Guest grasscat

Cincinnati: Fountain Square: Development and News

BTW, we were there last night for the second time, but you must have been off...sat in the seats facing into the kitchen, and watched Pete get pretty annoyed at a couple folks!

It seems that the Christmas tree is coming in its <a href=http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20071101/NEWS01/311010049/>40-foot grandeur</a>. I'm excited for the new skating rink and possibilities for holiday fun. It seems like last week we were watching <i>It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown</i> down there and now the tree will be here in 10 days.

It's cold again. The <a href=http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php?topic=6447.0>BJs</a> are awesome. Bring on winter!

It's cold again.  The <a href=http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php?topic=6447.0>BJs</a> are awesome. Bring on winter!

Thank God you included a link, because I had zero clue that you were talking about hockey!

Well, my wife and I went to Via Vite last weekend (sorry I didn't say hi, David).  Great food, as we expected.  The service was not quite up to Nicola's levels, but it was fine, and we really just chalked that up to everybody working out the kinks of the new place.

Also, it appears that Greater's is now staying open a little bit later.  We went to McCormick & Schmick's last night with a group of friends, and went to Greater's afterwards.  We got there at 9:30, left at 10:05.  I think they closed at 10:00.  They were quick, courteous, and luckily there were more seats than I anticipated.  It's going to do killer business in the summer. 

On an unrelated note, with all the buzz around Fountain Square, we are going out downtown on a really regular basis.  In the last two months, we've been to Via Vite, McCormick's, JeanRo, and Nicholson's.  Fountain Square and environs are really becoming option number 1 for dining, even though we live in Pleasant Ridge.

Went to Via Vite last night again for happy hour, left at about 9:00ish.  The place was packed!  It's clearly the place to be in Cincy these days.  The creme de la creme was there, including Bengal Caleb Miller and his smokin' hot wife (who I hear is Jeff Ruby's daughter?).  Regardless - it was good stuff and a lot of fun!  :drunk:

My hubbie and I hit up Nicholson's for dinner last night.  They had a folk/Celtic/bluegrass band playing.  We might need to try Via Vite tonight for a drink.  Anyone been to the bar at Morton's?  Downtown is definitely the place to be.....

My hubbie and I hit up Nicholson's for dinner last night.  They had a folk/Celtic/bluegrass band playing.  We might need to try Via Vite tonight for a drink.  Anyone been to the bar at Morton's?  Downtown is definitely the place to be.....

You've got that right! I drove through DT last night and there were people everywhere ... can you imagine the streetcar and Banks once that's completed?

rock bottom entry way signage looks complete.  Looks good imo, very red.  Uuummmm, they clad their retail space in stone...looks good.  yea that area is going to look good once they get their outdoor patio area all squared away, and the construction bs is done.  come on already. 

I ate food at Rock Bottom before; it was then that I realized how they got their name. The beer is good though!

Actually, I am usually happy with their food.  And I like the beer a lot.

I ate food at Rock Bottom before; it was then that I realized how they got their name. The beer is good though!

lmao.  one thing ill say about this place is when you get carrot cake for dessert, its the biggest f'ing piece of cake ever.  It only tasted OK though.  mmmmm, carrot cake. 

Yeah I agree with xumelanie, I generally like my food at rock bottom.  We were generally going there after Bengals games because we thought it was better than Cadillac Ranch or Champps (at Hyatt) which may not be saying much . . .

Would like to report that we went downtown tonight around 7:30 for dinner at McFaddens.  Drove around downtown after dinner and couldn't believe all the people everywhere!  Downtown is on it's way up!

People... it's bar food... if you want good stuff, go to Via Vite or Palomino!

I guess sometimes GOOD bar food is what I want.  And sometimes more affordable is what I want.  Call me cheap but I just don't want to pay $15 - $20+ for an entree all the time.

I guess sometimes GOOD bar food is what I want.  And sometimes more affordable is what I want.  Call me cheap but I just don't want to pay $15 - $20+ for an entree all the time.

Exactly!  :)

M&S's happy hour menu seems to be what yall are looking for.  Good food, good atmosphere, and $1.95 menu.  I also like Palomino's happy hour which is EVERYDAY of the week not just Mon-Fri.

Me and a group of planner friends will be hitting up Macs around 2pm or so today to start our festivities.  Following that we will be hitting up as many happy hour spots as we can Downtown, and then enjoy the rest of our evening.  I think we'll definitely be hitting up M&S at some point.

Quick question.  I haven't been to the new fountain square yet, because I'm not currently living there....but I'm curious about the television (excuse me, LCD board.)  Is there sound for events like the out-of-town games?  If so, how is it broadcast?  Is it through speakers at the square or do you have to bring a radio?  I'm just curious about how much of a nuisance it potentially is.

Went to CAC today for the "America Starts Here" show, and stopped off at Via Vito for late lunch.

Pretty good lunch crowd.  The place has a nice lunch menu,  a bit like Figlio here in Dayton and in Cols (not too fancy, more casual with those gourmet pizzas.  The salads (especially the salads) and some of the other menu items looked more interesting.  The cappucino creme brule was pretty good, as was the asparagus soup.  I had some sort of cheesy pasta dish, which was spicier than it looked (which is a good thing).

This is definetly going to be a lunch destination for me when I am in town.

As for the new Fountain Square, no comment until they are finished and that ice rink is gone.

on edit. The interior was one of the best I've seen for a restaurant in Ohio. 

Dissenting voice on Via Vite. Our waiter spent far, far too long explaining every item on the menu. Seriously, maybe 10 minutes.

The penne was nicely prepared, but it tasted like a slightly classed up hamburger helper.

Who wants to Cook??

Reply to: job-477823515@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-11-13, 3:51PM EST

Offering the right money to the right cooks, Via Vite.

* Compensation: depends on experience

* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

* Please, no phone calls about this job!

* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 477823515

Maybe I'm just being picky...but could these Via Vite discussions pleased be moved to the Cincinnati Restaurant News thread?  This thread no longer contains any discussion about this project anymore.