclined to

practice fascism then followers of Islam.

Was Giuliani a lunatic while he was mayor of New York, or did a switch flip at some point (after Obama became president, perhaps)? I saw him last night on Faux News calling Bill de Blasio's policies "Marxist".