Guest grasscat

Cincinnati: Mt. Auburn: Development and News

166 new residents is a pretty big win for Mt. Auburn. I wish Mt.Auburn had some type of business district row with shops and restaurants but I'm not sure if that will ever happen. 

18 minutes ago, DEPACincy said:

Maybe they'll incorporate steps connecting to Drake Street. But I don't think people will have a problem using the Young Street steps. It's only a 15 minute walk from this site to 3 Points Brewery or MOTR via the Young St steps. It's only about a 10 minute walk to Nicola's.

I would hope some would use the Metro 19 or 24 to get downtown. 

I live in this area and one of the best parts about it is the great transit connections and the ability to walk down to the basin in a pinch without having to pay the OTR prices for apartments. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, troeros said:

166 new residents is a pretty big win for Mt. Auburn. I wish Mt.Auburn had some type of business district row with shops and restaurants but I'm not sure if that will ever happen. 

If Mt. Auburn keeps adding residents someone will seize the opportunity.

23 minutes ago, onionfourway said:

I would hope some would use the Metro 19 or 24 to get downtown. 

I live in this area and one of the best parts about it is the great transit connections and the ability to walk down to the basin in a pinch without having to pay the OTR prices for apartments. 

yeah, I am going to bet most residents of this apartment building end up using a lot of Uber trips.  Maaaaybe walk down, then Uber back up.

Major Uptown project gets key approval

Uptown Rental Properties got initial approval Friday from the Cincinnati Planning Commission for a $40 million, large apartment project in Mount Auburn.

Some nearby residents concerned about parking, traffic and views objected to the vote, while the Mount Auburn Community Council, Mount Auburn Chamber of Commerce and key stakeholders like Christ Hospital urged support.

Commissioners voted unanimously to approve a zoning change for 14 properties and 3.94 acres at the southern end of Short Auburn Street and Bigelow Street between Walker Street and God’s Bible School, as well as residences fronting Josephine Street.

The change in zoning from residential mixed and single family to a planned development would allow Uptown Rental Properties to build 182 apartments within two multi-family buildings as well as a parking garage.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2020/02/07/major-uptown-project-gets-key-approval.html

• Like 1

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

New banner on the Flatiron building saying flats and ‘Neighborhood Retail’ coming this summer.

Any idea what the neighborhood retail is going to be?

489485F3-91AA-47BE-9C09-1E66766BC160.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Guy23 said:

New banner on the Flatiron building saying flats and ‘Neighborhood Retail’ coming this summer.

Body Snatcher 2.0 ? 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 6:20 PM, Guy23 said:

Not too long ago there was supposed to be a wine bar going on the first floor and basement. Maybe that's the neighborhood retail they're speaking of...

Edited by Largue