Sign in to follow this  
big_c

Happy Thanksgiving!

^ Cross-post in the marijuana ADHD thread.

Now that the turkey feast is over.  I want to go to the midnight sales at the mall....but i don't own a car to get there and the parents ain't loaning it.

My nephews won't stop screaming! Running around, knocking things over, whining. Arrrghhh

My experience was better than I anticipated. My nieces and nephews are pretty good at managing their toddlers and maintaining some degree of order while still letting the kids play and have fun together. Toddlers are delightful in moderate doses, probably because they're someone else's; their inquisitiveness is amazing, and I think I get a little more respect than their immediate families because they don't see me often. Having stuff for them to do without running amok is good, too; my niece has a basement room that's fairly toddler-proof; it's carpeted and free from hard obstructions they can crash into, the toys are big and soft and they can throw them around without breaking anything or hurting each other.

One of the good things about celebrating Thanksgiving with younger relatives who have bunches of small kids is the lack of stuffiness. No fine china or formal table settings, or getting frustrated trying to taste your food before it gets cold, while constantly being interrupted by passing stuff. The food was abundant and good, served buffet-style, and eaten from paper plates at folding tables. It was a completely stress-free meal with no harping about manners (the kids or mine) and clean-up was simple.

I have very much enjoyed being able keep up with the progress of my home town and Urban Ohio has provided an excellent way to do so.  I enjoy all of the different perspectives and have appreciated learning from all of you.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Of all the positive things going on in Cleveland these days, what are you most thankful for? 

Edited by newyorker
Typo
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, newyorker said:

I have very much enjoyed being able keep up with the progress of my home town and Urban Ohio has provided an excellent way to do so.  I enjoy all of the different perspectives and have appreciated learning from all of you.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Of all the positive things going on in Cleveland these days, what are you most thankful for? 

I feel like retaining a growing Fortune 200 company is the easy answer.. so the thing I’m most thankful for in Cleveland is Bernie Moreno and the other like minded entrepreneurs who’re contributing to the #4 fastest growing tech labor pool in the U.S.

• Like 5

I'm thankful for...sources!

Without you, I cannot tell Clevelanders what is happening in and around their city. So thank you for helping me keep your neighbors apprised of what's going on in their community, which is a lot!

• Like 10

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

Thank you for all your steadfast dedication to bring us all good and bad news, as well as I. I'm glad to call this my #1 go to to keep my hopes up, because I don't do anything else on the internet but youtube and scour this entire forum for interesting tidbits. I'm glad to call this city home. This will be my first Thanksgiving away from home, as I've already spent every holiday away from my family since Christmas 2018. It's hard not being there with my family now that I'm in the USAF, but I do know that there are others who have it way worse than I do, and I am very grateful for those who are fighting overseas past, present, and future members of our services. I'm glad you guys are my connection to home, staying familiar to the city and staying informed on what I have to expect when I come home again. This website with your collaboration of course is without a doubt a lifesaver for me.

Now as we say in sarcastic language as disgruntled government employees, " Thank you for your steadfast contributions to the overall mission of our United States Air Force", I extend that to you guys and every Ohioan across our 3 C's T, A/C, Y, D but very not sarcastically. You truly don't understand the weights of your deeds, and keeping me informed is all i need.

Thank you.

• Like 5

I’m thankful for everybody that has the city’s best interests at heart. We may disagree at times with how to get there, but if the motives are pure, we’re on the same team. Happy thanksgiving everybody

• Like 4

Great website, great interactive forum. I can easily say it’s my favorite Internet diversión! I know we veer off topic a bit much but even some of the right and left turns and side squabbles are  interesting (at times) and KJP’s reporting work was Pulitzer- worthy this year. X and Mayday seem to know how to run a classy operation, shutting down things when we’ve lost our focus - so, thanks to the contributors and the insiders the picture takers, the meeting attendees  the sources and the sleuths around town  doing most of the heavy lifting - it’s great for Clevelanders at home and across country. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm thankful for everyone (well, almost everyone! 😉 ) who appreciates and/or contributes to the forum. As I mentioned at our recent lunch meetup, if someone had told me back in 2004 when we started that we'd have the membership and activity levels we have now, I never would have believed them. 

As far as a favorite project? I'm just thankful that there are too many for me to keep up - waaaay different from when we started the forum! 

👇 👇👇

pinnacleshoreway3.jpg

• Like 3

I've loved this site from the beginning and I found it by chance back in the day!   I was "jdd941" back then and I even contributed a nice fire stations of Cleveland thread.  I wish I wouldn't have changed names...not even sure why I did.  Anyway, this site is addicting.  I love being able to be in "the know" and I'm not even in the know.  I also feel like I have friends that I have never met...(showing my age) sort of like pen pals!  Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving everyone.

Many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are - notwithstanding our daily struggles.  Thanksgiving comes once a year, but it's message shouldn't be limited to this one day. 

Back to being my Moms favorite child.

They Cant Help Me.gif

Edited by MyTwoSense