Sign in to follow this  
Guest UncleRando

Cincinnati: Downtown: Renaissance Hotel (Bartlett Building Redevlopment)

It looks terrific, but the tall white sign at the corner looks a tad cheap and doesn't befit the character of the bldg.

You mean the one outside? Isn't that brushed metal?

I agree, Cincyintheknow ... I only saw the lobby but it reminds me of a W hotel a little.

It looks terrific, but the tall white sign at the corner looks a tad cheap and doesn't befit the character of the bldg.

Absolutely. I did some bids for this sign at work and we didn't get it. Once I saw the sign on the building I realized why.

From today:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=16689.0;attach=11831;image

This sign? I think it looks fantastic. And it is brushed metal with maroon lettering.

"It's just fate, as usual, keeping its bargain and screwing us in the fine print..." - John Crichton

Noticed at lunch that the onsite bar/restaurant has been branded D. Burnham's, a tribute to the buildings architect Daniel Burnham.

"It's just fate, as usual, keeping its bargain and screwing us in the fine print..." - John Crichton

Just a couple years ago, this building was shut down overnight and the utilities turned off. Now we have a beautiful hotel that took just over a year to construct and needed no city intervention to get done. This is a huge win.

Just a couple years ago, this building was shut down overnight and the utilities turned off. Now we have a beautiful hotel that took just over a year to construct and needed no city intervention to get done. This is a huge win.

It was a really big get

Renaissance Hotel ready for the spotlight: SLIDESHOW

Tom Demeropolis Reporter- Cincinnati Business Courier

Even though downtown Cincinnati’s newest full-service hotel has been open for more than a month, the Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel had its grand opening on Tuesday.

“Renaissance Hotels is known for embracing the spirit of each destination through design, service and unique amenities, making our new hotel a great destination for travelers visiting Cincinnati,” Keoni Christensen, general manager of Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown, said in a news release. “We want to create an experience that invites our guests to discover the very best of Cincinnati, from its vibrant arts scene to the best in local entertainment and culinary adventures.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2014/08/26/renaissance-hotel-ready-for-the-spotlight.html

It helped that they paid next to nothing to acquire the building.

I was at the bar back on august 1st.  The lobby and bar/restaurant are beautiful.  What a building!

The sidewalks on Walnut between 4th and 5th are horrendous looking.

Hopefully that section is to be replaced along with 4th between walnut and vine.

This began yesterday. Fencing is up from where the building begins on Walnut to the front door / valet stand on 4th.