Sign in to follow this  
Guest The_Cincinnati_Kid

Cincinnati: Over-the-Rhine: Washington Park

Jimmy:

Might I be able to use some of your digital photos of the Mercer Commons buildings?  I have written an article relative to all the stuff that's going on to be posted on iRhine (www.irhine.com), and we need some pics.  Yours are the only ones I know of.

Let me know

I wanted to post info on a meeting tonight that I got in the iRhine e-mail:

The OTR Coalition

Consensus Building and Community Voice in Over-the-Rhine

by Danny Klingler, iRhine Contributor

An ad hoc group of community councils, neighborhood residents, concerned citizens and stakeholders continues its fight for self-determination and democratic process in the Over-the-Rhine community with a coalition building meeting on Wednesday, September 7th at 5:30 p.m. at Verdin Bell Event Centre, 444 Reading Road. All who are affected by or interested in these issues are invited, and encouraged to attend.

The Coalition was formed in response to a recent wave of decisions affecting the neighborhood that appear to have been made behind closed doors, and to run contrary to the goals of the 2002 Comprehensive Plan. Of particular concern was the decision - made by outside entities - to place the new SCPA building at 12th at Central Parkway, which forced the proposed new Washington Park Elementary to be moved to a new site. Without any real community input, Mercer Commons was chosen as the optimal site, despite the fact that it did not represent the desires of the community, was originally planned for housing, is located near the epicenter of drug and crime activity in the neighborhood, and contains twenty-two historic buildings that would have to be demolished in order for the school to be built. The Coalition understands that CPS is now reconsidering the disposition of all three OTR elementary schools. The Coalition applauds this, and hopes to play a meaningful role in developing a new plan for OTR schools.

Also of concern to the Coalition is a new rider to a piece of State legislation that allows Cincinnati Public Schools to sell surplus school buildings to commercial developers before December 31 of this year, rather than having to offer them to charter schools first, as was previously the case. The current SCPA property and its adjoining greenspace are on the list of CPS properties to be sold. It is not the sale of school property for adaptive reuse per se that is worrisome, but rather the potential for historic buildings and adjoining greenspaces to be demolished or substantially altered. The Coalition would like to have community input into the fate of these neighborhood landmarks and their accompanying greenspaces.

These are just two issues of concern related to neighborhood self-determination in Over-the-Rhine; there are many others. Broadly speaking, the Coalition is advocating for three basic things as it moves forward. First and foremost, it is pushing for community buy-in, transparency, and democratic process in all decisions that are made affecting the Over-the-Rhine community. Second, it is requesting that all decisions take into account the economic best interests of the neighborhood. Finally, it is advocating for full accountability on the part of any public or quasi-public entities operating in the neighborhood.

The Coalition has had success thus far in getting the attention of key decision makers in the community. The upcoming meeting will seek to follow-up on this momentum by increasing the size of the coalition, and outlining a set of next steps. All who are interested are urged to attend.

Verdin Bell Event Centre is located at 444 Reading Road, between Broadway and Pendleton.

http://view.amplifyi.com/?ffcd16-fe8715777c620d7d7d-fdf71577776c017977117376-fefa15757d6502

From the 10/4/05 Cincinnati Business Courier:

Group fighting to stop CPS sale of school buildings

A coalition of stakeholders in Pendleton and Over-the-Rhine plan to file an injunction to prevent the sale of Cincinnati Public School buildings, the group announced Monday.

The group said in a news release that closing Rothenberg Elementary and building a facility at Mercer Commons would put children and educators in one of the highest crime area in the city, cost taxpayers more than $10 million and reduce the tax basis of potential prime mixed-use property.

http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2005/10/03/daily19.html?jst=b_ln_hl

^Ok, I play the bad guy, First, wouldn't building the school in this crime-ridden area get rid of said crime? The bad element would move on, would it not. If the Art Academy used the Neighborhood Council logic, they would of never moved to the crime-infested area of OTR from Eden Park. Also, what is this "potential prime mixed-use property". Is there another plan for the property, where was this plan five, ten years ago. Is the Council ready to move on this different plan?

Though it's not spelled out, their other concern is the green space near SCPA. Does anyone really know what a developer would do if they bought this building? I doubt someone would come in and tear down the school and pave over it. That place has condos written all over it. Granted some green space may be loss to parking but I would hold the developer to the fire not CPS.

This just smells of "I don't want change in my backyard, everything is just fine, Thank You"

I agree that the crime angle is weak.  There is high crime all over OTR, including the Rothenberg area and the current Washington Park School site, as well as the new proposed SCPA site, south of Washington Park. 

However, Vine Street is a commercial street, with much higher traffic than the other sites, and I don't think it is the right place for a school.  You have to remember that many of the people in this group not only live in OTR, but are teachers/graduates of SCPA and send their children to these schools.  Also, demolishing the 22 buildings, that for the most part were occupied as housing last year is a problem with me.  Sometimes it seems like we have an infinite number of these buildings down here, but so many are demolished every year, that the historic/urban feel of OTR is really destroyed in many blocks.

The old Woodward will probably become condos.  Fine, but it really makes a kick ass school, and I don't really see the logic of selling it at a low price before the end of the year, only to buy more expensive land a few blocks away for a new school. 

Also, the park that is just north of old Woodward was once a city park, that was given to CPS in the 70's.  It is a vital park in OTR, and to sell it for a spot for new construction or a parking lot is a big mistake.

I want lots of change in my backyard.  I just don't want historic urban structures replaced with anti-urban dryvit ones.

The bad element would move on, would it not
Hardly.. The dealers were still in opertation DURING school hours when the rothenburg school was still operating, not to mention after hours and during summer break! The buildings being rehabbed as market rate is a better way to get the bad element to move on, hopefully all the way out to west chester :-P 

I agree that the crime angle is weak.  There is high crime all over OTR, including the Rothenberg area and the current Washington Park School site, as well as the new proposed SCPA site, south of Washington Park.

Actually the police dept. released a report showing that calls to the police for various issues (which is a good proxy for level of crime) were something like 6 times higher at Mercer Commons than Washington Park and (I think) Rothenberg

Actually the police dept. released a report showing that calls to the police for various issues (which is a good proxy for level of crime) were something like 6 times higher at Mercer Commons than Washington Park and (I think) Rothenberg

Yep!

DISORDER CALLS FOR SERVICE REPORTING AREAS 22 AND 28 JAN-JUL 2005

RA 22 HAD 265 CALLS RA 28 HAD 81 CALLS

DSCF0821.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0818.jpg

The 2nd MAP represents VIOLENCE CALLS FOR SERVICE  REPORTING AREAS 22 AND 28 JAN-JUL 2005 RA 22 HAD 222 CALLS RA 28 HAD 90 CALLS

The 3rd map represents DRUG CALLS FOR SERVICE REPORTING AREAS 22 AND 28 JAN-JUL 2005 RA HAD 122 CALLS RA 28 HAD 57 CALLS.

What gets me the most on this issue I probably said this 100 times.. :wink: is the Wholesale demolition of an entire block of 19th century historic residential buildings (This happening in this countries largest historic district of intact 19th century residential neighborhood. This will decimate the integrity of this historic district)

3CDC banking property in OTR

By Marla Matzer Rose

Enquirer staff writer

The Cincinnati Center City Development Corp. has spent more than $8 million in Over-the-Rhine over the past year, the private, nonprofit group said Monday in its annual report.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051010/BIZ01/310100008

I have some real fears about what "Music Hall Square" could end up being...I'm really not a 3CDC hater, and don't want to be labelled as such, but WHY a 750 space garage ADJACENT to Music Hall??  It's a rhetorical question really, I mean I know what they would say the answer is...but I guess I just don't quite believe that that much parking is necessary to make development in OTR financially viable.  I know they have their market studies, but places like Park Slope in New York and Beacon Hill in Boston should demonstrate that you don't HAVE to accommodate people's cars with garages in order to draw them to a place.  And if they think they need 750 spaces, then what kind of retail development are they planning on?  I can only fear it'll be some newfangled thing with chain stores.

I'm just afraid those of us who love OTR could be in for some real shocks and disappointments in the near future...22 demolitions at Mercer Commons, a poorly designed school in their place, 5 demos at 12th and Race, several along Pleasant, several next to Music Hall, ANOTHER giant parking garage, a new SCPA that doesn't fit in whatsoever with the other architecture, a new "Music Hall Square", and the list may go on.

I just can't tell what it's supposed to look like.  It looks like a checkerboard turned on end with a gable on it for some reason.  I know, I know...it's not "the" rendering but I'm just trying to figure out what they were trying to show.

I know it sucks to demolish old/historic buildings but to make an omlette you have to break a few eggs.  There is an unbelievable amount of great architecture in OTR but there is also some disgusting buildings that hold no significance at all.  Any major investment into the city's most important neighborhood is welcome. 

As for some of the new buildings not 'fitting in' with the old architecture.....they shouldn't.  New projects/architecture should be something new and distinctive.  Something that displays new style for future generations to enjoy.  You see this all over Europe (Amsterdam in particular) as well as New York City and Chicago.  These places are also architectual marvels and do a great job at demonstrating how old can be blended with new.  You can also find this all over the University of Cincinnati's campus.....absolutely incredible when done correctly.

I would applaud a good building in the vacant lot next to Music Hall (either in a modern or traditional style), but the current rendering looks horrible.  The unskilled architect's solution to building a modern building next to a historic masterpiece: mirrored glass!  If that doesn't work just grow ivy over the building and plant evergreen trees in front of it to make it dissapear.

This should be interesting, please tune in.

I heard this I-team report covers the mercer commons washington park school location.

We shall see....

The I-Team tackles stories that reveal fraud, corruption, waste of taxpayer dollars and risks to public health and safety.

Sunday on 9News @ 11

Sunday (11/06/05) at 11, the I-Team's Laure Quinlivan exposes the Cincinnati School Board failing to do its homework  before spending your money. Find out who's behind a controversial purchase that may cost you double. 

CPS Waste Of Money

AUDIO/VIDEO

Watch this 9News video

We use RealVideo format only. Click here for help.

Reported and Web Produced by:

Laure Quinlivan

Photographed by: Phil Drechsler

Updated: 11/06/05 22:20:46

(Carol)

CINCINNATI SCHOOL SCHOOLS MAY BE WASTING MILLIONS OF YOUR TAX DOLLARS. THE CHANNEL 9 I-TEAM INVESTIGATES A RECENT PURCHASE BY CPS THAT'S PART OF ITS BILLION DOLLAR SCHOOL-BUILDING PROGRAM.

(Clyde)

CRITICS ASKED THE I-TEAM TO INVESTIGATE THE CPS PLAN THEY CLAIM IS BAD FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD, BAD FOR KIDS, AND BAD FOR TAXPAYERS.

(Laure on set)

WE FOUND CPS STAFF AND BOARD MEMBERS DIDN'T DO THEIR HOMEWORK BEFORE APPROVING THIS DEAL. IT'S THE BRAINCHILD OF THE NONPROFIT GROUP RE-DOING FOUNTAIN SQUARE…CINCINNATI CENTER CITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, BETTER KNOWN AS 3CDC.

(story on tape begins)

BONG

(nat)

ELEMENTARY STUDENTS AT WASHINGTON PARK SCHOOL WILL GET A NEW BUILDING SOON, (nat) BUT NOT ON THE SOUTH END OF THE PARK WHERE CONSTRUCTION WAS PLANNED. SUPPORTERS OF THE SCHOOL FOR CREATIVE AND PERFORMING ARTS WANTED THIS PRIME LOCATION CLOSE TO MUSIC HALL, AND GOT 3CDC TO HELP THEM GET IT.

(Steve Leeper, 3CDC CEO) "A number of corporate and private funders that are putting…there is over $30 million dollars of private money going into the school for performing arts."

3CDC PROMISED THEY'D FIND A NEW LOCATION FOR WASHINGTON PARK SCHOOL, SOUTH OF LIBERTY STREET AS CPS REQUESTED. HERE IT IS…THIS BLOCK OF EMPTY BUILDINGS ON WALNUT & MERCER, KNOWN AS MERCER COMMONS.

(Ty Provosty, OTR Resident) "This has all been done behind back doors, without public communication. Why would anyone want to stay in this city if this is the way things are?"

ARCHITECT TY PROVOSTY HAS LIVED IN OVER THE RHINE 21 YEARS, IN THIS HISTORIC HOME HE RENOVATED HIMSELF. HIS CHILDREN WENT TO CPS SCHOOLS. HE SAYS MERCER COMMONS IS NOT SAFE FOR SCHOOLKIDS.

(Ty Provosty, OTR Resident)"What they're thinking of doing with the children is unbelievable."

(Steve Leeper, 3CDC CEO) "What do you mean the safety of that location?

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "It's the worst crime area in all the city."

(Steve Leeper) "I would not say that that's the fact."

POLICE RECORDS SHOW IT IS THE FACT.

(graphic)

IN A RECENT 6 MONTH PERIOD, THE POLICE REPORTING AREA THAT INCLUDES MERCER COMMONS HAD 224 PART ONE CRIMES --SERIOUS VIOLENT CRIMES. IT'S MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE WASHINGTON PARK AREA….AND FIVE TIMES AS DANGEROUS AS THE ROTHENBERG LOCATION WHERE RESIDENTS WANT TO PUT THE NEW SCHOOL.

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "So this really is safer? (Ty Provosty, OTR Resident) It's much safer."

PROVOSTY SAYS ROTHENBERG IS SITTING EMPTY. BUILT OF SOLID STONE IN 1913, HE CALLS IT AN HISTORIC TREASURE THAT SHOULD BE RENOVATED.

(Ty Provosty) "The amazing frieze with hand-carved gargoyles." (Laure) Wow."

HE SAYS ROTHENBERG CAN HOLD 650 STUDENTS AND HAS ROOM TO ADD PARKING AND GREEN SPACE. IT'S IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD, CLOSE TO MULBERRY HILL, ACROSS THE STREET FROM A CITY-OWNED BASKETBALL COURT AND PLAYGROUND. THERE'S EVEN A VIEW.

(Ty Provosty) "It's a nice view of downtown."

PRESERVATIONISTS SAY RENOVATING ROTHENBERG PREVENTS THIS.

(nat sound demolition tp 7) DESTROYING THE NEIGHBORHOOD,.

(Ken Jones, Architect & OTR Resident) "Mercer Commons basically are all these historic buildings. There's 22 historic buildings, represents a whole block face, in this case which, if this plan goes through, will be torn down."

SCHOOL BOARD PRESIDENT FRANCES NEWELL.

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "Do you have any concern about that?"

(Frances Newell, CPS Board President) "I have to honestly say I don't have any concern about historic buildings, I know that's not the politically correct response, my concern is about providing buildings for our children today"

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "You live in a beautiful historic home. Are you concerned that this Mercer Commons site is going to entail tearing down 22 buildings most of them historic buildings?"

(Melanie Bates, CPS Board Member) "It's retrospective and we've made our decision and I stand behind the board decision, but that is not something that came up at the time."

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter)

ANOTHER THING THAT DIDN'T COME UP AT THE TIME THEY VOTED, WAS SOMETHING PRETTY BASIC-- THE TOTAL COST OF BUILDING HERE. BOARD MEMBERS APPROVED BUYING THE BUILDINGS, WITHOUT COST ESTIMATES FOR DEMOLITION, FOR INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS AND FOR ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING THAT HAS TO BE DONE HERE.

RENOVATING HERE WOULD COST A LOT LESS.

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "If they changed their mind and did what you want, renovate Rothenberg, How much money would that save taxpayers?"

(Ty Provosty, OTR Resident) "According to our estimates they would save between 8 and 10 million dollars."

THAT'S WORTH DISCUSSING. BUT CPS STALLED OUR REQUEST TO INTERVIEW SUPERINTENDENT ROSA BLACKWELL FOR MORE THAN A MONTH…WE FINALLY JUST SHOWED UP.

(security guard) "You cannot come down here, you are going to have to go there." (Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "I'd just like to ask a question of the superintendent before the board meeting starts.

WE TRIED THE OTHER SIDE, BUT SECURITY BLOCKED US AGAIN.

(Laure Quinlivan) "What do I have to do to talk to the superintendent?"

WE WANT TO KNOW WHY CPS PAID 3.9 MILLION FOR THE MERCER COMMONS BUILDINGS, WHEN PUBLISHED REPORTS SAY THE SAME BUILDINGS SOLD A COUPLE YEARS AGO FOR 2.2 MILLION.

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "You paid almost double what the buildings went for just a couple years before. Why did you do that? (Frances Newell, CPS Board President) Well two things. One, I think it's hard to determine how much a building is worth."

NOT REALLY.

(Graphic )

THAT'S WHY YOU GET APPRAISALS. ALL THE SCHOOL DISTRICTS WE TALKED TO GET APPRAISALS BEFORE BUYING PROPERTY…BATAVIA SAID 'ABSOLUTELY'. WAYNE SAYS IT'S 'THE PRUDENT THING TO DO…" AND WILLIAMSBURG SAID "APPRAISALS ENSURE UTILIZING TAXPAYER MONEY RESPONSIBLY."

THE I-TEAM LEARNED CPS USUALLY GETS APPRAISALS, BUT FOR THESE 22 MERCER COMMONS BUILDINGS…CPS DID NOT.

(Ty Provosty, OTR Resident) "I think it's irresponsible."

CPS BOUGHT THE BUILDINGS FROM JOHN BARRETT, CHAIRMAN OF WESTERN & SOUTHERN, AN EXECUTIVE WHO'S ALSO A 3CDC BOARD MEMBER.

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "You recommend this site. This was your number one recommendation, right? (Steve Leeper, 3CDC CEO) Yes. (Laure Quinlivan) Then it just so happens to be owned by a 3cdc board members, doesn't that put you in a sort of conflict of interest kind of perception, anyway? (Steve Leeper) Probably everything we do, you could make that argument about Fountain Square. You know we're doing Fountain Square and it happens to be in a 3cdc board members front door. I would say that is not the most ideal situation, on the other hand, they didn't want to sell the site."

LEEPER SAYS HE TALKED JOHN BARRETT INTO SELLING TO CPS --AT COST.

(Steve Leeper, 3CDC CEO) "He agreed to sell it at cost he incurred on the property."

(Ken Jones, Architect & OTR Resident) "They sold it to the school board for $4 million claiming that's the amount of money they had in it. Well that may be what they had in it, but it didn't add anything to the value of these buildings, so in my estimation the school board paid more than it's worth."

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "Do you think you overpaid for the buildings today?" (Frances Newell, CPS Board President) "Um, in dollars and cents, the answer would be yes."

(Nat)

OVER THE RHINE RESIDENT WALTER REINHAUS GIVES ODD JOBS TO NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS…HE WANTS CPS TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR KIDS.

(Walter Reinhaus, OTR Comm. Council) "To do this right CPS has got to involve more voices that just 3cdc and they haven't been, especially since they decided to not pursue fixing up Rothenberg."

RESIDENTS HAVE MADE THEIR CASE TO CPS…

(Ty Provosty at CPS meeting) "We're talking about taking 22 buildings most of which are housing and demolishing them."

BUT CLAIM THEY GET NO RESPONSE.

(Laure Quinlivan, I-Team Reporter) "We've heard from a CPS Board member that it's a done deal. Is it too late to change?" (Ty Provosty, OTR Resident) "It's absolutely not too late."

EVEN 3CDC AGREES WITH THAT.

(Steve Leeper, 3CDC CEO) "Blame us for a bad recommendation and blame CPS for making a bad choice…I think this all goes away if the school board decides that they don't, and it's only the school board decision, if they don't want to use the property, let's get it developed for residential purposes."

BONG

(Laure on set)

LEEPER SAYS 3CDC WILL HELP FIND A DEVELOPER TO BUY THE BUILDINGS AND CREATE HOUSING, IF CPS WANTS TO RENOVATE ROTHENBERG. RESIDENTS WOULD BE THRILLED. THEY SAY HOMEOWNERSHIP IS THE BEST WAY TO IMPROVE SAFETY.

(Clyde)

MAYBE WESTERN & SOUTHERN WOULD BUY THEM BACK?

(Laure)

I TALKED WITH JOHN BARRETT ON THE PHONE ABOUT THAT. HE SAYS HE'D TALK WITH COLLEAGUES AND CONSIDER IT, BUT CPS HAS NOT APPROACHED HIM ABOUT IT.

(Carol) ANY WORD FROM CPS ON THIS?

(LAURE)

NO, BUT THERE'S A SCHOOL BOARD MEETING TOMORROW NIGHT AND RESIDENTS MAY ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS. MAYBE NOW THEY'LL GET A RESPONSE. AND REMEMBER, TUESDAY IS ELECTION DAY-- SOME BOARD MEMBERS MAY BE OUT OF A JOB BY THEN.

Frances Newell, CPS Board President) "I have to honestly say I don't have any concern about historic buildings, I know that's not the politically correct response, my concern is about providing buildings for our children today"

I almost threw my coffee cup at the tv after that witch said that!!!  :whip:

What a great job Laure Quinlivan did at exposing 3cdc and cps she is my new favorite person of the year!

She made CPS and, to a lesser extent, 3CDC look very stupid and very bad.  We should keep an eye on that last sentence about the school board meeting tomorrow (well, tonight).  Something explosive could happen then.

BTW...I'm probably going to move this over to the Washington Park thread tomorrow.  Just a heads-up.

Laure Quinlivan is an excellent reporter, which is strange for me to say considering i loathe news reporters altogether, but she has really had some great stories. (ie the vine st. story a few years ago)

The biggest shame of it is that the majority of news watchers are out in the hinterlands and couldn't care less one way or the other.

Apparently nothing much happened at the school board meeting, as the board listened to the public speak and gave no reply.

Quinlivan mentioned Rosa Blackwell saying something about meeting with the neighborhood group (unlikely), and also said that the neighborhood group was planning to file a lawsuit if necessary (likely).

What is the plan for the old SCPA site in Pendelton?  And I do have a reason for asking........... 

"We don't plan to tear SCPA down," said district spokeswoman Christine Wolff. "Our intention is it will be adapted to some other use when we no longer need it. Likely, it would be sold for some other use." Tuesday, January 6, 2004 Cincinnati Enquire

Now in the Channel 9 piece, Ty from Pendleton gives a tour of Rothenburg; safer, closer to a residential neighborhood, Mulberry Hill.  But what about the old SCPA site in his sector?  Why was that not mentioned as an alternative, its bigger, and just as pretty.  Here is where I am just missing the boat,  there was no mention of Pendelton, and the Foundation (which are basically the same) concern over loosing there park as well as part of this deal.  That whole beef that they have with the school board never came up.  Mabey someone can explain this to me on why Pendelton residents do not want a neighborhood school in their back yard but are willing to put one in our's. 

PROVOSTY SAYS ROTHENBERG IS SITTING EMPTY. BUILT OF SOLID STONE IN 1913, HE CALLS IT AN HISTORIC TREASURE THAT SHOULD BE RENOVATED.

(Ty Provosty) "The amazing frieze with hand-carved gargoyles." (Laure) Wow."

HE SAYS ROTHENBERG CAN HOLD 650 STUDENTS AND HAS ROOM TO ADD PARKING AND GREEN SPACE. IT'S IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD, CLOSE TO MULBERRY HILL, ACROSS THE STREET FROM A CITY-OWNED BASKETBALL COURT AND PLAYGROUND. THERE'S EVEN A VIEW.

(Ty Provosty) "It's a nice view of downtown."

VS

"approximately 1,000 kids in SCPA's student directory" or so says City Beat, a bit bigger, a bit nicer, and granted-no view, but Ty, why not mention this?

Rothenburg as a school or condos it really is ok with me either way (although I do prefer condos) but why was only half the story told.  Is the Foundation and other community groups like Pendelton doing what is best for OTR as a whole or what is best for Pendelton?  And if this deal with 3CDC dies, what happens to the West side of OTR?  Is there another group that has redevelopment plans? or are they just hung out to dry?  The Foundation also wanted to fight Citirama at the top of Hughes St, now that plan is dead, any other takers? NO. 

Good development is always welcomed - the easy way out is not, and will be fought.

Well that easy piece of new development is dead and we are stuck with nothing.  Is this the fate the 3CDC  issue?

My point is, is all of this fighting for the good of OTR or just a few on Broadway?