Sign in to follow this  
buildingcincinnati

Dublin: Bridge Street District

Bridge Park plans $37M multipurpose/athletic field house 

bridge-park-04-620x231.jpg

A 150,000-square-foot multipurpose center will be a capstone for Bridge Park's next phase. 

Bridge Park developer Crawford Hoying unveiled plans for the $36.6 million field house development Monday night. The facility would be built on Block J, behind the planned Springhill Suites and along Bridge Park Avenue.

The two-story multipurpose athletic and event venue could hold eight basketball courts or 16 volleyball courts and would be flexible enough to host multiple sports and events. It'll have seating for about 5,000 people.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/02/26/bridge-park-plans-37m-multipurpose-athletic-field.html

bridge-park-11-620x323.jpg

bridge-park-10-620x322.jpg

• Like 2

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Separately from the arena, I'm wondering why Crawford Hoying doesn't go taller for any of these buildings. Their office components are 100% leased, their condos sell out, I think the apartments are doing well. Overall, the project has been incredibly successful. However, it seems to me that they're land locked a bit. I'm curious why they wouldn't build maybe a 10 story office or condo building rather than keeping everything at 5/6 floors. You'd think it would help them maximize the available land and could provide a view of old Dublin/the river front park for some of blocks farther to the east if they went higher. Do costs increase substantially above 6 floors? 

On 2/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, ColDayMan said:

Bridge Park plans $37M multipurpose/athletic field house 

bridge-park-04-620x231.jpg

A 150,000-square-foot multipurpose center will be a capstone for Bridge Park's next phase. 

Honestly this is a really solid proposal, but it's funny how badly it looks like Dublin wants to be a mini Arena District. 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:57 PM, 17thState said:

Separately from the arena, I'm wondering why Crawford Hoying doesn't go taller for any of these buildings. Their office components are 100% leased, their condos sell out, I think the apartments are doing well. Overall, the project has been incredibly successful. However, it seems to me that they're land locked a bit. I'm curious why they wouldn't build maybe a 10 story office or condo building rather than keeping everything at 5/6 floors. You'd think it would help them maximize the available land and could provide a view of old Dublin/the river front park for some of blocks farther to the east if they went higher. Do costs increase substantially above 6 floors? 

Short answer... $$$. Basically yes, about 6 floors is the max height before buildings reach a threshold where they must upgrade planned HVAC systems, elevators, construction materials, foundations, and fire systems to go higher. Upgrading these are pricey being that they are now planning a "mid-rise" and that adds to the overall return needed to make the development work. So, often this is why you see new buildings in the 3-6 story range and the 10-12 story range because once developers make that jump they usually push taller to try and maximize the ROI. 

Dublin construction update: New library, pedestrian bridge + drone photos of Bridge Park

dublin-bridge-park-update-march-2019-2*7

The transformation of Dublin's Bridge Street corridor is coming into greater focus as more projects take shape downtown, including the city's pedestrian bridge, the new library branch and the next phases of Bridge Park.

I walked the dogs through the area Sunday and took some pictures that show the progress of construction.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/03/18/dublin-construction-update-new-library-pedestrian.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

With all of that vacant land and massive amount of surface lots, this is the kind of thing that Easton should be doing.  Such a wasted opportunity. Something like this at Easton could be to the New Albany area like Bridge Park is for Dublin. WHY can they not see this? What is wrong with Easton leadership? This kind of development is the future-especially in sprawled out wealthy suburbs.  Of Course it would not hurt that the development, while serving the greater New Albany area, would be within Cbus city limits.

1 hour ago, Toddguy said:

With all of that vacant land and massive amount of surface lots, this is the kind of thing that Easton should be doing.  Such a wasted opportunity. Something like this at Easton could be to the New Albany area like Bridge Park is for Dublin. WHY can they not see this? What is wrong with Easton leadership? This kind of development is the future-especially in sprawled out wealthy suburbs.  Of Course it would not hurt that the development, while serving the greater New Albany area, would be within Cbus city limits.

At least the new under-construction additions to Easton are a lot denser than the rest of Easton. Hopefully they continue trending in that direction. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FudgeRounds said:

At least the new under-construction additions to Easton are a lot denser than the rest of Easton. Hopefully they continue trending in that direction. 

Yes, this. Easton is trying to get denser. I remember reading somewhere that the Easton developers regretted isolating the original residential component as much as they did. 

Now is the new section as sense as bridge park definitely not, but it's trending more that way.  The section they're now spending a half a billion on "is designed to have a Short North-like feel meant to appeal to young professionals in particular." it's going to incorporate residential and the renders show some 5/6 story buildings. 

Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long for Easton to go this route.  There are two other Steiner developments in Ohio (The Greene and Liberty Center) that incorporate residential with first floor retail.  I would've thought at least Phase II of Easton would've went that route instead of Main Street US-Pay.

• Like 1

Second North Market Location to Open at Bridge Park Next Spring

rendering.jpg

Work is now underway to open a second location of the North Market in Dublin’s Bridge Park development. Headed for the ground floor at 6736 Longshore St., it’ll debut in the spring of 2020.

“This is a tremendous opportunity for the historic North Market to continue its mission of incubating small businesses and celebrating best in class culinary experiences,” said Rick Harrison Wolfe, North Market Executive Director, in a press release. “We are excited about expanding our footprint in the Central Ohio region.”

Under the management of the North Market Development Authority, Crawford Hoying, and the Columbus-Franklin County Finance Authority, this second public market will carry on the North Market’s 143-year mission of providing fresh foods like produce, meat, fish, poultry and dairy. Other products will include flowers, baked goods, gifts, beer, wine and spirits, and prepared foods.

More below:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/north-market-bridge-park-dublin-ls1

rendering3.jpg

layout.jpg

On one hand, I hate that Dublin keeps getting all of the things that are supposed to be unique to city life and the core of Columbus. But on the other hand, I see the trend of unique and local businesses starting in the core of a city and setting up shops in the suburbs happening everywhere. I just hope that Dublin truly goes all in on eventually creating a downtown satellite downtown to Columbus. 

More on that...

Done deal: The North Market is expanding to Dublin

f2227139-2d1d-4e01-a487-5c2f9cdbf079-med

The North Market will soon have a more northern outpost.

The Columbus public market and its mix of prepared food and grocery vendors will be making its way to Bridge Park in Dublin.

“I went to our board and said, ‘I want this to be us,’” Executive Director Rick Harrison Wolfe said. “This creates opportunities for our existing merchants and for new merchants.”

Developers Crawford Hoying approached Wolfe about bringing a smaller version of the North Market to its project last year. After months of discussion, that arrangement became official in recent weeks, with the goal of opening next year.

The management agreement is between a subsidiary of the North Market Development Authority (the nonprofit organization that manages North Market), Crawford Hoying and the Columbus-Franklin County Finance Authority. 

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/04/03/done-deal-the-north-market-is-expanding-to-dublin.html

I really hope they don't end up naming this the "North Market" in any way. Maybe it's just me but i'm thinking a public market shouldn't be named like a chain.

Bridge Park Market or Dublin Market get my vote. 

Either way, Dublin continues its evolution. Maybe the CU April Fools article isn't too far off. Ha

• Like 1

Northwest Market is what popped into my head when I first read the article. 

But I have a feeling they'll want to keep the North Market branding. We'll probably get something like "North Market Bridge Park" or "North Market Dublin" 

https://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20190219/full-story-opening-for-dublin-branch-library-is-june-6

Columbus Metropolitan Library system officials announced that Dublin’s new $21.6 million, 41,000-square-foot, three-level library is scheduled to open June 6.  A grand-opening event will be held from 3:30 to 6 p.m. June 6 at 75 N. High Street in Dublin and will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony with library and city officials, refreshments, music and entertainment, according to the news release.

https://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20190402/parking-garage-to-open-april-12-for-dublin-branch-library

A new four-level, 550-space parking garage adjacent to the new Dublin branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, 75 N. High Street opened on April 12.  Of the 550 spaces in the garage, 200 will be dedicated to library patrons during operating hours.  The construction cost was $11.85 million - with the Columbus Metropolitan Library contributing $1.083 million toward that expense.

6 minutes ago, Columbo said:

https://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20190219/full-story-opening-for-dublin-branch-library-is-june-6

Columbus Metropolitan Library system officials announced that Dublin’s new $21.6 million, 41,000-square-foot, three-level library is scheduled to open June 6.  A grand-opening event will be held from 3:30 to 6 p.m. June 6 at 75 N. High Street in Dublin and will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony with library and city officials, refreshments, music and entertainment, according to the news release.

https://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20190402/parking-garage-to-open-april-12-for-dublin-branch-library

A new four-level, 550-space parking garage adjacent to the new Dublin branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, 75 N. High Street opened on April 12.  Of the 550 spaces in the garage, 200 will be dedicated to library patrons during operating hours.  The construction cost was $11.85 million - with the Columbus Metropolitan Library contributing $1.083 million toward that expense.

Here are some visuals to go with the news about the new Dublin Library and the adjacent parking garage.

Below is a site plan for the new library and parking garage.  This Library/Parking Garage block is located one block north of the Bridge Street/High Street intersection (which marks the center of Old Downtown Dublin or Historic Downtown Dublin or Old Dublin - however one describes it).  The old downtown of Dublin is on the west side of the Scioto River and across the river from the new downtown of Dublin (The Bridge Park development being built by Crawford Hoying).  These old and new Dublin "downtowns" will eventually be connected by the riverside parkland and pedestrian bridge over the river that is currently under construction:

46936371874_a38800c3fa_b_d.jpg

Here is a rendering of the new library - as viewed from the corner of High Street and Rock Cress Parkway.  The adjacent parking garage is not very visible in this rendering, but it is the shadowy block to the right in this image down Rock Cress Parkway:

40693860543_ae45ef4112_b_d.jpg

Here is a view of the library and parking garage under construction from the same corner of High Street and Rock Cress Parkway.  This photo was posted in the February 19th ThisWeekNews article - https://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20190219/full-story-opening-for-dublin-branch-library-is-june-6

33783048728_54933d54a1_b_d.jpg

Same view of the library and parking garage under construction from the corner of High Street and Rock Cress Parkway.

This photo was posted in an April 12th update from https://dublinohiousa.gov/downtown-dublin/

46744763535_2ea8956d31_o_d.jpg

And from a brief video in the article - https://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20190402/parking-garage-to-open-april-12-for-dublin-branch-library - here are a couple of closer views of the new four-level, 550-space parking garage.  These views were obviously taken just prior to the opening - given all the temporary fencing still present.  Both views are from the Franklin Street side of the garage - the side furthest from the library.  At the Franklin Street side, the garage has only three levels above-grade - due to the site sloping downward from Franklin Street to High Street:

33783052148_f936c56119_z_d.jpg

47660425121_b97b32bfb9_c_d.jpg

For a further overview of the Library and Parking Garages projects, go to these project pages in the City of Dublin's Bridge Street District website:

http://bridgestreet.dublinohiousa.gov/public-garage/

http://bridgestreet.dublinohiousa.gov/dublin-branch-of-the-columbus-metropolitan-library/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here's who's coming to Bridge Park this summer

img0079*750xx3888-2187-0-203.jpg

Bridge Park will see a spate of new retailers and food options this year.

The Dublin mixed-use development has shared an update on its new shops and stores, with another two retailers and three drinking and dining options joining the growing $300 million development being built by Crawford Hoying.

Here's the latest on the new additions...

...by clicking below!

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/05/02/heres-whos-coming-to-bridge-park-this-summer.html

Riverfront hotel proposed for Dublin's old downtown

screen-shot-2019-05-10-at-30328-pm*300xx

A new hotel could add to the riverfront in the fast-rising area of downtown Dublin.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/05/10/riverfront-hotel-proposed-in-dublins-old-downtown.html

On 5/12/2019 at 1:23 AM, ColDayMan said:

Riverfront hotel proposed for Dublin's old downtown

screen-shot-2019-05-10-at-30328-pm*300xx

A new hotel could add to the riverfront in the fast-rising area of downtown Dublin.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/05/10/riverfront-hotel-proposed-in-dublins-old-downtown.html

This looks like some pretty nice infill (riverfront parking!) but realistically it is staring at the garages of the buildings on High:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1000362,-83.1131415,3a,75y,332.87h,78.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smkgpGcdeFwPnLvZuop8JXw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Assuming some further redevelopment of that corner it should make for a nice project eventually, but it would be a little strange initially. And a totally reconstruction of what is now an alley into a real 2-way road with street parking. 

Does Dublin have a downtown Master Plan at this point that considers all of the recent investment (i.e. the new library, parking garage, Bridge Park West, etc.)?

I was only peripherally aware of this development until this weekend, when I met my sister and niece for brunch at the Cap City Fine Diner in this Bridge Park area.  I'm seriously impressed with what Dublin has done with the place since the last time I was through this area, which was years ago but not that many years ago for how much has happened here.  Glad to have this thread in existence as a great opportunity to click back through and see what I've been missing condensed into one crowdsourced place on the Internet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gramarye said:

I was only peripherally aware of this development until this weekend, when I met my sister and niece for brunch at the Cap City Fine Diner in this Bridge Park area.  I'm seriously impressed with what Dublin has done with the place since the last time I was through this area, which was years ago but not that many years ago for how much has happened here.  Glad to have this thread in existence as a great opportunity to click back through and see what I've been missing condensed into one crowdsourced place on the Internet.

I was at Bridge Park in February (at Cap City, as a matter of fact) and it's the first time I'd been in Columbus and Dublin in 7 years.  I was seriously impressed with everything that's been happening in Columbus and I was loving Dublin as well.  As I mentioned in a previous post after my visit, if there was a light rail line from Dublin to downtown Columbus, it would be incredible.