Guest Anonymous

Cincinnati: Downtown: The Banks

Should do an air gondola that goes from lot 28 at the Banks (just south of music venue)  to the new IRS development in Covington. That way you would have a unique attraction that also could serve a transportation function 

• Like 2

www.cincinnatiideas.com

4 minutes ago, thomasbw said:

We need to get a bell 13 feet in diameter at the Banks

Our ark is maybe 1-10,000th the size of Kentucky's ark.  

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brian korte said:

Did I miss the announcement about an aquarium?

Since we apparently feel we need to do everything Newport does,, why not build our own Aquarium so people dont have to drive across the scary bridges into Kentucky. 

• Haha 2

On 2/21/2020 at 3:15 PM, Brutus_buckeye said:

Since we apparently feel we need to do everything Newport does,, why not build our own Aquarium so people dont have to drive across the scary bridges into Kentucky. 

Oh, now I understand. We absolutely should a build an aquarium. 

Banks developers scouting for restaurant to fill high-profile site

Project aims to capitalize on riverfront music venue

Developers at The Banks are in expansion mode again.

Nicol Investments and Jeffrey R. Anderson Real Estate are talking with city officials about bringing a new restaurant tenant to what is now a 0.4 acre-parking lot at the corner of Freedom Way and Vine Street, said Banks spokeswoman Tracy Schwegmann. 

“We are actively looking to develop that space,” she said. “There’s room for a bit more capacity down there.”

Cont

"It's just fate, as usual, keeping its bargain and screwing us in the fine print..." - John Crichton

Its about time..and the almost-but-not-quite symmetry of the banks has always been one of my minor annoyances too

57 minutes ago, Cygnus said:

Banks developers scouting for restaurant to fill high-profile site

Project aims to capitalize on riverfront music venue

Developers at The Banks are in expansion mode again.

Nicol Investments and Jeffrey R. Anderson Real Estate are talking with city officials about bringing a new restaurant tenant to what is now a 0.4 acre-parking lot at the corner of Freedom Way and Vine Street, said Banks spokeswoman Tracy Schwegmann. 

“We are actively looking to develop that space,” she said. “There’s room for a bit more capacity down there.”

Cont

Nice to see that parcel is going to be developed although I though sky star was going to take that whole section. I know there’s a burger place down there but I would love to see Shake shack open somewhere OTR/Downtown/Banks.

The banks should try and steal one of the popular restaurants from Liberty center, specifically Northstar which is great. I would also like to see a stand alone Shake Shack, but BurgerFi might have something in their lease to block it. Not sure the rumored Giordano's makes sense anymore with pies & pints down the road but I hope something is built there by the time the new Ferris wheel is finished. 

3 hours ago, ucgrady said:

The banks should try and steal one of the popular restaurants from Liberty center, specifically Northstar which is great. I would also like to see a stand alone Shake Shack, but BurgerFi might have something in their lease to block it. Not sure the rumored Giordano's makes sense anymore with pies & pints down the road but I hope something is built there by the time the new Ferris wheel is finished. 

Giordano's fell through because of pies and pints. They didnt want to invest in the banks with a competing pizza restaurant. Shack Shake can only come to the Banks if Burger Fi closes. Looking at what is being offered now, something along the lines of ethnic cuisine is missing from the Banks. I was thinking a nice hibachi grill is a family crowd pleaser. 

You know what else is a family crowd pleaser next to a ferris wheel?

e072629cf639f0ec8de6b015b4d63a5f.jpg

• Haha 1

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

12 hours ago, ColDayMan said:

You know what else is a family crowd pleaser next to a ferris wheel?

e072629cf639f0ec8de6b015b4d63a5f.jpg

Can we do this but with a putt putt course on top? 

• Haha 2

Is there any news on the office building proposed for the banks At 180 Walnut? I remember the story coming out last summer but have not heard anything since then. 

32 minutes ago, 646empire said:

Would this be the empty lot/restaurant pad? If so thats great news!

Looks like it, yes. the article mentions that per the development plan they could built an up to 1 story 7,642 sqft restaurant on that site, basically mirroring Yard House. The smell of roasting BBQ will surely bring some people in from the park and the Ferris wheel, and while it's a Nashville based restaurant something about a place that specializes in pit-firing whole hogs seems right at home in porkopolis. 

3 minutes ago, ucgrady said:

Looks like it, yes. the article mentions that per the development plan they could built an up to 1 story 7,642 sqft restaurant on that site, basically mirroring Yard House. The smell of roasting BBQ will surely bring some people in from the park and the Ferris wheel, and while it's a Nashville based restaurant something about a place that specializes in pit-firing whole hogs seems right at home in porkopolis. 

Agreed! This would be a fantastic addition. I’m hoping construction of the new Ferris wheel doesn’t get delayed and opens on schedule next spring. All this plus the Icon Music Center represents a big boost down there.

We're going to have a BBQ "Joint" to go with our Live Music "Joint".  Not to be confused with our u/c live music "venue".  

outside-sign-for-tin.jpg

8 minutes ago, jmecklenborg said:

We're going to have a BBQ "Joint" to go with our Live Music "Joint".  Not to be confused with our u/c live music "venue".  

And both are from Nashville, your favorite city in America!

12 minutes ago, ucgrady said:

And both are from Nashville, your favorite city in America!

It's going to be a little SoBro at the Banks! 😃😃

“All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche

5 minutes ago, Ucgrad2015 said:

So skywheel is going to go between this and yardhouse?

I prefer the term 'circuitous  entertainment joint' but yes. a more permanent looking version in the spot the mobile version was located.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:44 PM, Ucgrad2015 said:

Is there any news on the office building proposed for the banks At 180 Walnut? I remember the story coming out last summer but have not heard anything since then. 

Also curious about this. 

1 hour ago, snakebite said:

Also curious about this. 

I can’t see why anyone would invest in commercial real estate right now. I’d guess it would have to either be converted to residential or else scrapped entirely:

On 5/15/2020 at 1:33 PM, 646empire said:

Looks like the courier did more digging the Martin BBQ chain has decided against the Cincinnati expansion. So back to square one again...