buildingcincinnati

Columbus: Short North Developments and News

24poplar.thumb.PNG.ef1c6a3a3ad3266be598e2e12310353f.PNG

It appears from this aerial that they already built the access to the flat rooftop that will have the patio. It'll have a great view of the 670 traffic jams!

• Haha 1

^^I'm not really sure what they are proposing for parking. Seeing a site plan would help.

Edited by Pablo

This is what it sounds like they are proposing.

Can be open air or enclosed. And the structure can have any variation of architectural styles but this would be my guess as to what they are attempting to approve in terms of 'automated vertical parking'.

Screenshot_20200214-105633_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200214-105651_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200214-105809_Chrome.jpg

Edited by DTCL11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 17thState said:

These are awesome. Any sense of what these things cost? They seem like a great solution. 

The garages are much cheaper to build on the front end but do come with slightly higher maintenance costs over a traditional deck.  I believe it factors out to 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of a traditional garage per space.

I have seen some really beautiful ones that they enclose in glass or paneling and play a lot with lighting to make it kind of an art piece. Its also interesting to note that the IVC item requested a height variance of up to 85' for the project so this could be pretty cool and noticeable if designed right. 

car-02.png.28bf57ea243f5a1340ea687cb66d1377.png     car-01.png.e66b2753dd200718211ee60812bfa201.png   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This spot has long intrigued me. Its such a deep building and that little plot between the Cap and this parcel has so much potential. Very underutilized at this point. 

• Like 1

These also seem like the ultimate form of car accommodation. Like, beyond anything I've ever known even to exist to keep cars around. I can't say I'm a fan.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Zyrokai said:

These also seem like the ultimate form of car accommodation. Like, beyond anything I've ever known even to exist to keep cars around. I can't say I'm a fan.

I would tend to agree. The lot and small and has operated with 14 spots for this long, why does it suddenly need more? Not to mention the access issue. With the proximity of the convention center garage, the joseph garage, and even the new pearl garage, any extraordinary efforts to add parking seem out of place. Frankly, I'd rather see it infilled (the lot, not the pocket plaza) with some townhomes or something. But, it's not my building so.... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Some progress pictures I took today of a couple projects under construction in the Short North (first three pictures are different angles of the same building for different perspectives....I forget the name of this development atm):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Phase 2 behind the Grandview Mercantile site

spacer.png

BONUS PICTURES of my favorite 2 buildings in the Short North:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Zyrokai said:

I'm back just to say that the Short North between King and 2nd looks like a war zone. The construction is ca-razy.

It's a gauntlet. Hopefully the mild winter sped up the construction.

Just some construction updates from this weekend since the weather was great.

First up is the project at 3rd & High

The project has capped out and the old Family Dollar continues to deteriorate. 

IMG_5071.thumb.JPG.9dd2eef00f7d21a39968045b19135651.JPG

IMG_5069.thumb.JPG.52baf8f0b12688139cf304540a6d5682.JPG

IMG_5068.thumb.JPG.b04ccb425b7436a28c51e2ba4fa04bf4.JPG

Next up is the residential portion of the Grandview Mercantile at Price & High. 

This project has also capped out and exterior brickwork and paneling has started to be installed. 

IMG_5072.thumb.JPG.dd2314d4393c42c6c6d7f271b2f2b620.JPG

IMG_5073.thumb.JPG.965d01a4d4430add6f34b2c84f47e674.JPG

BONUS PICTURE

I wanted to include this picture to show the structures relation to the area around it seeing as the Kaufman proposal has returned (BTW its on the March VVC docket again). Hmm, kind of feels like a mixed use project would contextually make more sense here than a crumbling surface lot, but then again.. the sunlight!

IMG_5075.thumb.JPG.5c173117fe30143904796358d31f939e.JPG

Enjoy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Columbo said:

Is anyone else not seeing an image here?

I can't see it either. It happens about half the time on this site.