CincyImages

Cincinnati Beer / Alcohol News

Greater Cincinnati brewery partners with Breeders' Cup on limited edition ale

screen-shot-2018-11-02-at-15509-pm*750xx

The 2018 Breeders’ Cup World Championships takes place Nov. 2-3 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, and organizers of the horse racing event have partnered with Covington-based Braxton Brewing Co. on a limited specialty beer.

“We are always looking to work with local partners who share our commitment to developing authentic and elevated experiences, and Braxton’s deep Kentucky roots and strong reputation made them the clear choice for this collaboration,” Craig Favel, Breeders’ Cup president and CEO, said in a statement.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/11/02/greater-cincinnati-brewery-partners-with-breeders.html

Bad Tom Smith is such a weird one. No one talks about them in Cincinnati, and they're way out in Linwood. Which isn't exactly a hot neighborhood. But they have a taproom in the heart of Ohio City in Cleveland, of all places. They have a Wild West aesthetic, which doesn't seem to jibe that well with the craft beer scene. I don't know, it's just an enigma to me.

One of Cincinnati's largest craft breweries expands with new product

One of Cincinnati's largest craft breweries is expanding its product selection to include more than just beer.

MadTree Brewing, in its new facility at 3301 Madison Road in Oakley, is branching into a new category starting in December: cider.

"It's something we've talked about for many years, but we didn't just want to buy a 500-pound tote of cider from China, throw some yeast in there and say we made cider," MadTree's Mike Stuart told me.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/11/08/exclusive-one-of-cincinnatis-largest-craft.html

On 11/2/2018 at 5:13 PM, Robuu said:

Bad Tom Smith is such a weird one. No one talks about them in Cincinnati, and they're way out in Linwood. Which isn't exactly a hot neighborhood. But they have a taproom in the heart of Ohio City in Cleveland, of all places. They have a Wild West aesthetic, which doesn't seem to jibe that well with the craft beer scene. I don't know, it's just an enigma to me.

I haven't been in a few years but their beer just was never that good. My wife and I used to go a lot when we had an apartment in Hyde Park because it was close and usually pretty empty. So we could walk right in, get a beer and talk to the bartenders and/or brewers. Then the new owners bought it and it started changing for better or worse. Not soon after I moved to Pleasant Ridge and stopped going all together. 

• Like 1