Jump to content
zaceman

Cleveland: Downtown: The Beacon

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, GISguy said:

Put condos in 'em. I'll gladly create some air rights parcels in the GIS for them lol 😛

Would like to see a giant flame coming out of the one in question during special occasions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MayDay said:

Getting back on topic, thankyouverymuch.

beacon062519.jpg

Just in time for the All Star Game!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, w28th said:

There appears to be uplighting on the extensions at the corners, pretty slick.

Nice touch! I agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Terdolph said:

I am beginning to like this building very, very much.

Its not just another boring building. Its meant to be looked at.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MyTwoSense said:

Love the corner photo, looks like a bustling corner in the core of a city!

Sure fills a big hole that was there not too long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, freethink said:

One more from Twitter @urbanetics_ 

IMG_20190625_210600_495.JPG

This color is what I expected it to be (I know it has protective film) when it got announced. It's funny how Stark owns this property but doesn't know how to properly "hide" his garage on NuCLEus. This garage should've been an example for all other garages in our busy areas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MyTwoSense said:

Love the corner photo, looks like a bustling corner in the core of a city!

I love that pic. Very excited about Euclid Ave.

 

Can anyone give a leasing update? How many units does Beacon have again?

Edited by Mildtraumatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mildtraumatic said:

I love that pic. Very excited about Euclid Ave.

 

Can anyone give a leasing update? How many units does Beacon have again?

 

Haven't heard about leasing but the building has 187 units. Shouldn't take more than a year or two to fill.

  • Like 1

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ydard said:

I don't know if its a design flaw or a lack of care, but the condition of street trees in this city is criminal.

It is awful.  So many have just been cut off, with a stump in the ground, and some have even been cemented in... I don't get it.  Then there is the Shoreway... 

 

BUT... bringing it back to the topic.  This is going to really add life to an already lively corner.  Cant wait to see what the building looks like filled, and lit from the inside, people on the balcony, going to be very cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The street presence of this building is awesome. Looks like NYC. 

Maybe the best street presence of any new building downtown in the past 20 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MyPhoneDead said:
13 hours ago, freethink said:

One more from Twitter @urbanetics_ 

IMG_20190625_210600_495.JPG

I think the Beacon is looking very modern and interesting- I don’t find it dated-looking.   I like the inset balcony floor 3/4 of the way up - (that feature reminds me of NY’s 432 Park Avenue Tower). The nighttime shots show it will look pretty dynamic with its decorative lighting and ultimately,, the apartments occupied. Although not particularly high, i think in many ways, it will Be a symbol of downtown’s resurgence. . 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Terdolph said:

The street presence of this building is awesome. Looks like NYC. 

Maybe the best street presence of any new building downtown in the past 20 years.

The presence of this building does not look like NYC nor should it in any way want it to feel or resemble NYC.

 

Its authentically and organically CLEVELAND.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KFM44107 said:

The Shoreway is the state though from what I understand, so that's a whole other animal.

 

You guys mean "Edgewater Parkway" right? Not the shoreway. 😁

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some shots of The Beacon from yesterday's Indians game. I think it adds nicely to the skyline and gives some real visual interest for the "TV shots" ... I also got one panorama shot showing both it and The Lumen!

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

Edited by Paul in Cleveland
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stark rep at 5th Annual CRE Summit just said Beacon began soft leasing (no advertising) in February. Got 550 prospects right away. Building is now 60% preleased. Stark rep anticipates building will fill its 187 units within first year of opening. 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paul in Cleveland said:

Here are some shots of The Beacon from yesterday's Indians game. I think it adds nicely to the skyline and gives some real visual interest for the "TV shots" ... I also got one panorama shot showing both it and The Lumen!

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

More importantly, it doesn't block the view of the BP Tower!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KJP said:

Stark rep at 5th Annual CRE Summit just said Beacon began soft leasing (no advertising) in February. Got 550 prospects right away. Building is now 60% preleased. Stark rep anticipates building will fill its 187 units within first year of opening. 

That’s great news!  Curious how many preleased are not currently living in downtown or Cleveland proper.  Hope it casts a wide net attracting new residents.

 

Anyone pick the Stark rep’s brain regarding NuCLEus?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sapper Daddy said:

That’s great news!  Curious how many preleased are not currently living in downtown or Cleveland proper.  Hope it casts a wide net attracting new residents.

 

Anyone pick the Stark rep’s brain regarding NuCLEus?

I heard from a source at the city that construction on NuCLEus will start in August. However since the project has been announced comments on when it would start have proved wrong, so we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that mean the financing issue was resolved?  I was under the impression it is on hold indefinitely now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you shot that view from where nuCLEus may soon rise. Nice job! 😉 

  • Like 2
  • Poison 1

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My phone camera is pretty terrible, going to have to get this with an actual camera, but it does fill a nice hole from this angle.

 

On my way back to the office I also was handed one of these, sounds like they're making a hard push to get things leased!

20190628_122118.jpg

20190628_140147.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of the way it covers the view of Key Tower Terminal Tower looking down Chester Ave. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, X said:

Not a fan of the way it covers the view of Key Tower looking down Chester Ave. 😉

 

I thought “no it doesn’t” and then realized you meant Terminal Tower. Still funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops, I couldn't tell cause it was all covered up and I can't look all the way to the other side of a picture.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing the building yesterday with the panels unwrapped I think it looks much better in person than pictures can show. It has a very unique modern clean feel to it that stands out. 

A2BED5DF-1F86-49DE-9948-0697EABD85D1.jpeg

Edited by mrclifton88
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I thought the top was going to be more tapered, and not as boxy. I know they are behind on work near the top, so maybe there is more to do. After all, they aren't done yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ruken said:

Damn we are moving back in a year, and it looks like this will be all leased up by then. 

 

There's another new building that's going to be opening up down the street...

  • Like 4

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In and around Tremont/Downtown today-thought I’d do some on-site reporting with pics of the Beacon 🙃

 

Filling in the skyline nicely from the South (Tremont)...

D8BF9CA4-7285-4FD8-9AAC-5F1F9099C555.thumb.jpeg.fc7dca733ae5824f4a1ae5bd4949d75d.jpeg

 

Paneling appears to be almost finished, everything except for the westward-facing side...

A9ED58FE-F139-4D60-BAEE-E8A21009885C.thumb.jpeg.9b226d509ef2a7708ff1576cf1983da6.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geowizical said:

In and around Tremont/Downtown today-thought I’d do some on-site reporting with pics of the Beacon 🙃

 

Filling in the skyline nicely from the South (Tremont)...

D8BF9CA4-7285-4FD8-9AAC-5F1F9099C555.thumb.jpeg.fc7dca733ae5824f4a1ae5bd4949d75d.jpeg

 

 

It looks particularly nice in that first shot from Tremont. Thanks for the pics!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boomerang_Brian said:

 

 

It looks particularly nice in that first shot from Tremont. Thanks for the pics!

I can’t help thinking how similar it looks to the renderings in that shot!

D158DE29-AA0C-42BC-98DE-73658E9AABA3.jpeg

  • Like 1

"We each pay a fabulous price
  for our visions of paradise."
     - ????, ???????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KJP said:

 

There's another new building that's going to be opening up down the street...

Which I am also very excited about. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...