Sign in to follow this  
C-Dawg

Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...

7 minutes ago, audidave said:

^^Wow talk about carve outs! So the only immigrants that are not allowed in on work visas are basically high tech and medical workers. I’m guessing we probably have A LOT of H1B medical workers in the US unless that is a different type of visa.  
  Then the question to el presidumbo will be why would you want to be kicking out doctors, nurses, and medical staff during a pandemic?

And in another example of Trump voters shooting themselves in the foot, many medical workers in the US on visas are granted said visas in return for working in underserved, poor rural areas.   If you ever see an Indian restaurant out in the middle of the boonies, it probably means there is a small Indian-born doctor population around.   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8143845/Malaria-cure-coronavirus-promoter-cryptocurrency-hustler-fake-Stanford-University-claim.html

The unproven claim that an antimalarial drug can cure coronavirus - called a 'game-changer' and a 'gift from God' by Donald Trump - has been promoted by a crypto-currency lawyer who has made a string of bogus claims, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Gregory Rigano made a series of Fox News and conservative and Christian radio appearances to tout the idea that chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine  'cures' conronavirus.

Gregory Rigano posed as a Stanford advisor when he is not and Fox News let him run wild, promoting hydroxychloroquine as a cure for covid-19.

Tells you all you need to know about the journalistic "integrity" of Fox News that they've made no retractions, no apologies, and no public announcements of discipline for allowing such a hack to continue to appear on their programming pushing a false narrative.

Very Stable Genius

On 4/21/2020 at 9:16 AM, DarkandStormy said:

So Tucker Carlson is a Swanson frozen food heir(!)  I didn't need another reason to dislike Tuck, but there's another one anyway.

2 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

You gotta love the irony of Fox & Friends continual downplaying of the seriousness of the Covid-19 virus.  Meanwhile, the virus killed their beloved giant white couch because the three hosts are now remotely broadcasting from different locations(!)

And the reason?

“What I need to know is how many people have passed away in New York, and what I need to know is: Who has the bodies?” Diamond asked. “I need for somebody that does investigative work to call the morgues. To call the funeral homes. We need to know, because I don't trust anything else that comes out of his mouth now... Something's not right here. Something is off here.”

She added: “Is this being deliberately spread? Look, I’m not being a conspiracy theorist, this is real, but I’m asking my own questions. What the hell is going on?"

Silk, meanwhile, baselessly asserted that the disease was “man-made” and “engineered,” wondering aloud if there was a “little deep-state action going on behind the scenes.” She also questioned whether the World Health Organization had a “switch” to “turn this virus on and off?”

These hoes are loyal, apparently.

ChrisBrownLoyalover-2014.gif

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

18 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

Wow even Fox News is showing some journalistic integrity these days!  

They will land a gig on OAN soon enough.

We'll be lucky if they aren't put in charge of the dederal Coronavirus response.

I wonder why they are on FoxNews to begin with. It says a lot about the state of the country when people are turning to Diamond and Silk for political commentary,

1 hour ago, X said:

We'll be lucky if they aren't put in charge of the dederal Coronavirus response.

We have Kushner and Pence doing such a great job, though!

Very Stable Genius

1 hour ago, freefourur said:

I wonder why they are on FoxNews to begin with. It says a lot about the state of the country when people are turning to Diamond and Silk for political commentary,

Because they're black women and Fox could say "look, we're not racist".

“To an Ohio resident - wherever he lives - some other part of his state seems unreal.”

2 minutes ago, freefourur said:

NY Times attorney response to Hannity's demand for an apology:

image.thumb.png.3d096db58f723a841bcc15ce21ba5666.png

I really want to see the 12 page letter.  I bet it is a lot of fun.

5 hours ago, DarkandStormy said:

Fair and balanced!

It's probably making Trump very jealous right now.  You know when he can, he's going to play golf 30 straight days and not think twice about it!  

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

27 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

"Herd immunity is our friend..." 

They should volunteer to get it first for the sake of herd immunity.

OMG 

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

I had reported this on the COVID-19 thread. There's a conspiracy theory propagated by right-wing pundits that alleges that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is behind a plot to immunize the globe for world domination. Tony Fauci and the WHO have also been linked to the ridiculous conspiracy.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

10 hours ago, KJP said:

OMG 

What is interesting is, aside from the pundit who may mention something on the air, the Fox News organization makes no mention of it:  https://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=bill gates.   Their viewers are ultimately getting this from the crazy echo-chamber social media circles they inhabit.   My older family members are all-in and I'm constantly pushing back and correcting them online.   

^Little do they know that whoever wants to track them already can through their cell phone.  That is why among other reasons the conspiracy theory is so moronic. 

1 hour ago, GCrites80s said:

^"Yeah, but we don't have cell service where we live so the only way he can track us is with a chip"

Make sure to tell them that their cell phone contains a GPS chip already....

3 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

Don't call them fascists though because that is uncivil discourse. The true fascists are powerless college kids that want people to be nice to others.

6 hours ago, freefourur said:

^ if people with guns are coming to their neighborhood, then it should be safer. 

"Violent" people with guns are the opposite of safe. Law abiding citizens who own guns and would only ever use them on another human in self defense do make all of us safer.

People who travel to a city or neighborhood for the sole purpose of protesting/rioting, etc. are inherently angry and provocative, and thus likely inclined to violence.

Edited by Ram23

5 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

People who travel to a city or neighborhood for the sole purpose of protesting, rioting, etc. are inherently angry and provocative, and thus likely inclined to violence.

So are you saying that protesting with guns is bad then? I'm glad we might finally agree on something.

Edited by freefourur

9 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

People who travel to a city or neighborhood for the sole purpose of protesting, rioting, etc. are inherently angry and provocative, and thus likely inclined to violence.

A dad from a rural part of Ohio has traveled with his kids to Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton to take part in the protests.  He's *INHERENTLY* angry simply for traveling to participate in the protest?  WTF?

Very Stable Genius

Just now, DarkandStormy said:

A dad from a rural part of Ohio has traveled with his kids to Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton to take part in the protests.  He's *INHERENTLY* angry simply for traveling to participate in the protest?  WTF?

What about when y'all quieda was protesting Applebees being closed with the guns and banging on Statehouse windows. Why were they not considered inherently angry and thus tear gassed?

Surely none of these fine people traveled to the Ohio State House with assault rifles for the sole purpose of protesting.

7cc67bfd-104c-4845-becb-96b6b55f2728-041420_covid19_reopen_JB_03.JPG

29 minutes ago, freefourur said:

So are you saying that protesting with guns is bad then? I'm glad we might finally agree on something.

Yeah, he did kinda walk into that one.  Bad troll job, Ram.  You can do better.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

59 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

"Violent" people with guns are the opposite of safe.

This describes many police departments over the last week.  Additionally, most traveled to be in the major metro areas as well.

Very Stable Genius

1 hour ago, freefourur said:

No - you selectively bolded there. I said "protesting, rioting, etc." If you're just protesting, being armed is not a great a concern, but we haven't seen many truly peaceful protests over the Floyd shooting (unlike the rather small scale and uneventful "lockdown" protests or whatever you want to call them - which remained entirely peaceful).

The current protests have, more often than not, ended with violent riots as night falls. I think last night was the first night in Cincinnati that we had a large daytime protest that didn't ultimately lead to nighttime violence, destruction, and general mayhem. Heavy thunderstorms are forecast for tonight so we might be spared again.

22 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

No - you selectively bolded there. I said "protesting, rioting, etc." If you're just protesting, being armed is not a great a concern, but we haven't seen many truly peaceful protests over the Floyd shooting (unlike the rather small scale and uneventful "lockdown" protests or whatever you want to call them - which remained entirely peaceful).

The current protests have, more often than not, ended with violent riots as night falls. I think last night was the first night in Cincinnati that we had a large daytime protest that didn't ultimately lead to nighttime violence, destruction, and general mayhem. Heavy thunderstorms are forecast for tonight so we might be spared again.

When you only in-take Fox News, these kind of absurd conclusions/observations become more prevalent.  It's entirely false that there haven't been "many truly peaceful protests."  Or that >50% ("more often than not") they end with violent riots.  Fox News is a helluva drug.

Anyway, there are protests in every state and virtually every large city across the country.  Quite the coordinated effort for all/most of them to be traveling.  Seems like some people just want to be in denial that they have neighbors and fellow citizens who are this outraged over racism and police brutality.  Much easier to blame "paid out of staters" than confront the truth.

Very Stable Genius

54 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

You mentioned protesting, rioting, etc Those are each separate items. You should've left out protesting but you meant what you wrote. Take the L this time Ram and try harder at trolling next time.

23 hours ago, freefourur said:

You mentioned protesting, rioting, etc Those are each separate items. You should've left out protesting but you meant what you wrote. Take the L this time Ram and try harder at trolling next time.

We're getting pretty pedantic here - but I meant it as a multiple activities within a single event. Like how you might go to a cookout to eat, drink a cold one, relax, socialize etc. While each is a "separate item," you head to the cookout with the intention of doing them all. People who head out with the intention of protesting, rioting, looting, vandalizing, and going to jail so they can get social media credit are who I was referring to - they're inherently violent. if you go just to protest peacefully, that's a different story.

In short, Tucker made a great point and the nitpicking here doesn't negate that.

1 minute ago, Ram23 said:

We're getting pretty pedantic here - but I meant it as a multiple activities within a single event. Like how you might go to a cookout to eat, drink a cold one, relax, socialize etc. While each is a "separate item," you head to the cookout with the intention of doing them all. People who head out with the intention of protesting, rioting, looting, vandalizing, and going to jail so they can get social media credit are who I was referring to - they're inherently violent. if you go just to protest peacefully, that's a different story.

In short, Tucker made a great point and the nitpicking here doesn't negate that.

LOL. Keep digging.

4 minutes ago, Ram23 said:

On 6/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, DarkandStormy said:
When is open carry good and when is it bad? 

Very Stable Genius