Sign in to follow this  
Guest grasscat

Columbus: Discovery District / Columbus State Developments and News

^On Labor Day? They'll probably start Tuesday the 4th.

D'oh! You're right, I was just going by their FAA application project schedule dates. Thanks for reminding me I have a three day weekend!

Is there a website where you can see these applications?

Yep, its fun to check sometimes but currently only the Borror project has a height notification application.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=showSearchProposedCasesForm

Happy hunting!

Thanks! I'm not seeing the Borror request, but I did see three tower crane applications for the new rental car facility at the airport with a start date of 8/23. I didn't realize they were already starting that.

^On Labor Day? They'll probably start Tuesday the 4th.

D'oh! You're right, I was just going by their FAA application project schedule dates. Thanks for reminding me I have a three day weekend!

Is there a website where you can see these applications?

Yep, its fun to check sometimes but currently only the Borror project has a height notification application.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=showSearchProposedCasesForm

Happy hunting!

Thanks! I'm not seeing the Borror request, but I did see three tower crane applications for the new rental car facility at the airport with a start date of 8/23. I didn't realize they were already starting that.

Make sure you are looking under "Off Airport Cases" and try application 2018-AGL-15527-OE

Looks like they are asking for a max height crane of 230' (Maybe because of the hospital) for a duration of 24 mos.

Yes! I saw the airport facility as well! I also just looked and it seems they have set up a dedicated webpage to the new terminal and updates. Seems they are getting pretty serious about it finally.

Anyway back to the Discovery District, Iv'e also been keeping my eye out for a crane application for the 230 E Long Street Development.

Make sure you are looking under "Off Airport Cases" and try application 2018-AGL-15527-OE

Looks like they are asking for a max height crane of 230' (Maybe because of the hospital) for a duration of 24 mos.

Yes! I saw the airport facility as well! I also just looked and it seems they have set up a dedicated webpage to the new terminal and updates. Seems they are getting pretty serious about it finally.

Anyway back to the Discovery District, Iv'e also been keeping my eye out for a crane application for the 230 E Long Street Development.

I was looking at "Off Airport Cases", I just scrolled right past it at first. I see it now.

But yea, I'm guessing it's 230 feet tall due to the hospital. I don't know why else it would be so tall.

And yea I saw the dedicated page for the new terminal yesterday. It's exciting that they are starting on the new rental car facility.

Borror's 222-apartment project next to Grant Medical Center approved

Borror has taken pains to rework its biggest downtown development yet.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2018/01/24/borrors-222-apartment-project-next-to-grant.html

^ Any indication on a timeline?

Looks like work is scheduled to start next Monday, September 3rd. The crane will come shortly after.

Does anyone know if work was started on the Borror project this week?

Does anyone know if work was started on the Borror project this week?

The buildings are demolished, and the site is fenced off with about two feet excavated.

That Culinary Arts Building (aka Mitchell Hall) is the start of some great improvements for the Columbus State downtown campus.  The Culinary Arts Building is being built on the large triangular surface parking lot just south of the Center for Technology and Learning at the corner of Cleveland Avenue and Mt. Vernon Avenue.  Below is an aerial view of the triangular parking lot and a 2013 Master Plan for the same area: https://www.columbusunderground.com/columbus-state-president-presents-vision-for-revitalized-discovery-district-bw1

42210403734_923f3754f9_c_d.jpg

29056174358_3cf9488c7d_o_d.jpg

Late May view of the parking lot being torn up for the Culinary Arts Building at the corner of Cleveland & Mt. Vernon from https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-may-2018-we1

Here is a view from across Cleveland Avenue of that same parking lot area.  Note that the portion of Mt. Vernon Avenue that currently runs just south of the Center for Technology and Learning has been removed and replaced with campus green space:

cscc-04.jpg

Late August construction photo of the elevator and stairwell cores rising from the former parking lot at Columbus State for the new Culinary Arts Building (aka Cameron Mitchell Hall) at Cleveland & Mt. Vernon:  https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-august-2018-part-1

construction-roundup-august-01.jpg

Construction begins at Topiary Park brownstones

motorists-topiary-housing-conceptual-rev

Work has started on the planned five-story brownstones along Topiary Park downtown behind the main library.

MIG Realty, a division of Motorists Insurance Group, is behind the project along Oak Street, between South 9th Street and South Washington Avenue. Once completed, the development will bring 91 units in new five-story apartment housing on the north end of the park.

“Today as we celebrate Motorists’ development of The Residences at Topiary Park, we are contributing to the community in which we live and work – our own backyard,” Motorists CEO Dave Kaufman said at a ground-breaking ceremony.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2018/10/09/construction-begins-at-topiary-park-brownstones.html

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 1:36 PM, aderwent said:

borror-state-street-02.jpg?resize=1024%2C630

Excavation is well underway.

44773591724_2737501f19_c.jpg

Edited by Pablo

^is that the right rendering for that location?  I think the rendering you're showing was the one on State St, and the pic you're showing is Oak?

Edited by ck

11 hours ago, ck said:

^is that the right rendering for that location?  I think the rendering you're showing was the one on State St, and the pic you're showing is Oak?

No, that photo is of State St. 

This is the street view from State St:

Capture.thumb.PNG.3854e5c4f2629e3c752e96cf335a6430.PNG

• Thanks 1