Sign in to follow this  
Guest FerrariEnzo

Cleveland: Port Authority News & Info

What would need to happen to move the docks to E. 9th? If it's a dredging issue, would it be a meeting with the army corps of engineers? There's nothing at the W. 3rd street dock for people not from Cleveland to have a glimpse at and say, "wow". It's more like "...oh", and perception is everything.

• Like 4

I was driving up West 25th yesterday behind a semi truck with large John Deere combine on the trailer. Looked brand new. I didn't follow it past Lorain but I assume it was heading to the port. Not really news, just thought it was an unusual site driving through market square. 🙂

Where you could have a true intermodal terminal unlike any in the USA -- cruise ships, ferry boats, cars, taxis/TNCs, bikes/scooters, passenger trains, light-rail trains, transit buses from throughout Northeast Ohio, and intercity buses to the nation.

Edited by KJP
  • Like 2

"Save the planet. Move to the city." -- The Downtowner podcast

4 hours ago, KJP said:

Where you could have a true intermodal terminal unlike any in the USA -- cruise ships, ferry boats, cars, taxis/TNCs, bikes/scooters, passenger trains, light-rail trains, transit buses from throughout Northeast Ohio, and intercity buses to the nation.

Add air freight (and for that matter passengers) in and out of Burke.

Edited by E Rocc
  • Like 1

^ I believe those that tie up on the river are the Blount Line ships which travel NYC-Chicago via the Erie Canal and the Lakes.  They don't touch Canada so there is no need for them to use the customs and immigration facilities in Cleveland.

There's nothing wrong with optimism, as long as you don't get your hopes up.