Sign in to follow this  
Guest the pope

Cleveland: Downtown: The 9 / Rotunda / County Admin Development

Geis could get into some hot water over apparently displaying ads on his big display board on East 9th that don't have anything to do with The 9/Heinen's/parking/county administration building...

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/bza/agenda/2015/crr12-14-2015.pdf

Board of Zoning Appeals

DECEMBER 14, 2015

9:30 Violation Notice

Calendar No. 15-164: 900 Prospect Ave. Ward 3

Joe Cimperman

Geis Tower Garage LLC, owner, appeals under the authority of Section 76-6 of the Charter of the City of

Cleveland and Section 329.02(d) of the Cleveland Codified Ordinances and disputes the Notice of Violation

V15020044 issued on June 23, 2015 by the Cleveland Department of Building and Housing for failure to

comply with Section 350.10(k) regarding compliance with the conditions of the City Planning Commission

Approval; per the minutes of the City Planning Commission hearing this signage was approved for the sole

purpose of being “project based for anything within the complex” also, “the advertising is limited to the on

premise uses; it is not anticipated that someone who is part of the complex would advertise other products”.

Advertisement of off premise products and services constitutes a billboard and not an identification sign. (filed

July 22, 2015 – No Testimony) FIRST POSTPONEMENT MADE AT THE REQUEST OF THE APPELLANT; SECOND

POSTPONEMENT MADE AT THE REQUEST OF THE CITY’S LAW DEPARTMENT AND COUNCILMAN

CIMPERMAN.

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

^ I was wondering about that. I live right around the corner from there and quite often have seen ads on the boards that have nothing to do with the 9 complex, which I had thought was prohibited. I just assumed they eventually got some permission from the city for it. Guess not...

At The 9 in downtown Cleveland, $77 million refinancing comes a year early (photos)

By Michelle Jarboe, The Plain Dealer

on December 14, 2015 at 11:33 AM, updated December 14, 2015 at 1:09 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The strong downtown apartment market and brisk business at the Metropolitan hotel made it possible last month for the Geis Cos. to secure an early refinancing of portions of The 9 complex on East Ninth Street.

Property records show that JP Morgan Chase & Co. closed Nov. 23 on a $77 million loan spanning the former Ameritrust tower, now home to 104 high-end apartments and the Metropolitan, and the project's main parking garage on Ninth.

MORE:

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2015/12/at_the_9_in_downtown_cleveland.html

"Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you Buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it." -- Gordon Gekko.

Cuyahoga County can't recover millions lost in Ameritrust purchase, judge rules

By Sabrina Eaton, cleveland.com

on February 02, 2016 at 1:06 PM, updated February 02, 2016 at 2:16 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cuyahoga County's much ballyhooed legal effort to recover millions of taxpayer dollars lost in its purchase of the Ameritrust complex has been tossed out of court by a visiting judge who ruled its claims were filed too long after the corruption crisis surfaced.

Visiting Judge Patricia Cosgrove ruled that the case's May 2014 filing date exceeded the six-year statute of limitations.

MORE:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/02/court_pans_cuyahoga_countys_bi.html

Cuyahoga County can't recover millions lost in Ameritrust purchase, judge rules

By Sabrina Eaton, cleveland.com

on February 02, 2016 at 1:06 PM, updated February 02, 2016 at 2:16 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cuyahoga County's much ballyhooed legal effort to recover millions of taxpayer dollars lost in its purchase of the Ameritrust complex has been tossed out of court by a visiting judge who ruled its claims were filed too long after the corruption crisis surfaced.

Visiting Judge Patricia Cosgrove ruled that the case's May 2014 filing date exceeded the six-year statute of limitations.

MORE:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/02/court_pans_cuyahoga_countys_bi.html

Considering what was done with those buildings and the positive impact it has had, suing was a bit nervy. 

Noticed this morning that the Cleveland Trust clock was being taken apart and worked on. I know they were interested in making it work again. Would be a cool feature to have run again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed this morning that the Cleveland Trust clock was being taken apart and worked on. I know they were interested in making it work again. Would be a cool feature to have run again!

So many things being fixed/cleaned for RNC visitors that were never fixed/cleaned for life-long Clevelanders....

So many things being fixed/cleaned for RNC visitors that were never fixed/cleaned for life-long Clevelanders....

It is a bit sad that it took the RNC to get some of these things done around the city.  But at least we'll be able to benefit from the upgrades, fixes, repairs, cleanings, etc after the RNC has come and gone.

IMG_5251.JPG

I would assume that is  temporary while they repair the clock. It better be, lol

Yeah, it just looks like paper inside there, so definitely looks like a temporary place holder.

I am trying to plan an event for my company and was in touch with someone at the 9 and to my surprise she said Vault is no longer open to the public and no longer a nightclub but just being used for private events. I found that very odd  That was part of the huge hype when that place opened. Anyone know what happened there?

My mom lives in the building. She said between Azure and Vault it was getting a little crazy and they decided to close Vault while they reevaluate. Vault may reopen as something different.

I am trying to plan an event for my company and was in touch with someone at the 9 and to my surprise she said Vault is no longer open to the public and no longer a nightclub but just being used for private events. I found that very odd  That was part of the huge hype when that place opened. Anyone know what happened there?

The last couple times I ventured down there while showing people around it was empty. 

A couple of weeks ago some friends from out of town were staying at The 9 after a wedding.  We went back with them for a few drinks (in the Vault & Azure).  I never got to see the Vault previously as a nightclub, but it was nice to see it now and we actually got a tour of some of the rooms that weren't "officially" open yet.  Crazy how many vaults were actually in the old bank!!!