CincyImages

Off Topic

As a 12-year-old, I didn't realize the magnitude or the externalities of this win. But I could see it in my older brothers and my parents, and the talk among the teachers at school. I just enjoyed this game for what it was. A game. A very intense game.

• Like 1

"Save the planet. Move to the city." -- The Downtowner podcast

I was at either a basketball game or wrestling match at Maple High, and Maple being Maple the score was announced as USSR 3, USA.....4.

Almost certainly the most important sporting event in global history. It may have helped shift history's course as God only knows Americans needed that jolt of national pride at that moment in time.   

It wasn't televised live because it started at 5pm.

yeah they televised the miracle on ice game later over the weekend --  and to bring ohio into it -- the bgsu players on that miracle team (falcons ken morrow '79 and mark wells '79) helped attract the future bg team that would win the ncaa hockey championship a couple years later.

besides being a great upset it was also one of the best if not thee best coach pep talk speeches of all time:

I just thought of something...probably the only use of the word "baby" in a Metallica song is Enter Sandman, and they're actually addressing a baby.  It's like the only time in rock history when a singer was actually talking to a baby. 

No idea where to put this (albeit old) GM capture.

WTF is that on the second floor deck?  A literal fortification???

fortified.jpg

I went to Watson's today on my lunch break.  Jesus Ho-Lay...I thought a hot tub was like $5,000-6,000.  Nah - they start around $8,000 for a decent 4-person and go up to $20,000 for like 6-7 people. 

IMG_1292.JPG.31bf1e83640254d5a5c16da702a9559f.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG.6e220177c4f5677e821a000a4f0babf8.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG.f39bc7a5f722493994cfdefcdbfd2592.JPG

Now that's what I call teamwork for the betterment of nature....

• Like 1

"Save the planet. Move to the city." -- The Downtowner podcast

On 4/3/2019 at 2:17 AM, jmecklenborg said:

I went to Watson's today on my lunch break.  Jesus Ho-Lay...I thought a hot tub was like $5,000-6,000.  Nah - they start around $8,000 for a decent 4-person and go up to $20,000 for like 6-7 people. 

IMG_1292.JPG.31bf1e83640254d5a5c16da702a9559f.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG.6e220177c4f5677e821a000a4f0babf8.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG.f39bc7a5f722493994cfdefcdbfd2592.JPG

Ick.  I consider these things human petrie dishes.  Did you ask the showroom about "open box" pricing or if they had models earlier in the series they need to get rid of?

3 hours ago, MyTwoSense said:

Ick.  I consider these things human petrie dishes.  Did you ask the showroom about "open box" pricing or if they had models earlier in the series they need to get rid of?

I was there to look at real furniture...at that place they put the hot tubs and pool tables and air hockey up by the front.  It's like walking in through the gift shop. 

Just now, jmecklenborg said:

I was there to look at real furniture...at that place they put the hot tubs and pool tables and air hockey up by the front.  It's like walking in through the gift shop. 

Get an air hockey table while your looking for furniture!  

FYI, if you want to embed an Instagram post into the forum, paste the full Instagram post URL into the text box and the forum will automatically generate a nice embed box that links back to the original post, like this:

Please do not embed the image directly using BBCode like:

[img][/img]

And do not download the image and re-upload it to the forum, because the original photographer does not get credit that way.