zaceman

Cleveland: Downtown: The Beacon

14 hours ago, tykaps said:

Checked online availability and counted 28 available units. That comes out to ~85% occupancy. Not bad at all.

And about 60% of the available units are one bedroom, the same percentage of one bedroom units in the entire building. A good sign that 60% one bedroom and 40% two bedroom is a good rate for new downtown rental development.

I thought so too, but a source at Stark said they are actually at about 50 percent occupancy with Beacon. They just aren't listing all the available units on the website. They are a "victim" of the high expectations in downtown Cleveland, where we've come to expect buildings to lease out in a year or less. When the industry generally considers it a great success to lease out in a building in two years. Ironically, I heard that from another Stark rep at a real estate panel discussion last summer.

• Thanks 3

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

11 minutes ago, KJP said:

I thought so too, but a source at Stark said they are actually at about 50 percent occupancy with Beacon. They just aren't listing all the available units on the website. They are a "victim" of the high expectations in downtown Cleveland, where we've come to expect buildings to lease out in a year or less. When the industry generally considers it a great success to lease out in a building in two years. Ironically, I heard that from another Stark rep at a real estate panel discussion last summer.

I’d be interested to see whether any lower priced units are not listed.

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

3 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

Once again the poor Crittenden Court gets no respect!  

Article after article gets it wrong.  I think even Michelle flubbed it once in an article.  Of course CC doesn't deserve much respect.

8 hours ago, Cleburger said:

Once again the poor Crittenden Court gets no respect!  

8 hours ago, Htsguy said:

Article after article gets it wrong.  I think even Michelle flubbed it once in an article.  Of course CC doesn't deserve much respect.

I was like “what’s Crittenden Court“ so I looked it up. Then I realized that my brother lived there and I stayed there multiple times. Ha. 

• Haha 1