Sign in to follow this  
Guest richNcincy

Cincinnati: Downtown: Queen City Square

haha none of ohio's skylines are ready for a key tower including the one with the key tower. why do you think approaching cleveland just looks like approaching the key tower, lol columbus could use it to fill in that gap in the middle of their skyline just put it on the capital building. who needs politicians anyway.

columbus could use it to fill in that gap in the middle of their skyline just put it on the capital building. who needs politicians anyway.

thats the best thing i've read all week. although i suppose we do actually need them, they could just build the capital square tower they planned years ago (build that on the parking lot right next to the old capitol.)

although the gap you speak of isn't always visible, and new highrises on the capitol would block leveque from the southeast(my favorite angle)

about key tower being out of place in cleveland, i think it fits in, and it could plan for the future. just like in 1930 how cleveland and columbus were with their only supertalls of the time.

let's face it all of ohios skylines are akward. ours in cincy is like clustered into three blocks. clevland has like two buildings that make the rest look tiny. columbus is like in a semicircle shape. toledo is spread out and daytrons just don't match. maybe if we push them all together we can form one giant super mega ohio town!!!! :clap:

Guest Cincinnatus

Interesting Ronnie. I need those blowups these days. Those little tiny renderings they put in the Enquirer etc. are too small to see well. I'd like to see one of the new Gateway Condos & Kroger parking garage at Vine and Central Parkway. The current Downtowner newspaper has what seems to be a new rendering with more details, but again it is tiny. Unfortunately they don't have an online edition as far as I know.

hmm yea i thought they stopped building boxes back in the 80s...

Plus it looks wider than it is tall, i pray that phase two comes about or Cincy is left with a boring glass box and a "shoulda coulda woulda" story...

As far as Cleveland heh well its missing the Progressive Life Tower and Ameritrust Center oh and all that shit the Ratners were going to build... but the skyline is still better than most cities in the US. The only thing id say is that it needs more supertalls around the square and perhaps some taller buildings on lower euclid and the WD.

^

Hey, look guys...it's just part of a much BIGGER project. 303 Broadway was not meant or designed to be a spectacular showpiece building. It's only 15 stories, and it's main use is a parking garage with a few offices on top. It's not going to hurt the skyline, it's not even tall enough to be seen from anywhere, you will barely even notice it there after it's built except for a few feet of driving on Ft. Washington Way.

I think as soon as the whole thing comes together, it's going to look great IMHO. plus, I can think of a lot worse looking buildings downtown, and it sure beats the hell out of what was there before...which was an empty beat up parking lot.

By the way...the building is not wider than it is tall. The diagram I made (and the released rendering) shows two sides of the building which makes it appear wider than it really is. Here's one that will show what it should look like from just one side...

QCS2.png

Here is the scoop:

303 Broadway St - Queen City Square

Cincinnati, OH 45202 - Cincinnati CBD Submarket

Future Availability of 135,000 SF

200,000 SF Under Construction Class A Office Building Delivering 11/2005

Total Avail: 135,000 SF

Typical Floor Size: 25,000 SF

RBA: 200,000 SF

Max Contig: 135,000 SF

Max Contig Floor: 135,000

SF Stories: 8

Smallest Space: 25,000 SF

Max 1 Floor: 135,000 SF

Delivering In: 11/2005

Rent/SF/yr: Negotiable

Total Spaces Avail: 1 % Leased: 32.5%

Parking: 650 Covered spaces are Available; Ratio of 3.25/1000 SF

For Sale Info: Not for sale

this rendering has been around for a while. i think its already in this thread actually. it has always troubled me why the existing parking garage is so prevelant in the rendering. sort of makes me think phase two is just a dream, which i guess it probably is.

^

^

Drinking last night, Monte? :drunk:

hehe, j/k.

The second phase is probably going to be drastically redesigned which is probably why they haven't included it in the rendering above. I contacted HOK about the second phase awhile back and they basically conveyed to me that it's super hush-hush. That tells me at least one thing...that they even knew about the second phase is a good sign. I hope they have something spectacular in store for us.

BTW, has anyone noticed the facing that they put on the WS Life garage across Broadway from the 303 site...?

I wonder if this is a sample piece of the facade for 303...

twnipper

The new design for Queen City Square Phase 1 will be in it's 1 year anniversary since it's approval this month. I believe it was unveiled 11/25/03. Can you guys believe it's already been a year?! Daaammmmnnn! Man where does the time go?

Bah...the Roebling Suspension Bridge was proposed in 1845 and wasn't opened until 1867. Nicholas Longworth offered his former vineyard land at cut-rate prices to the city for 40 years for the establishment of Eden Park--to no avail!

Get used to it. :D

Hey, Im new to the board!

If this means anything about phase 2, I Co-op for Western and Southern, and I know that they are trying to move all the employees to the Broadway garage (with the spinning top) out of the Queen City one. Not sure how long that is going to take though, but at least they have started on it.

Matt

Hey' date=' Im new to the board!

If this means anything about phase 2, I Co-op for Western and Southern, and I know that they are trying to move all the employees to the Broadway garage (with the spinning top) out of the Queen City one. Not sure how long that is going to take though, but at least they have started on it.

Matt[/quote']

This is really interesting news. Hopefully the ball gets rolling soon.

^

I went to QCS last night, and the piece of facade on the Western-Southern garage across the street is indeed part of QCS's facade. I spoke with the parking attendent and he said they placed it there to see how it's going to look.

That is really strange...I've never heard of anyone checking out a piece of facade on another building before to see how it looks. Could it be that they me be conteplating a change in the facade design? Can that be done after the project has already started?

I took some pics of it, but it didn't come out to good. I'll try again tonight...