The YouTube Thread

David

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the level of incivility reached a new low during last night's NYC mayoral debate, if that's possible.  With the overwhelmingly Democrat population, deBlasio is far ahead in the polls and all but assured victory despite his uneven performance and percolating corruption scandals (alleged!), a raucous free for all ensued even with one audience member being ejected for unruly behavior. I can hardly wait for the next debate

• 2 months later...

This reminds me of one of those weird public access shows that jmecklenborg[/member] posts:

But seriously, thanks to the guy who made that video for informing me about all the evil that the bankers have caused.

EDIT: This one's way better.

watching a video of my HS alma mater's choir performing on MLK Day, I was struck by one distracted young man who didn't seem to be taking the solemnity of the day that seriously. Either that or he was so enraptured by the joyousness of the music that he lost concentration. It didn't seem to help that the camera person focused on him a little too lingeringly long, only making matters worse. In any case I'm certain he had a stern "talking to" by both his parents and the choir director, and hopefully this won't happen the next time. If there is a next time ;D (It's a small school. It's not that easy to find kids who can sing--lol)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nasim Aghdam, YouTube Shooting Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/nasim-aghdam-youtube-shooting-suspect-channel-instagram-photos/

Nasim Aghdam has been identified as the suspect who opened fire outside of the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, on Tuesday, April 3, according to NBC News. The suspect was found dead by an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

yet again people with known mental issues and no training can easily obtain guns and go about their nutcase business. and any time common sense is raised about deadly weapons after these events the nra-backed gun fanatics rise up to fight it off like, “thul tek owr gunz!” make no mistake this constant gun chaos is deliberate and shameful. after the dc gun violence march i am pretty hopeful the youth were woke on this topic, so there will be some reigning in on amerca’s open market free for all with guns when they can vote.

^ Well, if it helps, she was about as good at shooting as she was at making YouTube videos (talk about some bizarre videos), given that she was the only fatality. I consider this an unfortunate, but small price to pay in order to maintain a fundamental human right - the right to self defense. There's no need to punish other people because people like her exist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I remember when the Wheelersburg Kroger applied for an alcohol variance in the dry part of Scioto County where it is located. Alcohol can only be sold within the Portsmouth city limits for miles and miles around. Letters flowed into the newspaper with that kind of rhetoric. Also you won't be able to buy groceries without some drunk stumbling into you -- like goes on all the time in the rest of the state, right?

• 4 weeks later...