zaceman

Cleveland: Downtown: The Beacon / 515 Euclid Avenue

2 hours ago, Frmr CLEder said:

Interiors are impressive. Still not a fan of the exterior, except at night.

I find the interior generic and the exterior interesting.

• Like 3

I love how this looks exactly like the renders. Maybe its more speaking to the quality of the renders they produced, but I can't remember any building before being this similar. I'm interested in seeing what they put up on the top part of the garage where the glass panels were removed. Will it just be glass panels like on the garage, or will they end up trying to blend the two facades? 

• Like 1

Pretty soon we won't even have to build skyscrapers anymore. The CG has gotten so good, we'll all just be satisfied with the renderings. Right? Right.... 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

17 hours ago, PoshSteve said:

I love how this looks exactly like the renders. Maybe its more speaking to the quality of the renders they produced, but I can't remember any building before being this similar. I'm interested in seeing what they put up on the top part of the garage where the glass panels were removed. Will it just be glass panels like on the garage, or will they end up trying to blend the two facades? 

It is almost exactly like the rendering. Now they need to address the garage-tower interface; that is very bothersome to me and could be the reason I find the building's exterior so troubling.

^^ Yup,  they all had seating out last night and were putting it out this morning.  Even planted 2 new trees!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, mack34 said:

^^ Yup,  they all had seating out last night and were putting it out this morning.  Even planted 2 new trees!

Nice touch. I hope it doesn't "walk away."

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

21 hours ago, sizzlinbeef said:

Pretty dang close:

image.thumb.png.e889279790760c9d0bd3243c097a22b2.png

image.png.68a5630d0307283219550cf5fa12d9ee.png

It's a shame that Euclid Avenue is being restored to it's former preminence, just to see the end of it, on the other side of Public Square, end in a neverending sea of parking lots.

What a travesty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frmr CLEder said:

It's a shame that Euclid Avenue is being restored to it's former preminence, just to see the end of it, on the other side of Public Square, end in a neverending sea of parking lots.

What a travesty.

One step at a time. Every new/renovated building that fills up and causes rents to rise creates market pressure to fill more voids.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, KJP said:

One step at a time. Every new/renovated building that fills up and causes rents to rise creates market pressure to fill more voids.

Progress is being made except in those lots.

48 minutes ago, Frmr CLEder said:

Progress is being made except in those lots.

Hopefully between SHW and a new JUSTICE CENTER and other projects those WAREHOUSE parking lots will be history in a decade!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Larry1962 said:

Hopefully between SHW and a new JUSTICE CENTER and other projects those WAREHOUSE parking lots will be history in a decade!

I responded here...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, KJP said:

Pretty soon we won't even have to build skyscrapers anymore. The CG has gotten so good, we'll all just be satisfied with the renderings. Right? Right.... 😛

Ah yes, I long for the day we’ll be able to live, work, and play inside renderings!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"We each pay a fabulous price
  for our visions of paradise."
     - ????, ???????

31 minutes ago, Boxtruffles said:

Ah yes, I long for the day we’ll be able to live, work, and play inside renderings!

Virtual reality, baby!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Geowizical said:

Beacon peeping out and looking mighty fine in the skyline (rhyme not intended) today at the Cleveland National Air Show

A67443F2-5D74-4A58-AB73-7CAD71E498E2.thumb.jpeg.48f9366386a2eba7400da10eab0743ac.jpeg

Speaking of rhymes, the sloped roof of the Hilton creates a visual rhyme with the sloped portion of the Mall.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 12:27 PM, sizzlinbeef said:

Pretty dang close:

Wonder if they still plan to put the sign up on the roof? I like the simple old school look of it, but it probably won't look great for those who are dining at the top  so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't include it.

12 hours ago, shack said:

Speaking of rhymes, the sloped roof of the Hilton creates a visual rhyme with the sloped portion of the Mall.

I believe that was the rationale for the slopped roof.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, buckeye1 said:

^ Wait, am I missing something?  I thought the rooftop was a dog park and a "sky lounge" aka sun deck?  "Dining at the top"?

It's just an area for residents. No dining outside of taking your own food up there and eating it.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:27 PM, sizzlinbeef said:

Pretty dang close:

This is a great highrise infill building and the reality looks a bit leaner and dare I say a bit more of an even better fit than the rendering. 

In any post I make I am not trying to suggest that I know everything about how real estate and development works, or that I know what is economically feasible or warranted, nor am I griping and expressing "height frustrations" or that I am "down' on the city of Columbus-I have lived in or around the city for nearly 60 years and I am a big supporter of it. thanks.

16 hours ago, marty15 said:

I just love the light ring around this. Adds a touch of class to the night skyline.

I couldn't figure out if you had attached a photo or not because I'm not seeing it. But anyways here it is...

70414385_758030331316080_1801074327756472320_o.jpg

• Like 12
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, freethink said:

I couldn't figure out if you had attached a photo or not because I'm not seeing it. But anyways here it is...

70414385_758030331316080_1801074327756472320_o.jpg

Love this view.  Great photo.   I usually sit right below

• Like 3

I really hope they plan on finishing the design like they depict in the renderings. The Beacon signage at the top and re-doing the entrance would be great.

1 minute ago, ASPhotoman said:

I really hope they plan on finishing the design like they depict in the renderings. The Beacon signage at the top and re-doing the entrance would be great.

Hopefully they just put up a huge billboard on top, a la you-know-where

image.png.d28c5574f8482c3125ac9dd9b9c064ae.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul in Cleveland said:

Missing side panels finally being installed ... from today at lunchtime.

IMG_3270.thumb.jpg.005f5cfa6422fab9208af1f845393dc6.jpg

Thanks for update. I asked about the side-panels about a month ago but nobody responded. 

I do not work downtown. Also, I thought Stark was to be complete with Everything ( Interior & Exterior ) by Sept 30.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simplythis said:

Thanks for update. I asked about the side-panels about a month ago but nobody responded. 

I do not work downtown. Also, I thought Stark was to be complete with Everything ( Interior & Exterior ) by Sept 30.

Only going to be a slight delay on that at least compared to his Nucleus delay.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 2:20 PM, ASPhotoman said:

...and the transitional interface between the garage and the building.

• Like 2