Sign in to follow this  
Guest OldMojo

Dayton: Downtown: Arcade Restoration

Several housing projects underway downtown

Construction of new apartments at the historic downtown Arcade has begun, with a projected opening of October 2020.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2019/06/17/several-housing-projects-underway-downtown.html

693px-Dayton_Arcade.jpg

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

I really can't wait until they put in the new windows on the Commercial Building. 

• Like 1

“To an Ohio resident - wherever he lives - some other part of his state seems unreal.”

Am I nuts or did McCrory have an entrance thru the 4th Street arcade building?

I wonder if the passageway between One Dayton Center/Fifth Third Center will be reopened when the Third Street arcade is complete.

UD to open student-run bistro at Dayton Arcade

The University of Dayton is opening a student-run bistro at the Dayton Arcade, furthering its investment in one of the largest redevelopment projects in the downtown area.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2019/07/05/exclusive-ud-to-open-student-run-bistro-at-dayton.html

inno-hub-5*1200xx3600-2025-0-38.jpg

• Like 1

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

UD's coffee shop on campus is quite nice, so I'm sure this will be a great space too.

“To an Ohio resident - wherever he lives - some other part of his state seems unreal.”

Leasing group selected for Dayton Arcade

One of the largest redevelopment projects in downtown Dayton’s history has a new helping hand. The team working on the Dayton Arcade renovation has hired Washington Township-based Apex Commercial Group as its leasing agent. 

The Arcade project is led by Baltimore-based Cross Street Partners and its two partners, the Model Group of Cincinnati and St. Louis-based McCormack Baron Salazar.

Apex will work with Cross Street’s David Williams to realign current leasing in the Kuhns building as well as find new commercial tenants for the North Arcade.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2019/07/10/leasing-group-selected-for-dayton-arcade.html

inno-hub-4*1200xx3600-2025-0-38.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, BigDipper 80 said:

Wow, now there's an organization composed entirely of meaningless buzzwords.

They could have easily added "and Innovation" to it

Edited by GCrites80s

Dayton Arcade gains new tenant

2019-08-20-dayton-arcade-construction-pr

A local arts and culture advocacy organization has been named the Dayton Arcade's newest tenant.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2019/09/24/exclusive-dayton-arcade-gains-new-tenant.html

^The renovation is really coming along! Every time I see pictures of the Arcade, I realize it is still hard for me to wrap my head around how cavernous it is... it'll be an amazing space once it is done, glad to see it finally happening.

• Like 1