Sign in to follow this  
Guest C-Dawg Njaim

NCAA Football: General News & Discussion

Michigan 47, Notre Dame 21

I honestly have never laughed so hard during a football game. Brady Quinn, (a native of Dublin, Ohio) got utterly humiliated. The play where the ball slipped out of his fingers was priceless. I guess I was right when I said he should be modeling for Abercrombie, not playing football.

two things: nd proves they are over-rated as always and it looks like there's gonna be a showdown at the end of the season with that team up north (also as always).

OK Penn State.  What's YOUR retort! (after last week's beatdown from ND)

Our retort was the 37-3 WHIPPING of Youngstown State!  Boo-yah!  :whip:

But in reality, I was wishing for an earthquake.

:laugh:

One of those rare moments in history I rooted for Michigan (as I hate Notre Dame).

But in reality, I was wishing for an earthquake.

many of my osu friends (see also: 2) were in line with your thought process.

If OSU keeps the #1 ranking and Michigan climbs to #2...which probably won't happen with USC's weak schedule...has there ever been a situation where the #1 team has played two different #2's in the same regular season?

I knew this would happen. I've been posting it online for over a month. Toledo would upset Michigan in Ann Arbor. One of football's greatest dynasties would come crumbling down to a MAC team, and a MAC team team that's at its all-time worst. Keep in mind Toledo recently lost at home to Florida International. I was right, folks, Michigan sucks that bad. :cry:

Toledo beats Michigan 13-10 after late FG miss

By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer

18 minutes ago

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP)—Holy Toledo.

Michigan’s K.C. Lopata missed a 26-yard field goal with 4 seconds left, giving the Rockets a 13-10 win over the once-mighty Wolverines.

Toledo coach Tom Amstutz, who has spent most of his life in the city just south of the Michigan border, gazed at the scoreboard displaying the stunning score as he celebrated on the Big House field.

More at

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap;_ylt=AoxaWxg_Ahdl1XSDhbsrrNgcvrYF?gid=200810110029

Yeah..... I shouldn't of bought season tickets this year.

I remember the grand ole days when the program was solid and I could sell an OSU ticket for $600

They really are this years Notre Dame.  I predict they'll be back next year contending in the Big Ten.  Everyone knew it would take at least a year to install the spread offense... especially without Pryor.

Proud Toledo alum!  Until the last couple years, Toledo was good for one quality upset a year (although not Michgan) and they were in the rankings as much as any MAC team.

Well at least Michigan can still hang their hat on one of the best fight songs in the nation and possibly the best stadium.

Agreed on the song, disagreed on the stadium.  The Big House is a like a big high-school stadium (ala Elder's Pit) and is quite hideous (though I hope the renovation of it makes it look better *cough* HAYWARD *cough*).

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Well at least Michigan can still hang their hat on one of the best fight songs in the nation and possibly the best stadium.

Best fight songs?! A bunch of repeating half note scales is the best fight song?! Let me put it this way, Hail to the Victors was a practice lesson in my 5th grade band practice book. John Philip Sousa liked it just because of the tuba and lower brass parts...

Funny thing . . . the tower at Toledo plays music, one of the most common songs in Michigan's fight song.

Well, it makes sense. It's north of the old state line.

(CNN) -- Urban Meyer

Football or health? The Florida head football coach will not step down but instead will take an indefinite leave of absence, he said Sunday. Sports Illustrated reports that Meyer said being with his players at a "spirited practice" Sunday morning persuaded him not to resign.

On Saturday, he stunned the college football world when he announced he would leave Florida after five seasons because of concerns about his health. He was rushed to a Gainesville hospital December 6 after suffering major chest pains, and he said Sunday that he had experienced chest pains for the past four years.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/12/28/mip.monday/index.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

^ you just said that because the article was foxsports!  :wink:

health? who wants to bet that the real reason is that he got busted by his spouse pulling a tiger woods with the undergrads?  :laugh:

^ you just said that because the article was foxsports!  ;)

health? who wants to bet that the real reason is that he got busted by his spouse pulling a tiger woods Charlie Sheen with the undergrads the wife?  :laugh:

^ you just said that because the article was foxsports!  :wink:

health? who wants to bet that the real reason is that he got busted by his spouse pulling a tiger woods with the undergrads?  :laugh:

I was thinking it might be his way of weaseling out of a contract so that he could go to the NFL next season.

Maybe Tim Tebow turned down his marriage proposal, so he decided to keep coaching

I can't speak for anyone else, but that got a spit take from me.

Evidently the Urban Meyer shenanigans did very little to help Florida Gator ticket sales.  Florida still has more than 4,000 tickets left of their 17,500 allotment which UC sold out in two days.  UC has since requested and received additional tickets from Sugar Bowl officials and has been selling those.  I don't think many people would have believed you at the beginning of the season if you told them that the Bearcats would be playing the Gators in the Sugar Bowl and would have the fan advantage.  This will be three years running that UC fans have out traveled their opponents.