zaceman

Cleveland: Downtown: The Beacon / 515 Euclid Avenue

^where have you seen Lumen pricing? I’m down on their mailing list to be contacted when they start leasing discussions and I’ve heard nothing yet. 

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

On 3/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, mrnyc said:

thats the infamous william beaver building. i kid you not its called the william beaver. its a hideous horror, but at least squirreled away out of sight and mind downtown. you cant miss it in an airplane though unfortunately. 

Not everyone disliked that building:  https://www.emporis.com/awards/2009

On 3/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, CLE_Millennial said:

I called them. The rent is ridiculous. It starts at $1700/month and goes all the way up to over $4K/month. I would have considered moving there if a single-bedroom unit was around $1400/month, but $1700 is insane.

10 hours ago, roman totale XVII said:

^where have you seen Lumen pricing? I’m down on their mailing list to be contacted when they start leasing discussions and I’ve heard nothing yet. 

Here

• Like 1

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

Looking good!

It's weird to me that the rock wool is on the outside of the yellow panels. I know that stuff doesn't absorb water but I still wouldn't want anything trapping water against the building.

15 hours ago, KJP said:

Much better than the tiny "airplane windows" that exist at The 9. 

41 minutes ago, shack said:

Much better than the tiny "airplane windows" that exist at The 9. 

The windows at the 9 are not particularly tiny (probably about 5 feet top to bottom).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Htsguy said:

The windows at the 9 are not particularly tiny (probably about 5 feet top to bottom).

Not exactly airplane windows.....

27e1d3d975f2466f301cd47c749c4fb3.jpg

• Like 2

"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." -- Tommy Douglas, Scottish-born Canadian Baptist minister and the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan

It's exciting to see more new build apartments in the core of the city.  Here's to this being a success and being a catalyst for more new build apartments and condos!

Thanks for correcting me. The recessed, honeycombed windows from street level gave me the impression of being smaller than they actually are.  They still remind me of hermetically sealed airplane windows that you can't open. Don't get me wrong I still love Marcel Brauer's brutalist design! Just kind of stuffy to live in.

Edited by shack

I was amazed to see the windows were that big too. They look deceptively small from the street.

To get this back on track, the Beacon's windows don't look that big either. So I was surprised to read that they are floor-to-ceiling height.

I stayed there once - it's very nice. Having a glass-enclosed shower in the middle of the room, however, took a little getting used to.

There's nothing wrong with optimism, as long as you don't get your hopes up.

Nice shot!  Looks like two thirds of the panels have been revealed.  Don't really see the effect of the building getting lighter higher up yet.  Hopefully, that will become more evident as the rest of the yellow covering is removed. 

3 minutes ago, CleveFan said:

Nice shot!  Looks like two thirds of the panels have been revealed.  Don't really see the effect of the building getting lighter higher up yet.  Hopefully, that will become more evident as the rest of the yellow covering is removed. 

I drive by daily. That isn't the paneling itself but the material they are attaching the paneling too. It's black or gray. The paneling is only done a third of the way up and half of them don't have the film off them. 

3 hours ago, RE Developer In Training said:

I would like to see the newest NuCLEus from this view.  Will it fill in between 200PS and the beacon? 

Yes. This ugly parking garage is where the office tower will be. 

4BE94D22-6780-4A8C-BB09-249A077C1C96.thumb.jpeg.442fc8e7c4fec9c97b7d1e043115a27f.jpeg

On 5/20/2019 at 3:05 PM, simplythis said:

Why is it taking so long to get the wrap off the panels?

I'm guessing to help protect the panels from being damaged by the construction workers working above it ... dropped tools and what not.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, Pleco said:

Best I can do rn.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 6.52.10 PM.png

Not the height we wanted but will be a plus for Indian national televised games. If that height is right, more impressive than first envisioned from Progressive Field.

• Like 1

I don't like the way it blocks the view of the BP Tower.

The more I see of this project the less I like it.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 4

6 hours ago, dave2017 said:

My attempt at photoshopping Nucleus and the Beacon from Progressive Field's POV

cleve nucleus beacon skyline.png

Ha ha, “INDIANS WI”. Stands for WIFF this year instead of WIN. 

But anyway, that’s awesome and thanks for posting. You should put it in the NuCLEus thread so you can get “likes” there too. 

Those three buildings will have a tremendous impact on making the view “more city” from so many angles. Exciting!

Furthermore, the rumored tower on the Hippodrome site would show up just to the left of the AT&T building. 

Geis’s rumored condo tower on the old New York spaghetti house will also impact the view from Progressive.

Between those and Lumen there might be 5 cranes in view from the ballpark. 

Edited by Boomerang_Brian
  • Like 1

Thats a great job!!  Sadlt, the more I see of the Beacon and the Nucleus renderings...I wonder what Stark infatuation with earth tones is?  I thought the Beacon would at least have more of a metallic look.....not painted OSB board!  

• Like 1

They’re starting to peel of the wrap.... i can’t decide if it’s really ugly or really cool?!

B31A1E00-CBD0-49C0-899F-E8ADA65A89BF.jpeg

6859870F-7E1F-4F37-91D3-5EAD409D06E2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

D8AoeoWXoAAtS7Q?format=jpg&name=4096x409

D8AofPzW4AUn5SL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

D8AogDlX4AA4I6g?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1