Guest kendall

Cincinnati: Eastern Corridor

It looks like the entire western segment, from the top of the hill by I-275, to I-71, will be refocused on small, impactful improvements. A lot is needed down that way, so I'm interested in seeing where this project evolves.

It looks like the entire western segment, from the top of the hill by I-275, to I-71, will be refocused on small, impactful improvements. A lot is needed down that way, so I'm interested in seeing where this project evolves.

To me the western half of this project was always about getting another crossing over the Little Miami. Without that, and major improvements to 32, there is no project.

On 9/3/2015 at 4:06 PM, taestell said:

Meanwhile, work continues on the I-275/OH-32 interchange. The so-called Eastgate Tunnel just opened:

ec822bbf-dc03-44c0-a640-5cde7550a459.jpg

Less than four years after ODOT reconfigured the entire I-275/OH-32 interchange, they have reconfigured it again.

As expected, since this is a road project, it gets zero scrutiny from the local media or anti-tax groups.

40 $1+ million homes going up along the Oasis freight railroad...getting commuter rail, passenger rail, or a bike trail built here just got that much harder:

https://www.sibcycline.com/Listing/CIN/1639788/35-Walworth-Ave-East-End-OH-45226

Just think how much the hordes of million dollar home owners will fight any modification to this railroad.  If the barge terminal ever shuts down, they'll fight endlessly to have the rail corridor turned over to public land with no bike trail.  

I'll be interested what happens to the west of this along Hoff Ave. Hoff is a funky little street. Will these new homes be accessible via Hoff?

The "National I-73/I-74/I-75 Corridor Association" is apparently at it again, pushing their vision for more interstates criss-crossing our state:

FYI, here is what they want to do to Ohio. It seems they have backed off of their I-74 proposal for now and are focusing on I-73:

i73_map_2011_main_with_construction_ohio.png

13 minutes ago, GCrites80s said:

The Portsmouth Bypass is nowhere near Interstate grade. That would have been another $400 million.

Looks pretty damn close to me.  Maybe 1-2 of these climbs are a little too steep, but not by much.  

Median is too narrow. so are the breakdown lanes. Lucasville/Minford exit would probably need work; it looks like something from the AA Highway or Industrial Parkway in KY. Widening would mean redoing cuts.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:36 PM, taestell said:

The "National I-73/I-74/I-75 Corridor Association" is apparently at it again, pushing their vision for more interstates criss-crossing our state:

I didn't realize they were back in business. It seemed like they vanished around 2000, in between rounds of term papers I did on I-73 for OSU Geography.