KJP

Cleveland: Downtown: Sherwin-Williams Headquarters

RISK OF CLOSURE

13 minutes ago, freefourur said:

How soon is "imminent?" any hint on the surprise?

As in, by the end of the month. But you don't have to wait that long. I will tell you all this afternoon. Writing the blog now.

The surprise is the R&D site. It's a site that hasn't been mentioned by anyone during this whole process.

And forget the building height for crying out loud. Think jobs, people. The most important part about any of this is the thousands of jobs and the spin-off development that will result.

Back to writing....

• Like 15
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

6 minutes ago, KJP said:

As in, by the end of the month. But you don't have to wait that long. I will tell you all this afternoon. Writing the blog now.

The surprise is the R&D site. It's a site that hasn't been mentioned by anyone during this whole process.

And forget the building height for crying out loud. Think jobs, people. The most important part about any of this is the thousands of jobs and the spin-off development that will result.

Back to writing....

^R&D site is going somewhere on the near East Side. I am calling it now...Midtown or Opportunity Corridor

Whelp...I hear ya Ken and of course the most important news is that SHW remains based here. Then we benefit from any future growth. Sure that's more important than a building. I'm just thinking why can't we have it all - HQ and a skyline presence. Other cities seem to do it without even trying. Onward AND upward Cleveland.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hoping it’s the triangle at Prospect & Superior or the crater at Huron & Ontario. This is like Christmas Eve!

D30F331C-6CDA-439C-9AA6-7F78B7026F01.gif

Edited by marty15
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, WindyBuckeye said:

Midtown or Scranton are my guesses 

My thoughts were perhaps HQ on the Bedrock site with R&D being built on Scranton.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HGRHS said:

My thoughts were perhaps HQ on the Bedrock site with R&D being built on Scranton.

The more I think about it the more sense this makes.

1 minute ago, GISguy said:

angry keyboard GIF

I have to make a map, too! I'm working, I'm working!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"Most of us have been conditioned to regard military combat as exciting and glamorous -- an opportunity for men to prove their competence and courage. Since armies are legal, we feel that war is acceptable; in general, nobody feels that that war is criminal or that accepting it is a criminal attitude. In fact, we have been brainwashed. War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering" --Dalai Lama

Just now, KJP said:

I have to make a map, too! I'm working, I'm working!

I'm continually refreshing and killing my productivity. You need to hurry so I can get back to work.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, freefourur said:

I'm continually refreshing and killing my productivity. You need to hurry so I can get back to work.  

Ha! Me too! @KJP is slowing down productivity in the Land right now! Lol

• Like 1

Hopefully this gets picked up by cleveland.com in one of those "Cleveland blogger reports..." type deals.  They've done it before.  Then, it can start filtering its way through the media ecosystem and get Cleveland some early, positive pub around the country.

What a way to start the decade!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, musky said:

(◎_◎;)

Quiet, Powerpuff.

• Haha 2

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

With all the speculation going on, I’ll go with Bedrock for HQ and R&D at collision bend around where amphitheater was.  Perhaps keeping the newer section of Breen as well. 

1 hour ago, YO to the CLE said:

^R&D site is going somewhere on the near East Side. I am calling it now...Midtown or Opportunity Corridor

WRONG

14 minutes ago, skiwest said:

R&D on nuCLEus site?   😄

Brecksville? It would be disappointing but #1 is that the headquarters remains in Cleveland.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Florida Guy said:

Brecksville? It would be disappointing but #1 is that the headquarters remains in Cleveland.

That was already mentioned before for R&D facility though so will be ruled out 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Florida Guy said:

Nope. It's a site that "hasn't been mentioned by anyone during this whole process."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tykaps said:

Nope. It's a site that "hasn't been mentioned by anyone during this whole process."

Thank you I was so excited I read it but it didn't compute. 😀

5 minutes ago, tykaps said:

Okay, so not Atlanta, Dallas, or Charlotte then either. I guess 'noted site selection consultant' John Boyd was wrong on this one, folks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, PittsburgoDelendaEst said:

Okay, so not Atlanta, Dallas, or Charlotte then either. I guess 'noted site selection consultant' John Boyd was wrong on this one, folks.

We should all email him after the announcement and thanks for the hot tip! 

• Like 2

SHW+HQ+R%2526D+map1.jpg

THURSDAY, JANUARY 9, 2020

Sherwin-Williams picks Cleveland sites for HQ, R&D facilities; announcement "imminent"

According to multiple sources, Sherwin-Williams (SHW) has made its decision on where to build its billion-dollar new headquarters buildings and new research & development facilities. The same sources, who spoke off the record because they were not authorized to speak publicly yet, said the announcement of the locations will be made before the end of this month.

SHW will consolidate up to 6,000 office and research jobs from around Greater Cleveland and even around the country to downtown Cleveland. SHW currently has 3,500 full-time employees downtown already. The consolidation of up to another 2,500 jobs here will be a huge boon to downtown and surrounding areas.

The sites that the fast-growing global coatings firm has chosen for its HQ+R&D is both a surprise and not a surprise. The unsurprising part is that SHW's 1.45 million square feet HQ will be built on the parking lots owned by the Jacobs and Weston groups on the west side of Public Square.

The site for the 350,000-square-foot R&D facility is a surprise, however -- on Scranton Peninsula across the Cuyahoga River from SHW's existing John G. Breen Technology Center and SHW's existing HQ in the Landmark Building.

MORE

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/01/sherwin-williams-picks-cleveland-sites.html

• Like 23
  • Love 14
  • Thanks 7

^That feels like a “best of both worlds” kind of thing to me! 

And I hope it has the bridge from the riverfront convention center renderings. 

Edited by Boomerang_Brian
Added bridge comment
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KJP said:

SHW+HQ+R%2526D+map1.jpg

THURSDAY, JANUARY 9, 2020

Sherwin-Williams picks Cleveland sites for HQ, R&D facilities; announcement "imminent"

According to multiple sources, Sherwin-Williams (SHW) has made its decision on where to build its billion-dollar new headquarters buildings and new research & development facilities. The same sources, who spoke off the record because they were not authorized to speak publicly yet, said the announcement of the locations will be made before the end of this month.

SHW will consolidate up to 6,000 office and research jobs from around Greater Cleveland and even around the country to downtown Cleveland. SHW currently has 3,500 full-time employees downtown already. The consolidation of up to another 2,500 jobs here will be a huge boon to downtown and surrounding areas.

The sites that the fast-growing global coatings firm has chosen for its HQ+R&D is both a surprise and not a surprise. The unsurprising part is that SHW's 1.45 million square feet HQ will be built on the parking lots owned by the Jacobs and Weston groups on the west side of Public Square.

The site for the 350,000-square-foot R&D facility is a surprise, however -- on Scranton Peninsula across the Cuyahoga River from SHW's existing John G. Breen Technology Center and SHW's existing HQ in the Landmark Building.

MORE

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/01/sherwin-williams-picks-cleveland-sites.html

I hate when an article gets posted and it's right at the bottom of a page! Ugh!

• Like 4

This topic is being closely monitored by admins and mods and it will be locked if rules are not being followed!