CincyImages

Off Topic

I have been doing some research in old newspapers for a personal project of mine, and I found this completely unrelated gem. It's from the August 1, 1897 edition of the Cincinnati Commercial Tribune.202005272317570213v2.thumb.png.e74a8373630b2c886624906265e4ba0b.png

• Like 1

this man has oldest traceable dna in america. it goes back more than 17k yrs, before the bering strait crossing.

its tied to peru and polynesia.

https://geneticsdigest.click/optin-388575911588875089994?%3Ftclid=GiDr4BLVkQzmilSeqNMJLhVLpVz-Dk6gmkm-7NX8FKN-aiDXukU&utm_campaign=taboola&utm_content=2896465715&utm_medium=businessinsider&utm_source=4439929&utm_term=782

25 minutes ago, mrnyc said:

this man has oldest traceable dna in america. it goes back more than 17k yrs, before the bering strait crossing.

its tied to peru and polynesia.

https://geneticsdigest.click/optin-388575911588875089994?%3Ftclid=GiDr4BLVkQzmilSeqNMJLhVLpVz-Dk6gmkm-7NX8FKN-aiDXukU&utm_campaign=taboola&utm_content=2896465715&utm_medium=businessinsider&utm_source=4439929&utm_term=782

Thor H. was right?

tarantino is of course well in the mix of great artists who steal, but i did not know this scene was one of them. btw its not an exact bible quote, its just a mishmash:

sonny chiba in chiba the bodyguard:

The path of the righteous man and defender is beset on all sides by the iniquity of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the father of lost children. And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious anger, who poison and destroy my brothers; and they shall know that I am Chiba the Bodyguard when I shall lay my vengeance upon them!
[Ezekial 25:17] 

jules in pulp fiction:

Jules: You read the Bible, Brett?
Brett: Yes.
Jules: Well, there's this passage I got memorized, sorta fits the occasion. "Ezekiel 25:17". "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of cherish and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
[Jules and Vincent shoot and kill Brett] 

also, if you are stuck inside coronavoiding, you can watch chiba the bodyguard on daily motion. streetfighter is another fantastic sonny chiba movie to look for.

• Like 1

I just needed somewhere to share my favorite city permit that I found today.

image.png.b05f006ecd878b55de205ad41647f610.png

Attached was an image file titled "Macs Fence" of the plan showing a very poorly cropped google maps satellite photo with lines drawn in what looks like ms paint to show where the fence would go.

• Like 3

A technology that played an important role in the internet of the 2000s is finally being retired:

As previously announced in July 2017, Adobe will stop distributing and updating Flash Player after December 31, 2020 (“EOL Date”). We made this announcement in collaboration with several of our technology partners — including Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla — which issued complementary announcements with more technical detail on what the Flash Player EOL will mean for developers, enterprises, and consumers using their specific OS environments or browsers.

[…] Adobe will be removing Flash Player download pages from its site and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date.

Thankfully a certain ridiculous thread was just locked-hopefully permanently...a very nasty unOhioan and unAmerican thread IMO.

Juneteenth today-a good day to reflect on race relations in the US for white people and to reflect on the need for change and how white privilege and systemic racism work in America.

Edited by Toddguy