CincyImages

Off Topic

I couldn't agree with you more monte. Remember how I used to bash Dayton back in the day? Now that you've been around the area for a while' date=' do you kind of see what i'm talking about?[/quote']

Done take my dislike for Dayton Aiport as a dislike for the metro. I like Dayton, but I would find it hard to live there even though I wouldn't be too far from Cincy. I like being part of a big pond, not a small pond. I like looking at the weather map on the back of the USA Today and seeing my city. I could go on with examples.

BTW, I went to Findlay Market today to get some goetta. It is absolutely beautiful but totally under utilized. The place I bought some cold cuts and goetta from said they were doing great business though so that is cool but Findlay while cool, it is far from North Market in Columbus IMO.

I too have been to Findlay during the week, I think it was a Wednesday morning. There was only one produce vendor and about half the butchers open. A completely different story from a Saturday afternoon.

BTW' date=' I went to Findlay Market today to get some goetta. It is absolutely beautiful but totally under utilized. The place I bought some cold cuts and goetta from said they were doing great business though so that is cool but Findlay while cool, it is far from North Market in Columbus IMO.[/quote']

Well, it does lack "Ms." Soy! :D

OK, I am going to the Reds-Indians game tonight. So while I was rooting for my Mets to stop the Reds yesterday. I want to see the Reds pummel the Indians in the "Battle for Ohio" - Mike Brown copyrighted "Battle of Ohio" - Go Figure!

I need so good Cleveland jokes and insults because I know there will be a bunch of Clevelanders in the stands.

It seems the Tribe had the ultimate joke for us. 15-2?

Hope you had fun at the game' date=' Monte![/quote']

The game was fun but the Reds were awful. At least we got to see a great fireworks show.

Sorry to chime in late on this, but I've got to come to the defense of the Dayton airport.

A Dayton person can't see this because after all they are Dayton people. They think small

In regards to the airport, this certainly wasn't always the case. Back before CVG is what it was today, DAY was a HUGE airline hub. Piedmont Airlines had their 3rd largest hub located at DAY, flying hundreds of flights a day to dozens of destinations. Piedmont occupied all of what is now Concourse C, as well as a third concourse that now remains closed off to the general public and is used primarily for Comair's maintenance facility now. What happened? In 1987, USAir (now USAirways) took over Piedmont Airlines. Since USAir already had a large hub in operation in Pittsburgh, the Dayton hub (and Piedmont's Syracuse, NY hub) were dismantled. It wasn't until after this happened, that CVG and Delta were truly able to grow to their current status.

More information about Piedmont and the Dayton hub can be found at the airline's historical website at:

http://www.jetpiedmont.com/index.php

I land at Dayton Airport and they send us up some staircase with peeling paint to a terminal that is so outdated and horridly ugly.

The terminal has gone through a number of renovation projects recently, though most of the work has been done in the ticket counter/baggage claim area and the retail mall just past security. The atrium, the flat-screen TVs, the Max&Erma's, bookstore, Sbarro, and other outlets are all essentially brand new, and look pretty damn nice in my opinion. Some work could be done to the lower level boarding areas where ATA and Comair load and unload, but overall the boarding areas are in decent shape, especially compared to T1 and T2 at CVG. The subway-station interior of Terminal 2 with windows that only go up to your knee and no place to sit, coupled with the barren wasteland where FedEx planes park at the gates known as Terminal 1 truly are eye-sores at what otherwise is an incredible facility.

actually I like the low key nature of Daytons airport.

For low key, there used to be Ontario, California. Back when I used to fly to Califas for buiness alot I used to request this airport. So low key that they didnt have jetways...you got off on the roll-up stairs and walked across the tarmac to the terminal (with the balmy winter breezes, and the snowcapped peak of "Mount Baldy" towering over you). The luggage claim was outside. under these canopys. Then, just walk across the street (or acess drive) to pick up your rental car. Sure as heck beats LAX for ease-of-use.

Guest Anonymous

Any possibility of getting Southwest to move into Dayton as an alternative to the expensive flights out of CVG? Or is it too close to the Columbus, Indianapolis, and Louisville markets?

Is anyone here (or someone you know) going to try out for American Idol in Cleveland on August 3-4th at Cleveland Browns Stadium?

(not me, by the way)

"I'm sure Mayday is going to make the trip."

Rest assured, I wouldn't be (or ever attempt to be) on American Idol or any stupid reality show. Well, except for America's Next Top Model that is - I can't sing for crap but I can sure stand around and look pretty!!! :lol:

I have no idea why i'm telling anybody this but I think I'm in love with a girl named Heather. I'm going nutts trying to keep her off my mind. She is the hottest, sweetest, & smartest girl I've ever been with. I really think she is the one. The funny thing is, we've only been talking to each other for about a week. I think sometimes you just know when you hit the jackpot.

^

I know what you mean about the sometimes part because this is the first girl I've felt this way in about 5 years. I mean, I've dated a lot of girls since my last major relationship and none of them compare to Heather. I just don't know what to say cause this girl has got me twisted. I think my pimpin' days might be over.

not that anyone really cares' date=' but i know where jack white and rene zelweger (sp?) live, in pleasant ridge, MI (next to ferndale my home town.......[/quote']

Do you know where Southfield, MI is? I'm going there on business in a couple of weeks. Unless, of course, my schedule changes, which it does daily.