KJP

Cleveland: Random Development and News

7 minutes ago, Htsguy said:

^All those buildings combined are way more than 1,000 apartments.

You're correct, I just did the math....It's almost 1300

Lumen 318

Halle 122

Athlon 163

Beacon 187

Euclid Grand 200

May Co. 308

8 minutes ago, mack34 said:

You're correct, I just did the math....It's almost 1300

Lumen 318

Halle 122

Athlon 163

Beacon 187

Euclid Grand 200

May Co. 308

Approximately 1900 new residents give or take.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KJP said:

You have to build something big with big cash flows on those parking lots to generate more profit than the parking does.  The capital stack for the Lumen apartment building shows just how difficult this can be. An alternative is to reduce the value of the parking lots by reducing their demand. For what it's worth, a single 250-passenger commuter train from/to the suburbs each workday reduces the demand for 2.5 acres of surface parking lot downtown. Put five trains on five routes and you've eliminated the demand for 60 acres of surface parking downtown. That would pretty much eliminate the demand for all of downtown's surface parking inventory.

I continued my rant/ideas at:

In 1976, the City of Cleveland issued NINE building permits. NINE. When we start to feel down about the progress of development here vs. other cities, remember how lifeless Cleveland was and how far it's come.

I just glanced at the report but it seems like most of it was very old news (often 3-4 years).  Very little in the way of updates (especially for people like us who keep on top of things and even make things up in our happy little development minds LOL)

^Agreed, didn't see much in there that was really new, although I found it hard to follow along as I think the document is not well put together and doesn't have a coherent structure. Come to think of it, I think they use the same template every year and just update the info.

1 hour ago, MyPhoneDead said:

Side note with the budget, I wish we would have more debit/credit meters downtown at least fill that part of the city up with them. So much more useful.

There's an article on Cleveland.com right now stating the city may be close to issuing an RFP for an app based service to allow people to pay meters with their Credit/Debit cards via their phones. Better than the few pay n displays we have now.

9 hours ago, Mov2Ohio said:

There's an article on Cleveland.com right now stating the city may be close to issuing an RFP for an app based service to allow people to pay meters with their Credit/Debit cards via their phones. Better than the few pay n displays we have now.

Yeah, I saw that, talk about perfect timing. 

• Like 1

Scaffolding up on the Prospect side of the Rose/Medical Mutual Building. Anyone know what this is for?  Always thought the upper details could use a power wash. 

4BACA956-A1E6-465F-9495-28D6B5A7D528.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrclifton88 said:

Scaffolding up on the Prospect side of the Rose/Medical Mutual Building. Anyone know what this is for?  Always thought the upper details could use a power wash. 

I'll look again today, but when I walked by the other day there wasn't any scaffolding that went directly up to the building, there was about a 8' gap between this and the windows of their cafeteria, made me think that it'd be for work higher up (if something fell, it'd probably float outward), maybe I'm overthinking it lol

13 hours ago, mrclifton88 said:

They are preparing for Some Facade work on the building.

• Thanks 1