Jump to content
Guest Mov2Ohio

Cleveland: Hotels, Conventions, and Tourism News & Info

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, MuRrAy HiLL said:

Based on this twitter account, you cannot say, "There is no place to party in Cleveland".  I love that they are going out and partying hard and dropping $$$ throught downtown....and I would also guess, they aren't done!  I bet a few people will end up in hotel rooms, tomorrow and realized that they have missed the game because they took a hookup back to their room and ended up roofied!  LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 10:30 AM, MuRrAy HiLL said:

I’m hearing Southern Tier Brewery, Winking Lizard, City Tap, and the Clevelander we’re all at 100% capacity last night... Prospect Ave takeover by Buffalo, NY...

 

https://mobile.twitter.com/KristenDettbarn/status/1193333790422241282

Bills fans travel well especially when it's a 3 hour ride down I90.    There was also a Bills tailgate somewhere down in the flats Sunday morning.   

We'll take their money--and the win!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 11:22 AM, MyTwoSense said:

bar rescue john taffer GIF by Spike

 

Honestly, the hype was a little overblown. The Bills traveled well but I've seen MUCHHHHHHH worse in FES in the last five years. I'd say 10-15% of the stadium was Bills - I suspect there will be more Steelers here on Thursday

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YABO713 said:

 

Honestly, the hype was a little overblown. The Bills traveled well but I've seen MUCHHHHHHH worse in FES in the last five years. I'd say 10-15% of the stadium was Bills - I suspect there will be more Steelers here on Thursday

 

Agreed---I would put it no more than 20% yesterday.  The thing about Bills fans though, even if the records were reversed they would have showed up in similar numbers for a 3-6 Bills team.     

 

Thursday there will be a size-able contingent.   Those Stiller fans are much closer, and their trailer rent money isn't due until December 1!  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

 

Honestly, the hype was a little overblown. The Bills traveled well but I've seen MUCHHHHHHH worse in FES in the last five years. I'd say 10-15% of the stadium was Bills - I suspect there will be more Steelers here on Thursday

 

They filled 2-4 bars, one of which (Southern Tier) has Buffalo roots.    If GLBC had a bar in Buffalo and the Browns played there, it would be brown and orange the night before the game.

 

Someone tweeted a picture and the Bills fans, who have almost as strong a Twitter presence as the Browns, spread it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

 

Agreed---I would put it no more than 20% yesterday.  The thing about Bills fans though, even if the records were reversed they would have showed up in similar numbers for a 3-6 Bills team.     

 

Thursday there will be a size-able contingent.   Those Stiller fans are much closer, and their trailer rent money isn't due until December 1!  

 

Plus they don't have to save as much for Christmas because their family and significant others are the same people.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, E Rocc said:

 

They filled 2-4 bars, one of which (Southern Tier) has Buffalo roots.    If GLBC had a bar in Buffalo and the Browns played there, it would be brown and orange the night before the game.

 

Someone tweeted a picture and the Bills fans, who have almost as strong a Twitter presence as the Browns, spread it.

 

I thought it was going to be bad, as two airbnb's in my neighborhood were filled with Bears fans. I think, in reality, it turned out to be a lot more people just coming to Cleveland to go out and get hammered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, YABO713 said:

 

I thought it was going to be bad, as two airbnb's in my neighborhood were filled with Bears fans. I think, in reality, it turned out to be a lot more people just coming to Cleveland to go out and get hammered.

 

Bills?  Or a game another year?

 

Edited by E Rocc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E Rocc said:

 

Plus they don't have to save as much for Christmas because their family and significant others are the same people.

 

I'll tell you, having worked in the Downtown bar industry for over a decade, that Steeler's fans were the worst to deal with as a group.  Bill's fans were always roudy, but in a fun (ish) kind of way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, X said:

 

I'll tell you, having worked in the Downtown bar industry for over a decade, that Steeler's fans were the worst to deal with as a group.  Bill's fans were always roudy, but in a fun (ish) kind of way.

 

Bills fans respect the city and the fan base, they even hosted Browns fans days during the hiatus.

 

Stoolers fans don't, even (especially) the ones that live around here.

 

Watch the Browns page, I have a meme I have to find you may appreciate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, YABO713 said:

 I think, in reality, it turned out to be a lot more people just coming to Cleveland to go out and get hammered.

Most of the times why I come up.😀

Edited by Mildtraumatic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross-posted in the Cleveland Gateway District developments/news thread...

 

Hilton+Garden+Inn-ProgField_2019.jpg

 

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2019

Downtown Cleveland hotel sells to NY-based REIT

 

Downtown Cleveland's Hilton Garden Inn, 1100 Carnegie Ave., sold on Dec. 9 to a New York City-based real estate investment trust that specializes in owning Marriott- and Hilton-branded hotels.

The 11-story, 240-room hotel, its adjoining Gateway Conference Center and the 2.85 acres on which the complex sets was sold for $28.16 million to MCR Cleveland LLC, according to Cuyahoga County records.

 

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2019/12/downtown-cleveland-hotel-sells-to-ny.html

 

 

Edited by KJP

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...