Guest KJP

Shaker Heights: Van Aken District Transit Oriented Development

^ no, solid first post. Please post more.  I agree my first impression of that phase 2 building was that is hideous and to not build it.

i May go to the next public meeting on this topic. Mayor Weiss has fully transformed from lawyer to politician so he’s always “aww shucks” ing the people around here as a transparent leader and good financial steward, I’m sure he will take feedback around the future of the blue line.

the lot across warrensville seems to have strong potential, I hope they don’t “settle”. For something bad.

i like Shaker Rocks and it’s presence.

apprently they are tearing down Wendy’s and building a new one, which is ironic because I actually like the cute structure that it is in

1 minute ago, BelievelandD1 said:

^ no, solid first post. Please post more.  I agree my first impression of that phase 2 building was that is hideous and to not build it.

i May go to the next public meeting on this topic. Mayor Weiss has fully transformed from lawyer to politician so he’s always “aww shucks” ing the people around here as a transparent leader and good financial steward, I’m sure he will take feedback around the future of the blue line.

the lot across warrensville seems to have strong potential, I hope they don’t “settle”. For something bad.

i like Shaker Rocks and it’s presence.

apprently they are tearing down Wendy’s and building a new one, which is ironic because I actually like the cute structure that it is in

You should both make your voices heard at the next meeting. That sort of feedback is important to city governments.  The Wendy's is unique, though the setback sucks. But I agree, the building is cool. 

I don't think the office building is a permanent stop-gap for any blue line extension. It may not follow the same trajectory across the intersection, but it can snake around the building and continue onward?

It is possible for the Blue Line, which is basically a streetcar on a private right of way, to operate in the pavement of the streets to reach either Warrensville/Chagrin/Northfield.

"Save the planet. Move to the city." -- The Downtowner podcast