The_Cincinnati_Kid

Cincinnati: Restaurant News & Info

41 minutes ago, mcmicken said:

The Gold Star Chili at Race and Elder was open at least until 1998: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2019/08/27/food-and-wine-gold-star-ohio-best-fast-food-cincinnati-chili/2131249001/ 

There seems to be more of this type of false history promotion lately, the new jazz bar on Vine St is claiming it is bringing back jazz to Over-the-Rhine when Schwartz's Point has been here for decades.

To be fair, it may have been the first NEW chili parlor to open in 40 years. That doesn't mean there wasn't a chili parlor in operation for 20 of those years.

EDIT: There was also a place called The Royal that primarily served coneys and sandwiches at the corner of Main and 12th where Wodka Bar is now. Would you call it a chili parlor? Maybe not. But that's debatable.

1 hour ago, ryanlammi said:

To be fair, it may have been the first NEW chili parlor to open in 40 years. That doesn't mean there wasn't a chili parlor in operation for 20 of those years.

EDIT: There was also a place called The Royal that primarily served coneys and sandwiches at the corner of Main and 12th where Wodka Bar is now. Would you call it a chili parlor? Maybe not. But that's debatable.

I got sandwiches from The Royal a few times... it never crossed my mind that it would be considered a chili parlor. I don't mean that as a criticism (I liked their food!)... just didn't seem like chili was ever their focus. 

IIRC, The Royal had a dual concept. They were open for lunch on weekdays with a menu mostly consisting of sandwiches, salads, and grain bowls (I don't remember seeing chili or coneys on that menu). On Friday and Saturday nights they would open as a late night drunk food spot with a different menu featuring Cincinnati chili.

Thunderdome opens newest restaurant on the East Side

citybird-tenders*750xx3000-1688-0-156.jp

The Thunderdome Restaurant Group is unveiling its newest restaurant location in Anderson Township.

Thunderdome, the group behind restaurants like the Eagle, Krueger's Tavern, Pepp & Dolores and Currito, opened the newest location of its fast-casual chicken concept CityBird in Anderson Township at 7893 Beechmont Ave. on May 20. It marks the fourth location of that concept, which was born as an outgrowth of the Eagle, which specializes in fried chicken.

While the original Over-the-Rhine CityBird served primarily as a carryout location even prior to the coronavirus pandemic, the Anderson Township location is the first with a drive-thru to serve customers.

More below:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2020/05/20/heres-when-thunderdomes-newest-restaurant-opens.html

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

A Russian bot is spreading discord...somebody threw a rock through one Adriatico's window.  Nobody got inside.  Same with Mr. Tuxedo...flesh wound but no penetration.

looters.png

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3010.JPG