Sign in to follow this  
Guest montecarloss

Urban Ohio "Picture Of The Day"

The object of this topic is to highlight the different photographers of Urban Ohio.  Feel free to post a daily photo to show off your artistic side or anything you would like post for that matter.  (Skyline & City Shots are welcome)  It does not matter when or where the photo was taken, as long as you only post ONE IMAGE PER DAY. You can add a picture everyday as long as it is different.  The photo must have been taken by yourself and please no "nude" shots - keep it work safe.

Feel free to post your EXIF data, so other photographers can learn if you have it else a small caption is fine. Here is an example of a format that is welcomed below:

Camera: Nikon D200

ISO: 800

Focal Length: 200mm

Shutter: 1/1000

Aperture: f5.6

Lens: Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX

Alright, I'll bite.

195836390_f383712d00.jpg

Here are my crappy camera notes

Camera:  Sony Cybershot

Exposure: 2 sec (2)

Aperture: f/2.8

Focal Length: 8 mm

ISO Speed: 100

Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV

Maximum Lens Aperture:  3/1

A train with no place to go.

Somehow seemed humorous to see a land-locked caboose.

Shot this near London, Ohio... August 5th, 2006.

Fuji- Fine-Pix Camera.

Nothing fancy... just point and shoot.

Elusive

deer.jpg

Photo info:

Taken through a window, in bad lighting, from only 10 feet away, while the deer was running. Did not know whether I got him or not until I viewed the photo.

That's a lot of Technical info.  What exactly is ISO.  I was taking photos a couple of months ago and I pushed a button accidently and the ISO kept changing.  I didn't notice any difference in my pictures. 

Anyway, here is my photo.  I was quite pleased when Reviewer said he found this to be stunning.  Made my day  :-D

IMG_2615.jpg

So, some info about the picture/camera

Canon PowerShot SD450 Digital ELPH

Canon Zoom Lens 3x

5.8-17.44mm

1:2.8-4.9

5.0 Mega Pixels

Basically just reading the front of my camera

Any feedbackon how to figure stuff out about my camera and what things mean would be great. 

Thanks

What exactly is ISO.  I was taking photos a couple of months ago and I pushed a button accidently and the ISO kept changing.  I didn't notice any difference in my pictures.

ISO hails back to the era of film. It refers to an emulsion's sensitivity to light. The higher the ISO, the less light that is needed. An ISO 200 film needs twice the light of an ISO 400 film. And ISO 100 film needs four times the light of an ISO 400 film, etc., etc. ISO also is related to a film's level of grain. An ISO 100 film like Fuji Reala has small, hardly noticeable grain while an ISO 400 film like Kodak Max has much larger, more offensive grain. So why does anyone even bother shooting high ISO? Basically, high ISO's allow more handheld work under poor lighting conditions (you can can use faster shutter speeds). Low ISO films look cleaner, but they're only hand-holdable in good lighting since they require slower shutter speeds. An ISO 400 film will require a shutter speed of 1/125 where an ISO 100 film will require 1/30 under the same lighting conditions. High ISO = fast film. Low ISO = slow film.

In digital, high ISO (ISO 400, 800, etc.) leads to more "electronic/digital noise," which is basically the same thing as grain (though I generally find it uglier than film grain), while low ISO (ISO 100) should have no grain at all, unless you're using a cheap camera.

If you enlarge your digital pictures, you should notice a difference between an ISO 100 shot and an ISO 400 shot.

Camera Model: Canon EOS Digital Rebel

Color Representation:  sRGB

Shutter Speed:  30 sec.

Lens Aperture: F/40

Flash Mode:  No Flash

Focal Length:  400 mm

F-Number:  F/40

Exposure Time:  30 sec.

ISO Speed:  ISO-100

Metering Mode:  Pattern

Exposure Compensation:  0 step

Date Picture Taken:  11/25/2006 11:46PM

Sorry - gonna cheat with two pics. Both taken with a Minolta Z6 (6MP, 12x Optical Zoom).

Now that deck has a nice view:

uopicoftheday.jpg

Probably my favorite but most inaccessible vantage point of the skyline. From I-490 - it's not exactly safe to pull over on the berm, so I apologize for the blur, the barrier, the fence...

uopicoftheday2.jpg

Ooo - the 490 skyline shot!  That was one of the first skyline views I ever really dug!  When I'd take 71 S out of town, I'd normally take 77 to 490 to 71, just to spend a little time with that view!  I'd forgotten about it until now - thank you so much for posting it!

Are you really that much of a geek that you'd drive out of your way, just to see a particular view of the skyline?  :roll:

J/K  :wink:

^Especially Cleveland's!  Oy vey...

Why not. I've done so for Columbus's skyline.

And that's a shame.

Are you really that much of a geek that you'd drive out of your way, just to see a particular view of the skyline?  :roll:

J/K  :wink:

Oh well, there are worse things than being called a geek. And I would drive slightly out of my way to see any skyline.

Rather large contrast with the photo before it!

I didn't see any difference....

We didn't get even get a trace of accumulation here in NEO. Hard to get into the Christmas spirit without some snow. Might as well as be on Lake Emerald, Fla.

^Especially Cleveland's!  Oy vey...

Why not. I've done so for Columbus's skyline.

And that's a shame.

<shrugs shoulders> You should of thought of it 5 years ago as well.

670skyl.jpg

Hard to get into the Christmas spirit without some snow. Might as well as be on Lake Emerald, Fla.

What? Snow on Lake Emerald?  :?

Nope, these are some of the hundreds of migratory birds that call the lake home during the winter. Hopefully I will see a “true” White Christmas when I arrive in Cleveland for the holidays.

Funny, I never see anyone sit with there feet in the fountain like that.

Good in-between shot, meaning Fountain Square had been re-designed, but the Westin wasn't built.  What year was the Albee torn down anyway?  Also, the sculptures are totally oxidized, in contrast with today.

OMG I want to cry.  Quimbob, don't hold back on us, I want a whole thread of those photos.  I have never seen any photos with the fountain in that location with that Albee Theatre still standing.

Definitely, Quimbob - please, please, please, a thread of these shots?  Even if they're snapshots of people, just the details in the background would be so cool to see!  Pretty please?  I'd happily spring for a [insert beverage of choice] at the next meet in partial recompense for the unlimited coolness the thread would be!

sorry, I was just a kid. I think that was the last shot on the roll.

That's my friend Larry on the left (I think).

We had gone to the zoo earlier. I might have some shots of that.....

Good photo. I like the waves splashing against the breakwater.

Cleveland's lakefront is great in winter, if you can stand the cold wind. I like it when the lake is frozen over and the snow squalls come flying across the ice.

"Cleveland's lakefront is great in winter, if you can stand the cold wind. I like it when the lake is frozen over and the snow squalls come flying across the ice."

Rob, I think you're a great guy, a talented photographer and an all-around cool forumer - but if you really enjoy that, you're a sick puppy! :lol: 

- but if you really enjoy that, you're a sick puppy! :lol: 

Ha! I never claimed not to be!  :-D

I wouldn't want to enjoy the view all day, every day, but I guess I'm pretty visually-oriented, and I remember the scene as stark, bleak and almost monochromatic in tones of light blue. Unfortunately, no camera. I don't know how I would have captured it, anyway.

^Rob, I'm with you on the Great Lakes in winter thing.

It's cool as hell to visit the beaches in winter when the lakes become a frozen (I guess half frozen thanks to global warming) no man's land.