Guest KJP

Cleveland: Opportunity Corridor Boulevard

• Like 1

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

Eyeroll...because the only way we can imagine creating creating greenfield development opportunities is to build a road for more cars that neighborhood residents can't afford....

$150 million Opportunity Corridor Project brings investment to long-forgotten part of Cleveland

https://www.news5cleveland.com/a-better-land/150-million-opportunity-corridor-project-brings-investment-to-long-forgotten-part-of-cleveland

• Like 1

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."-Voltaire

On 11/27/2018 at 9:30 AM, freefourur said:

^ Are they really just going to call it Opportunity Corridor? I hope that is temporary. 

Cleveland seems obsessed with naming roads, buildings, parks, etc. after local politicians.  Let's hope they don't do it again with this road.  Can't we instead try to honor war heroes, industrialists, philanthropists and the like?

Edited by skiwest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, skiwest said:

Cleveland seems obsessed with naming roads, buildings, parks, etc. after local politicians.  Let's hope they don't do it again with this road.  Can't we instead try to honor war heroes, industrialists, philanthropists and the like?

I proposed Garrett Morgan Parkway when it was still a concept.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freefourur said:

And this is one topic on which I've consistently agreed with you.

One.   🙂   Which shows how perfect of a choice it is LOL

I wouldn't be surprised to see it named after Harrison Dillard now.   IMO that would be completely apropos.   Certainly better than the Councilman T. J. Pocketstuffer Memorial Parkway or some such thing.

Naming after Morgan might cause a couple of inquisitive kids to wonder who he was, though, finding a new role model who wasn't a politician, entertainer, athlete, or activist.