Jump to content
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

metrocity

The Official *I Love Cleveland* Thread

Recommended Posts

Yep, it could go here. Or it could go in the downtown residences thread (which it did) and in the Housing market and trends thread (which it did). ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i saw this in nymag:

 

 

Podcasts

19. Listen to Serial Season 3

“One courthouse, week by week.”

For its third season, the hit investigative podcast is switching things up.

Instead of focusing on a single case, host Sarah Koenig, joined by reporter Emmanuel Dzotsi, dives into the infinitely complicated topic of the American criminal-justice system by delivering weekly stories from Cleveland.

WBEZ, September 20.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ we should make a thread about this. I haven't listened yet but I've been reading recaps from the first few episodes. One of our esteemed judges did not come off well in one of the episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland? It's America down to a T! Discovering the delights of a sensational city and finding the perfect place to experience the REAL USA

  • It’s a city that inspires huge loyalty in its citizens, writes Phil Lancaster
  • He discovers that everyone there wears a T-shirt emblazoned with 'Cleveland'
  • Here he takes you on a tour of the city, taking in museums, gigs and baseball

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-6252733/Cleveland-America-T-Finding-perfect-place-experience-REAL-USA.html

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, rockandroller said:

This guy is the best. I'm not even a Browns fan but have loved following his journey. How about that insane Browns Backers club in Toronto!

 

I don't know who he is, but I'm always happy when someone discovers Cleveland has a beach:)  People are always blown away by that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BigDipper 80 said:

People seem to underestimate the vastness of the Great Lakes. 


This!  I remember my mom telling a story of her helping a customer and in their casual conversation, the customer----from South Carolina----was surprised that she couldn't see across Lake Erie.  Like, she thought that the lake was small enough for her to see Canada. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tcjoe1985 said:


This!  I remember my mom telling a story of her helping a customer and in their casual conversation, the customer----from South Carolina----was surprised that she couldn't see across Lake Erie.  Like, she thought that the lake was small enough for her to see Canada. lol

I get that all the time from first time visitors.  They are shocked to see an "ocean"!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cleburger said:

I get that all the time from first time visitors.  They are shocked to see an "ocean"!

Yep! All the time! I've had intelligent people ask about whether it was salt or fresh water they were seeing. The question about tides is a little more intricate. Answer: yes, there are in fact tides but they're so inconsequential that they're not measured. 

 

Also worth mentioning is that when I worked in Key Tower on floor 39, my supervisor would come to the window and stare out over the water. She loved doing so every chance she got. On her first day of work we all remembered she asked what body of water that was. She grew up in Medina County. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, surfohio said:

Yep! All the time! I've had intelligent people ask about whether it was salt or fresh water they were seeing. The question about tides is a little more intricate. Answer: yes, there are in fact tides but they're so inconsequential that they're not measured. 

 

Also worth mentioning is that when I worked in Key Tower on floor 39, my supervisor would come to the window and stare out over the water. She loved doing so every chance she got. On her first day of work we all remembered she asked what body of water that was. She grew up in Medina County. 


Ah, 39th floor, another TH veteran. Where did you work there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockandroller said:


Ah, 39th floor, another TH veteran. Where did you work there?

Project attorney! Back then we were located adjacent to the law library (when such things were still relevant lol).

 

I still miss those views. Did you enjoy working there? They have to be one of the largest firms in CLE by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started out on 39, my department used to be on the other side of the floor before they began all their various moves to different floors. I think they've shrunk in size quite a bit since then actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×