Map Boy

Cleveland: Ohio City: Development and Construction

8 minutes ago, jam40jeff said:

The owner seems to be Greg Bodnar.  There is only one Greg Bodnar registered to vote in Ohio and he's a registered Republican, so who knows?  I find it hard to believe he'd be dumb enough business-wise to do this, even if he is a Trump supporter himself.  FWIW, he was pretty outspoken about not wanting Market Ave. closed last summer, so he doesn't seem to mince words.  So I guess it's possible???

They might've been hacked. Idk why else they'd post a pic with a roach on it

3 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

They might've been hacked. Idk why else they'd post a pic with a roach on it

True.  I'm guessing that maybe they were targeted because the owner is conservative, but I highly doubt he'd post that.  Maybe the 8 people who liked the roach picture would give a clue.

Edited by jam40jeff

I'm going to guess that the cockroach coffee mug tells the story on that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJP said:

Can't find any public records showing anything happening on this property. Perhaps @tykaps might have more luck.

Nope. Can't find any info on it anywhere.

Looks like Koffie Cafe got their Instagram account back under control.

image.png.790853ebc27ec0ea850b5d96ed2d116e.png

Edited by jam40jeff
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, YABO713 said:

Anyone know what’s going into this newly painted black building just West of Platform on the south side of Lorain?? There’s been workers there non-stop for about a week

ECC771EE-B02E-402A-B367-A3CB54F6F49D.jpeg

I just saw on Platform Brewery's social media that they are expanding and creating some sort of shipping container beer garden here

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, jam40jeff said:

The former used car lot's address is 4157 Lorain Ave.  I would guess it's a different project.

For what it's worth, the last recorded transfer occurred almost 3 years ago in 2017 when the current owner became widowed.

Sounds like the former car lot moved to 7807 Union Ave, Cleveland, OH 44105 between 2014 and 2015.

A long time to without a lease and pretty good conditions to make selling attractive as the Condos have gone in behind it and development has heated up.

Edit: @TDi made their first post while I was digging...Welcome to the Forum!

Edited by infrafreak

27 minutes ago, TDi said:

I just saw on Platform Brewery's social media that they are expanding and creating some sort of shipping container beer garden here

Great find!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The former Cleveland Vibrator lot (owned by Snavely) is no longer being used for Snavely’s construction parking. 

The entire lot has been cleared and leveled and now has several stakes/markings in the ground across the entire space. Any ideas what might be happening here?

Surface lot? (Jk, kind of 😰

I know the investors were flexible on their development plans but I don’t remember seeing anything definitive.

C13B1D4A-9EF8-4F02-9491-A186F734E6E2.jpeg

Edited by BJBaes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Clefan98 said:

^ More apartments

Source or just a hunch?

@KJP’s original article quoted Joe Kubic (Adcom CEO and site investor) as saying:

Myself and other investors, including the Snavely Group, are in the process of buying the Cleveland Vibrator site. We haven't determined what we are going to do with it yet, but we hope to soon. It's a great site, in a great community and we are excited to continue to explore our options there.

I hadn’t seen any mockups or confirmed plans but it’s definitely possible that I missed it amidst the many Hingetown developments. 

Edited by BJBaes
  • Like 2

The Vibrator company parking lot is being taken over by Saucy Brew Works.  They are putting in a large beer garden with volleyball courts, etc

• Like 6

My understanding is it is temporary (just for this year).  Snavely is planning to demo the vibrator company buildings at the end of the year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Pigmeat said:

The Vibrator company parking lot is being taken over by Saucy Brew Works.  They are putting in a large beer garden with volleyball courts, etc

Would be even better if they could get city approval to close off that section of Church (between 28th and 29th) to traffic.

That would make for a fantastic Hingetown entertainment epicenter. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Pigmeat said:

Good find.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Boo! I loved the rooftop patio idea! 

• Like 1

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz