Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest G3000

Show a pic of yourself!

Recommended Posts

Walking into Browns training camp last year, I'm the one with the almost-3 year old that seems to want "walk" instead of "carry", and/or her water bottle.....

 

DSC_1535_copy.JPG?itok=H0hq7ZYr]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's this for a selfie?? Makes my stomach sink....

 

Historical Pics ‏@HistoricalPics  12m12 minutes ago

World class selfie

 

B4lh29xIgAAsB1b.jpg:large


In 1976, the City of Cleveland issued NINE building permits. NINE. When we start to feel down about the progress of development here vs. other cities, remember how lifeless Cleveland was and how far it's come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 3:12 PM, eastvillagedon said:

Post A Picture of Your Really Fat 4th Grade Picture From Over Half a Century (!) Ago--I think my mother must have selected dark clothing for me in the hope that it would have a "slenderizing effect." It didn't work 😞

 

36235537131_a6a004843a_b.jpg

 

 

Your photo reminds me of being the smallest kid in my 7th grade giant photo (like well over 100 kids), and in order to balance out the photo they put me in the front row with the special education kids in wheel chairs.  It was super-embarrassing. 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jmecklenborg said:

 

 

Your photo reminds me of being the smallest kid in my 7th grade giant photo (like well over 100 kids), and in order to balance out the photo they put me in the front row with the special education kids in wheel chairs.  It was super-embarrassing. 

 

 

 

 

Yes, I feel sorry for the special education kids too. They're too good for you.


In 1976, the City of Cleveland issued NINE building permits. NINE. When we start to feel down about the progress of development here vs. other cities, remember how lifeless Cleveland was and how far it's come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 3:12 PM, eastvillagedon said:

Post A Picture of Your Really Fat 4th Grade Picture From Over Half a Century (!) Ago--I think my mother must have selected dark clothing for me in the hope that it would have a "slenderizing effect." It didn't work 😞

 

36235537131_a6a004843a_b.jpg

 

 

spacer.png

 

You look totally fine in that picture. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YABO713 said:

@eastvillagedon Painesville was an incredibly diverse place in 1964. Rare for Northeast Ohio, especially then. Cool picture!

I still vaguely remember the day the picture was taken. The photographer was named Robert Barbian. I think that year was maybe his first in business. He pretty much eventually had the entire school picture business, at least in the eastern half of Lake County, sewn up. I found out that he worked until a few years ago, and passed away fairly recently in his early 80's. I know of at least 3 classmates in the picture who have also passed away, including the boy standing next to me with his head at an angle. He was a transfer student (can't remember from where). I recall him telling everyone he was a descendant of a family on the Mayflower (I didn't know at the time that about half of America claims that! LOL). And at the time I was too young to have quipped that with a pedigree like that, how he ended up in such a crummy neighborhood as ours.  Anyway I did a search on him a couple of years ago and discovered he had died away in Hawaii (in his mid-50's), where he was working as an engineer, having lived in the south (attending the U. of Alabama) and in Colorado. No reason given for his death. And the girl in the vertical striped skirt two to my left also died. She was one of the nicest people in my class throughout high school. I still remember everyone's name. It was also the first year as a teacher for Miss Mason, who had just graduated from Lake Erie College. She remained at the school until it closed, about 10 years ago (demolished and replaced by a new one in a different location). Mason was from Louisville, KY whose father, as she told us, was a Kentucky Colonel (I don't know what the requirements are for this distinction, but I also remember someone from college--also from Louisville--who constantly boasted that his father was a KC and he was an arrogant, privileged ass). This was also the class of people I was with when I first heard of the assassination of JFK,  the previous November. Our school didn't have a PA system (did they have them anywhere in 1964?), so the principal went from room to room announcing that JFK had been shot (to audible gasps) and then later in the afternoon that he had died. Everyone gathered around the flag in front of the school at the end of the day for an observance of that event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, eastvillagedon said:

I still vaguely remember the day the picture was taken. The photographer was named Robert Barbian. I think that year was maybe his first in business. He pretty much eventually had the entire school picture business, at least in the eastern half of Lake County, sewn up. I found out that he worked until a few years ago, and passed away fairly recently in his early 80's. I know of at least 3 classmates in the picture who have also passed away, including the boy standing next to me with his head at an angle. He was a transfer student (can't remember from where). I recall him telling everyone he was a descendant of a family on the Mayflower (I didn't know at the time that about half of America claims that! LOL). And at the time I was too young to have quipped that with a pedigree like that, how he ended up in such a crummy neighborhood as ours.  Anyway I did a search on him a couple of years ago and discovered he had died away in Hawaii (in his mid-50's), where he was working as an engineer, having lived in the south (attending the U. of Alabama) and in Colorado. No reason given for his death. And the girl in the vertical striped skirt two to my left also died. She was one of the nicest people in my class throughout high school. I still remember everyone's name. It was also the first year as a teacher for Miss Mason, who had just graduated from Lake Erie College. She remained at the school until it closed, about 10 years ago (demolished and replaced by a new one in a different location). Mason was from Louisville, KY whose father, as she told us, was a Kentucky Colonel (I don't know what the requirements are for this distinction, but I also remember someone from college--also from Louisville--who constantly boasted that his father was a KC and he was an arrogant, privileged ass). This was also the class of people I was with when I first heard of the assassination of JFK,  the previous November. Our school didn't have a PA system (did they have them anywhere in 1964?), so the principal went from room to room announcing that JFK had been shot (to audible gasps) and then later in the afternoon that he had died. Everyone gathered around the flag in front of the school at the end of the day for an observance of that event. 

 

Awesome narrative, thank you for sharing! It's insane how I couldn't tell you what I had for breakfast last Wednesday, but I can tell you the way my classroom smelled on 9/11.

 

Not to derail this, but my father was in 2nd grade when JFK died, at St. Charles School in Parma (at the time the largest Catholic school in the country) and he still tells me about how the principal came on over the PA (So I guess they existed) and was not able to speak for the first 5-10 seconds as she had obviously been crying. He said he came home that afternoon to find out that he had passed, and my grandma, a first generation Catholic, Irish-American was crying on their living room couch and my grandfather (also first generation Irish-American) was angry beyond words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...