Sign in to follow this  
C-Dawg

Yet Another Reason to Love Fox News...

This is hilarious. And sad....

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Hannity was upset that they held hands.  Maybe that is what Melania was thinking about when she slapped away Trump's hand that time. 🤔

Wow. The next thing you know, Fox is going to call Jesus a money-changing capitalist.....

Did ‘Fox and Friends’ Call Fred Rogers an ‘Evil, Evil Man’?

The segment prompted numerous rebuttals condemning the "maliciousness of the attack" on the legacy of the children's TV host.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fox-fred-rogers-evil/

Fox News Can’t Decide if Coronavirus Is a Real Threat or an Impeachment Scam

The chaotic coverage laid bare a mounting, self-created dilemma among conservatives.

Regan then cut to a montage of Democrats and members of the media criticizing Trump’s coronavirus actions. She was the latest Fox News personality to trumpet what’s become the governing conspiracy theory for Trump and his conservative allies—even as the president himself pushes a daily stream of misinformation, false statistics, and dangerous public health tips that run counter to his own administration’s advice.

But not everyone at Trump’s favorite news network is falling in line. Over on Fox News on Monday, Tucker Carlson pushed back on efforts to minimize the scale of the virus—he described the epidemic as “a very serious problem.” 

MORE:

https://www.motherjones.com/media/2020/03/fox-news-coronavirus-impeachment/

Kudos to Tucker on this. Only show on FOX that's worth watching (or MSM for that matter). 

9 hours ago, Cleburger said:

@gottaplan Is this enough for you? I’m not busting your balls but it’s hard to believe, as a conservative, you don’t know about these pieces of human garbage.

17 hours ago, stpats44113 said:

@gottaplan Is this enough for you? I’m not busting your balls but it’s hard to believe, as a conservative, you don’t know about these pieces of human garbage.

honestly I don't watch any cable news at all.  I can't stand any of the channels.  I watch PBS for an hour a night and read online and feel like that's plenty.

2 minutes ago, gottaplan said:

honestly I don't watch any cable news at all.  I can't stand any of the channels.  I watch PBS for an hour a night and read online and feel like that's plenty.

That is plenty.

I have actually been fairly impressed with Spectrum News. I've seen it on before, and seems to only deal with the facts and never gets into the talking heads stuff.

1 minute ago, ryanlammi said:

That is plenty.

I have actually been fairly impressed with Spectrum News. I've seen it on before, and seems to only deal with the facts and never gets into the talking heads stuff.

I like PBS for a number of reasons - 1) with no commercials, they dedicate a lot more time to really digesting an issue and all facets of it.  Come away with much more understanding.  2) obviously very little bias, and no alarmist/giant headlines or big red letters or flashing graphics like ABC/CBS/NBC seem to do now.  3) they do a nice job getting actual "experts" to discuss things on economy, foreign affairs, etc.  The cable news networks pack a bunch of talking heads like Van Jones or Newt Gingrich and Dennis Kucinich & Donna Brazille around a table to just throw opinions out there but nobody really knows spit.

3 hours ago, gottaplan said:

I hate all those shows as well. I don’t watch any of them. I should give PBS a try. 

14 hours ago, stpats44113 said:

I hate all those shows as well. I don’t watch any of them. I should give PBS a try. 

The 6pm to 7pm segment gets you caught up on all the day's events.  I feel more informed after watching that than watching cable shows all day

1 hour ago, gottaplan said:

The 6pm to 7pm segment gets you caught up on all the day's events.  I feel more informed after watching that than watching cable shows all day

It's probably less stressful too. It's probably a good idea to limit oneself to 1 hour of news per day. 

Edited by freefourur

FWIW, the NBC Nightly News last night was really informative and good. I think these are generally good sources of news. MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, etc are not valuable uses of your time. They might get some really good scoops and important stories, but a lot of it is filler for talking heads to talk.

8 hours ago, gottaplan said:

Good to know the time slot. I’ll start DVRing it. I appreciate the info @gottaplan

10 hours ago, Cleburger said:

When in doubt, put the Democrat in the headline, and bury the GOP chair of the intel committee

Dianne Feinstein, 3 Senate colleagues sold off stocks before coronavirus crash: reports

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dianne-feinstein-3-senate-colleagues-sold-off-stocks-before-coronavirus-crash-reports

wow - 9th paragraph in before they mentioned a republican (3 out of 4 were).  And Feinstein I believe was the only one that actually had all her assets in a blind trust.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:21 PM, stpats44113 said:

Good to know the time slot. I’ll start DVRing it. I appreciate the info @gottaplan

yeah pbs is calmly presented, its longer and has more in depth interviews. also, more women and people with actual melanin in their skin. not perfect, but much better than the big three newscasts and no fox and cnn witchhunts.

But we shouldn't make this political....

Of course Fox doesn't want their viewers to hear/see how crazy the president is....

Oops....

3 hours ago, surfohio said:

^ Gosh I sure wonder why that interview ended so abruptly....

LOL! Yeah she was all "okay we're done here.."

You have to love when one of the eDjumacated sCiunce people slip through the Fox segment producer filters....

It's a cabal....

5 hours ago, freefourur said:

She is such a fool.  "People should know the facts" lol as she is painfully unaware of what COVID-19 stands for. 

Edited by Toddguy

There is no depth too low for FoxNws to defend as long as it the right wing doing it. Ironic swastikas are the hill they want to die on.

Fox News is going to learn what thousands before them have in Trump's business world:  you're either 100% with him, or you might as well not exist and you're not getting paid!  

1 minute ago, freefourur said:

^ c'mon, nothing says elitist like being a former bartender. Real Americans all grow up with trust funds.

They simultaneously talk down to her..."go back to tending bar"...and revere her as "elite."  Cognitive dissonance? 

Very Stable Genius

29 minutes ago, DarkandStormy said:

They simultaneously talk down to her..."go back to tending bar"...and revere her as "elite."  Cognitive dissonance? 

No, they just don't respect the intelligence of their viewers.

Remember, "nobody remembers anything you said yesterday".

Forget that I said that.

The coal miners in WV voted for Trump because Hilary didn't understand their need to have an employee that live in their home and takes care of their children. Out of touch Hilary doesn't understand the needs of working people.

^^Wow talk about carve outs! So the only immigrants that are not allowed in on work visas are basically high tech and medical workers. I’m guessing we probably have A LOT of H1B medical workers in the US unless that is a different type of visa.  
  Then the question to el presidumbo will be why would you want to be kicking out doctors, nurses, and medical staff during a pandemic?