Cleveland: Local Media News & Discussion

StuFoote

In regards to your concern for objectivity, I guess that could be a concern, but I'm apathetic (again, speaking as a Buckeye fan) about it because I suspect that very little media objectivity exists in Tuscaloosa, Tallahassee, Austin, Baton Rouge, College Station, Norman, Knoxville, Athens, etc.

Which probably creates conditions for all kinds of sports-related abuses to occur -- not on the Penn State level which hopefully was a very extreme case. But moreso on the Ohio State tattoos scandal that took a non-Columbus media outlet to break the story.

The tattoos "scandal" was on the other extreme.  It was first reported by anti-OSU media and the flames fanned by people irked with Tressell's holier-than-thou approach.

Following up on my earlier post about the 87.7 format change, over the last 2 weeks there was a movement spearheaded by the DJ's and the fans to try to stop the switch to La Mega. This article in Crain's does a nice job summarizing the attempt.

Not surprisingly, they're still going through with it. Still, it was kind of neat to see this kind of support for a local station. I hope that lays the groundwork for another somewhere down the line (there have been 4 stations that play 'alternative' music since I moved here in '98. 107.9, 92.3, 107.3 and now 87.7).

Owner of 87.7 FM says fans' push to keep alt rock format won't stop change to Hispanic station

A movement is afoot to save the alternative rock format of the FM radio station known as 87.7 Cleveland's Sound, with one online petition to preserve it attracting more than 4,890 signatures in a week. But station ownership says the advertising support for the current format simply isn't there and that they're moving ahead with the announced change.

Many who've signed the petition and posted to the station's Facebook page said they no longer listen to satellite radio because they love 87.7.

“This is the ONLY radio station I listen to 99% of the time,” one woman who signed the petition wrote. “I didn't even renew my satellite radio. Cleveland is supposedly the Heart of Rock N Roll, not the heart of Latin music and we don't even have a SINGLE good music station. Don't sell out.”

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20131217/FREE/131219817/0/FRONTPAGE

Ohio Media Watch has been doing a nice (although somewhat snarky) job following this story too

Save Our Sound? Not Quite

The past few days, what started as a social media campaign to save the “Cleveland’s Sound” alt-rock format at Murray Hill Broadcasting’s WLFM-LP 87.7 made it to the station’s website.

Crain’s Cleveland Business writer Michelle Park Lazette caught the “message from ownership” on the 87.7 website before it disappeared:

“We’ve listened and appreciate the overwhelming passion that has been shown this past week,” it stated.

“The bottom line is the advertiser passion and commitment for 87.7 has not been there, resulting in the partners losing many hundreds of thousands of dollars,” according to the statement. “We invite you to reach out to NE Ohio businesses to support 87.7 Cleveland’s Sound as an advertiser or promotional partner. Advertisers are looking for awareness and sales results that we can deliver. FACT is the last thing the partners want to do is change directions. We assure you no one is taking their money to ‘South Beach’…we’re just trying to survive and keep Cleveland’s Sound on-air for all of us.”

http://ohiomediawatch.com/2013/12/18/save-our-sound-not-quite/

The company has discontinued its social media accounts, and posted this on its website

Thank you for all the support and love you’ve shown us. It was incredible to see how much we meant to this city.

We hope you’ll help us go out with a bang, help us give back to this great city one last time, and give to those in need during the holiday season. Below is a list of local restaurant and businesses who worked with us and showed their support for us, all of them will be accepting canned goods on our behalf.

Thank you and happy holidays from the 87.7 Cleveland’s Sound family!

http://www.877cleveland.com/2013/12/15/save-our-sound/

I agree. unfortunately, a lot of the stations have all blended into playing the same format. MMS, NCX, The Lake, WONE, all play different variations of the same theme, music from the 70's, 80's and 90's. There are other decades, you know, including some that occurred in the last 10 years.

I agree, the rock stations are not that good. All of our radio stations seem to go on commercial at the same time too which is annoying! haha

Your comment had me wondering. Does anyone else actually view us as the "rock & roll city"? Yes, we have the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (which someone on here said it was only due to $$$) and we had Alan Freed (who is probably not that well known), but what Rock bands came from Cleveland?

Detroit is known for Motown since they were a musical powerhouse back in the day and it had much deeper roots with the city. I think that how you truly become known for something, and that is very hard to replicate.

I'm kind of torn about this.  On the one hand, I really like 87.7 as it is, and it's one of the handful of stations I listen to regularly, but on the other, it really is high time we got a Spanish-language station.  Hopefully we'll see a best of both worlds scenario where the alt rock format is revived on another station!

I'm kind of torn about this.  On the one hand, I really like 87.7 as it is, and it's one of the handful of stations I listen to regularly, but on the other, it really is high time we got a Spanish-language station.  Hopefully we'll see a best of both worlds scenario where the alt rock format is revived on another station!

I wouldn't count on it--terrestrial radio is in its death spiral.  If the format has worked here in the last 20 years, I doubt it will work as the medium dries up. 

87.7 was too trapped in the past. It's unfortunate a rock station that plays new music is such a rarity these days.

At least we still have some decent college radio.

I agree, the rock stations are not that good. All of our radio stations seem to go on commercial at the same time too which is annoying! haha

Your comment had me wondering. Does anyone else actually view us as the "rock & roll city"? Yes, we have the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (which someone on here said it was only due to $$$) and we had Alan Freed (who is probably not that well known), but what Rock bands came from Cleveland?

Detroit is known for Motown since they were a musical powerhouse back in the day and it had much deeper roots with the city. I think that how you truly become known for something, and that is very hard to replicate.

I really think you need to revisit Cleveland history. Nothing's being replicated here. It IS who we are. People that don't know that simply are not knowledgable about our history. Yes money had a lot to do with the RRHOF being here, but we had a legitimate historical claim to it. Not only with Allen Freed and the Moondog Coronation Ball but also the Agora Theater, Upbeat, Mike Douglas, the original WMMS which was responsible for a LOT of national acts becoming famous. (Don't believe me? Just ask them). I've talked to people who said that Cleveland was the breeding group for the national record labels. If you could not make it in Cleveland, you wouldn't even get to New York City. Many of the labels had satellite offices here. In fact, MCA in particular had an office here as late as the mid 1990s. So, yes Cleveland is the Rock and Roll City and yes it does have deep roots in the city. Just because some outside of the city may not know it doesn't mean its not true. It means that they need to pick up a book and read about who we are and what we've done if they're interested. And if you say that the city hasn't promoted our history well, then I'd agree with that. But again, just because they haven't promote it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The information about it is readily available

This one paragraph says it all. Our bonafides are legit

Freed left behind a city of rock 'n' roll fans. Their acceptance and enthusiasm for new bands, musical trends, and recordings made Cleveland a hot music market. Radio stations like WERE-AM, KYC (AM) "see WKYC (Channel 3)," WHK-Am, and WIXY-AM in the 1950s and 1960s established a national "break-out" market by playing new records and artists first. WERE's jocks, Tommy Edwards, Bill Randle, PHIL MCLEAN†, and Carl Reese, chose to play unknown rockers like Elvis Presley, the Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, and a local group, the Ponytails. KYC (AM) "see WKYC (Channel 3)," the city's first formatted rock station, was followed by hit stations WHK (Color Radio) and WIXY. Progressive rock stations WNCR and WMMS established a strong FM market.

http://ech.case.edu/cgi/article.pl?id=RR

I really think you need to revisit Cleveland history. Nothing's being replicated here. It IS who we are. People that don't know that simply are not knowledgable about our history. Yes money had a lot to do with the RRHOF being here, but we had a legitimate historical claim to it. Not only with Allen Freed and the Moondog Coronation Ball but also the Agora Theater, Upbeat, Mike Douglas, the original WMMS which was responsible for a LOT of national acts becoming famous. (Don't believe me? Just ask them). I've talked to people who said that Cleveland was the breeding group for the national record labels. If you could not make it in Cleveland, you wouldn't even get to New York City. Many of the labels had satellite offices here. In fact, MCA in particular had an office here as late as the mid 1990s. So, yes Cleveland is the Rock and Roll City and yes it does have deep roots in the city. Just because some outside of the city may not know it doesn't mean its not true. It means that they need to pick up a book and read about who we are and what we've done if they're interested. And if you say that the city hasn't promoted our history well, then I'd agree with that. But again, just because they haven't promote it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The information about it is readily available

Thanks, great post!

Yeah I dont know too much about the history, just basing it off of things ive read on UrbanOhio. It still amazes me how many acts pass us up on tours though. Everything i've seen here seemed to do very well. I wonder why they skip Cleveland.

There was a so-so movie about this era in rock history, and yes the story was set and filmed in Cleveland....

Telling Lies in America

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120303/

Kevin Bacon plays a DJ loosely based on real DJ Alan Freed. The kid (the late Brad Renfro) who admires him is a Hungarian immigrant. Very Cleveland! And the script was by famous Hollywood screenwriter Joe Eszterhas, a Cleveland native who I believe is of Hungarian descent. When the movie came out he said it's about the Cleveland he grew up in. So if you want to see what it was like to grow up in Cleveland back then, especially with the music scene, the movie is definitely worth watching.

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

Thanks, great post!

Yeah I dont know too much about the history, just basing it off of things ive read on UrbanOhio. It still amazes me how many acts pass us up on tours though. Everything i've seen here seemed to do very well. I wonder why they skip Cleveland.

Most major acts still choose to play Cleveland.  When they don't it's usually the allmighty dollar--the economy here has certainly hurt ticket sales.  Then there's the expensive rent, expensive stagehands, and the admissions tax--all of which are higher than similar sized markets.

^ Yeah I havent noticed any major acts skip us (those that would use the Q), but several smaller acts only come as near as Pittsburgh and Chicago. Columbus too sometimes.

Actually I think Akron does pretty decent at drawing the smaller acts, probably due to Kent State and the University of Akron being right there.

Ive never heard about your final statement before. Why does Cleveland have higher rent and stagehands, and how much higher is admissions tax?

^This^

I remember seeing a quibble about "Almost Famous", where Cleveland and a Statler Hotel analog were credited as being the party center of all the rock and roll tours.  Someone said Bowie wasn't as big of a star as he was portrayed that early on in the US, someone else replied, correctly, that in Cleveland he was. 

Also, we all know about the power the Belkins and Buzzards had to make sure pretty much every major act played Cleveland. Not as well known is the reason:  they could tell record companies that if the superstars did not play here, the bands they were trying to break would not get airplay or booked for shows.  In the pre-internet days, these were the only ways to break out.  Cleveland, of course, was known as the breakout market because it reflected national tastes, at least in rock (more on that later).  Ironically, this worked against Cleveland area bands, because one other thing that was known about Clevelanders is that we were loyal to our own.  The major labels couldn't tell if they had what it takes until they moved.  This is why a band like the Cars with both of the main "stars" being from suburban Cleveland was known as a Boston band.

One other thing:  we were the caretakers.  In today's fractured musical scene, it's hard to fathom the utter antipathy rock and roll people had towards "disco".  Cleveland was the one major market where rock and roll reigned supreme and disco was marginalized.  Huey Lewis even nodded towards this in "Heart of Rock and Roll".

:end channelling back to my high school Popular Culture class lol:.

A lot of locals who grew up here in the 80s (my wife included) like to point to "Heart of Rock 'N Roll" like it has some deep seated meaning. I'm not disputing anything that was said here, Cleveland has a long history of being a rock and/or roll city. However, I'm pretty sure Huey and the boys used Cleveland because it was one of the few cities that kind of rhymed with "beatin' "

A lot of locals who grew up here in the 80s (my wife included) like to point to "Heart of Rock 'N Roll" like it has some deep seated meaning. I'm not disputing anything that was said here, Cleveland has a long history of being a rock and/or roll city. However, I'm pretty sure Huey and the boys used Cleveland because it was one of the few cities that kind of rhymed with "beatin' "

I've heard it had at least as much to do with Cleveland's continuing affinity for rock and roll, and also WMMS's ability to break songs. 

Cleveland native Eric Carmen (Raspberries, successful solo career) also helped with the effort, especially when he recorded the song "The rock stops here" with proceeds from record sales going to support the rock hall. The song isn't on YouTube, but I still have the 45 RPM record.

But the big thing was the USA Today call-in poll. Rock hall execs were just going to put the museum in New York City and be done with it. But someone said "Let's doing a nationwide search with input from fans." So they worked with USA Today and did the call-in poll. Cleveland radio stations jumped on it and got people to call in to USA Today. Two of our biggest competitors were Memphis and Philadelphia. For some reason, Detroit didn't jump on it (although Detroit was in crack/murder meltdown in the 80s). The end result is that Cleveland blew away the other cities and won the poll. So the Rock Hall execs gave us the museum if we could raise enough money for by a certain date (I think it was in 1990 or so).

FYI, I may move this discussion over to the Rock Hall thread.

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

Cleveland native Eric Carmen (Raspberries, successful solo career) also helped with the effort, especially when he recorded the song "The rock stops here" with proceeds from record sales going to support the rock hall. The song isn't on YouTube, but I still have the 45 RPM record.

But the big thing was the USA Today call-in poll. Rock hall execs were just going to put the museum in New York City and be done with it. But someone said "Let's doing a nationwide search with input from fans." So they worked with USA Today and did the call-in poll. Cleveland radio stations jumped on it and got people to call in to USA Today. Two of our biggest competitors were Memphis and Philadelphia. For some reason, Detroit didn't jump on it (although Detroit was in crack/murder meltdown in the 80s). The end result is that Cleveland blew away the other cities and won the poll. So the Rock Hall execs gave us the museum if we could raise enough money for by a certain date (I think it was in 1990 or so).

FYI, I may move this discussion over to the Rock Hall thread.

The "someone" was supposedly Ahmet Ertegun.  With input from Jann Wenner. 

I always heard that the original lyrics had "Cleveland" where he said "beatin'" in the final version (The Heart of Rock and Roll is in Cleveland, and from what I see I'm believin').  He wrote the song after playing a show for an enthusiastic crowd here.  The label demanded the change, reason being that a song about Cleveland being a bastion of rock music wasn't as marketable nationwide as a song about rock still being alive- somewhere.  They gave him the little shout outs at the end "Cleveland! ..... Detroit!"

I always heard that the original lyrics had "Cleveland" where he said "beatin'" in the final version (The Heart of Rock and Roll is in Cleveland, and from what I see I'm believin').  He wrote the song after playing a show for an enthusiastic crowd here.  The label demanded the change, reason being that a song about Cleveland being a bastion of rock music wasn't as marketable nationwide as a song about rock still being alive- somewhere.  They gave him the little shout outs at the end "Cleveland! ..... Detroit!"

Plus, there already was such a song.

A lot of people think Ian Hunter adapted "Cleveland Rocks" from "England Rocks", but it was originally the other way around.

I remember seeing a quibble about "Almost Famous", where Cleveland and a Statler Hotel analog were credited as being the party center of all the rock and roll tours. 

I think you are referring to Penny Lane's (Kate Hudson's) reference to Swingos on 18th/Euclid.... which is now a Comfort Inn

I believe the original song was "The Heart of Rock 'n Roll is in Cleveland." Then was changed to be more inclusive and more marketable.

edit - X beatin' me to this ha ha.

I remember seeing a quibble about "Almost Famous", where Cleveland and a Statler Hotel analog were credited as being the party center of all the rock and roll tours. 

I think you are referring to Penny Lane's (Kate Hudson's) reference to Swingos on 18th/Euclid.... which is now a Comfort Inn

Yep, and the scenes that were set there.

If you guys are really interested in Cleveland rock history, I highly recommend the book The Buzzard:Inside the Glory Days of WMMS and Cleveland Rock Radio.  It is written by John Gorman who used to be the GM of the station.  It is the single most informative record of Cleveland music history you will ever read.  And it is a great, funny and interesting read.  It's on Amazon for a few bucks: http://www.amazon.com/Buzzard-Inside-Cleveland-Radio---Memoir/dp/1598510517/ref=sr_1_1/178-7624715-4400414?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387671945&sr=1-1&keywords=wmms+the+buzzard

San Diego radio is pretty bad, unless you still want to hear Sublime and Red Hot Chili Peppers all day. There are two alternative stations and they play the identical "alternative-gold-music-from-the-last-century" format and sometimes they even play the same song at the same time....very sad.

Here are two stations I really like.

KEXP in Seattle

KEXP enriches people's lives by championing music and discovery.

KEXP is more than a radio station. KEXP is a dynamic arts organization that provides rich music experiences on the air, online, and on the streets. KEXP’s unique services benefit three distinct groups: Music Lovers, Artists, and the Arts Community.

KEXP’s curatorial staff of 40 DJs, who are widely recognized as experts in their field, present the newest emerging popular artists alongside established bands. KEXP’s programming features both variety and specialty shows that brings you the emerging sounds and long-time favorites from the Pacific Northwest, the country, and throughout the world.

Artists championed by KEXP are not typically supported by traditional non-profit arts organizations or commercial media outlets. They are inventive, contemporary musicians creating new work in popular genres that include rock, hip hop, reggae, country, Latin, modern global and more.

http://kexp.org/

KCRW in Los Angeles

KCRW is a recognized tastemaker for new music from around the world, with trendsetting hosts such as Music Director Jason Bentley, who features live in-studio sessions and interviews with established and emerging artists on Morning Becomes Eclectic; indie and alternative rock with music supervisor Gary Calamar; nu-soul and funk with Garth Trinidad; Raul Campos features dance rhythms and Latin beats; Chris Douridas spotlights the latest singer-songwriters and music in all genres; and more.

http://www.kcrw.com/

^ Yeah I havent noticed any major acts skip us (those that would use the Q), but several smaller acts only come as near as Pittsburgh and Chicago. Columbus too sometimes.

Actually I think Akron does pretty decent at drawing the smaller acts, probably due to Kent State and the University of Akron being right there.

Ive never heard about your final statement before. Why does Cleveland have higher rent and stagehands, and how much higher is admissions tax?

If you compare Cleveland to Columbus, for instance, there are two competing arenas there driving rent down.  The Schott and Nationwide are comparable, while the Q and the Wolstein are apples to oranges.

And admissions tax?  Columbus doesn't tax tickets.

Also--Cleveland and Cincinnati tax artist income. 2% I believe. 

If you guys are really interested in Cleveland rock history, I highly recommend the book The Buzzard:Inside the Glory Days of WMMS and Cleveland Rock Radio.  It is written by John Gorman who used to be the GM of the station.  It is the single most informative record of Cleveland music history you will ever read.  And it is a great, funny and interesting read.  It's on Amazon for a few bucks: http://www.amazon.com/Buzzard-Inside-Cleveland-Radio---Memoir/dp/1598510517/ref=sr_1_1/178-7624715-4400414?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387671945&sr=1-1&keywords=wmms+the+buzzard

Ditteaux.  Tremendous book.

I really like KEXP too. I download several of their podcasts and they put good stuff on YouTube.

Exactly, they are serving in the role that Cleveland used to, by helping artists to break out.

I really wish Cleveland could have a station like that.

For all of their bad reporting habits, I feel Scene has brought more local news to the forefront - particularly since the PD staff reduction.

Cleveland Scene Sold!

Your friendly local altweekly was put up for sale by Times-Shamrock, our previous owner, back in August, along with other papers in its portfolio. Since then, it's been business as usual around these parts except for that pesky "For Sale" sign sitting in our front yard.

Today, that sign was taken down.

Euclid Media Group, a newly formed company led by Scene publisher Chris Keating, San Antonio Current publisher Michael Wagner, and Clevelander Andrew Zelman, completed the purchase of Scene.

It's all good news: Your paper is now locally owned, we're not going anywhere, and the ownership group is committed to building on Scene's strong tradition in Cleveland that dates back to 1970.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2013/12/23/cleveland-scene-sold-were-not-going-anywhere

For all of their bad reporting habits, I feel Scene has brought more local news to the forefront - particularly since the PD staff reduction.

Cleveland Scene Sold!

Your friendly local altweekly was put up for sale by Times-Shamrock, our previous owner, back in August, along with other papers in its portfolio. Since then, it's been business as usual around these parts except for that pesky "For Sale" sign sitting in our front yard.

Today, that sign was taken down.

Euclid Media Group, a newly formed company led by Scene publisher Chris Keating, San Antonio Current publisher Michael Wagner, and Clevelander Andrew Zelman, completed the purchase of Scene.

It's all good news: Your paper is now locally owned, we're not going anywhere, and the ownership group is committed to building on Scene's strong tradition in Cleveland that dates back to 1970.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2013/12/23/cleveland-scene-sold-were-not-going-anywhere

Ironically, they replaced the Free Times by largely becoming the Free Times.

They used to be the bible of Cleveland nightlife (as well as publishing some of the most outlandish and  hilarious personal ads in print history), but the latter got cracked down upon and the former supplanted by the 'net.

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard rumblings about this in the past but apparently it's more than just rumor now:

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2014/01/lawsuit_against_woio_channel_1.html

Lawsuit against WOIO Channel 19 alleges sexually hostile work environment in advertising department

"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A lawsuit filed last week against WOIO-Channel 19 and its parent company accuses the local station of creating a sexually hostile work environment and retaliating against an advertisement sales employee who complained about it to station managers.

The complaint, filed by Kevin Flanigan II, of Avon, also alleges the station encouraged the use of sexual favors and sexually explicit tactics to entice advertising clients and that drug use and alcohol use at advertising-related events was common."

I have heard rumblings about this in the past but apparently it's more than just rumor now:

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2014/01/lawsuit_against_woio_channel_1.html

Lawsuit against WOIO Channel 19 alleges sexually hostile work environment in advertising department

"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A lawsuit filed last week against WOIO-Channel 19 and its parent company accuses the local station of creating a sexually hostile work environment and retaliating against an advertisement sales employee who complained about it to station managers.

The complaint, filed by Kevin Flanigan II, of Avon, also alleges the station encouraged the use of sexual favors and sexually explicit tactics to entice advertising clients and that drug use and alcohol use at advertising-related events was common."

He's suing because people were drinking at advertising events????

I would have thought not doing so would be "grounds"....

Cleveland SWAT surrounds home after 5-year-old girl is shot, killed on West Side

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- SWAT officers surrounded a home on the 3500 block of Riverside Avenue Friday morning after a 5-year-old girl was shot and killed overnight on the city's West Side, police said.

About 7:22 a.m., police said the suspect was not at the home, and the suspect remains at large.

The girl and her mother, a 33-year-old woman who is being treated at MetroHealth Medical Center, both were shot in the head Sunday about 11 p.m. on the 12800 block Crossburn Avenue, according to officials.

The mother and child were sitting in a vehicle on Crossburn Avenue when an unknown suspect pulled up in a green SUV, got out of the car and opened fire, police said.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/01/cleveland_swat_surrounds_home.html

It happened Friday morning and the PD is just reporting on it now? WTF??

Cleveland SWAT surrounds home after 5-year-old girl is shot, killed on West Side

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- SWAT officers surrounded a home on the 3500 block of Riverside Avenue Friday morning after a 5-year-old girl was shot and killed overnight on the city's West Side, police said.

About 7:22 a.m., police said the suspect was not at the home, and the suspect remains at large.

The girl and her mother, a 33-year-old woman who is being treated at MetroHealth Medical Center, both were shot in the head Sunday about 11 p.m. on the 12800 block Crossburn Avenue, according to officials.

The mother and child were sitting in a vehicle on Crossburn Avenue when an unknown suspect pulled up in a green SUV, got out of the car and opened fire, police said.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/01/cleveland_swat_surrounds_home.html

It happened Friday morning and the PD is just reporting on it now? WTF??

Photo caption says Monday morning.  Someone typoed.

I'm surprised the comments are still open.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WEWS is talking about "better neighborhoods", in the suburbs so far.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/better-neighborhoods/blog-of-newschannel5-25-day-25-city-building-better-neighborhoods-tour

They are doing a bang up job with Maple Heights, or as they call it "Maple Height's".  They even included the street I grew up (to the extent that I did at all) on, Corkhill Road.  Or as they call it, "Cork Hill Drive".

And I am sure some of the students at the high school, which is near the police station, would appreciate their reference to the nearby "police state".