Cincinnati: Restaurant News & Info

This move is understandable...doesn't Jean Robert live in Covington??

Yes I think I read somewhere that he lives in nky.  I ate at PhoParis right after it opened - it was pretty good - but the location back off the street behind a parking lot made it feel very (sub)urban - unlike JeanRo and Pigalls dt.  Sounds like the new location will be better.

^yeah that was a bad clarification....Great American is in about 3 or 4 locations downtown. 

Fine.  The one with the actual "Great American Insurance" sign on it.  Happy? ;)

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

^yeah that was a bad clarification....Great American is in about 3 or 4 locations downtown. 

Fine.  The one with the actual "Great American Insurance" sign on it.  Happy? ;)

Actually, the Dixie Terminal also says "Great American Insurance" on the south side of it as well.  ;)

Actually, the Dixie Terminal also says "Great American Insurance" on the south side of it as well.  ;)

That building is Unamerican.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Northside's Potluck becomes restaurant

POLLY CAMPBELL | [email protected]

December 14, 2006

CINCINNATI - Potluck in Northside has transformed into The Hideaway.

Click here for article:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061214/BIZ01/312140023

Dickey’s opens in West Chester

BY POLLY CAMPBELL | [email protected]

December 14, 2006

WEST CHESTER TWP. - Dickey’s Barbecue Pit opened today in West Chester at 9290 Allen Road, at Union Center Boulevard, just west of Mulhauser.

Click here for article:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061214/BIZ01/312140024

The one at 8th and Walnut is Javier's, which is moving from a much smaller location on Court St.  It has been a popular lunch spot for years.

I have heard really good things about the food at Potluck in Northside.  Now that they have seating, I may just go check it out!

Edit: Jalapeno's is going in at 7th and Elm, where Aioli used to be.  It should be opening soon.

Dickey’s opens in West Chester

BY POLLY CAMPBELL | [email protected]

December 14, 2006

WEST CHESTER TWP. - Dickey’s Barbecue Pit opened today in West Chester at 9290 Allen Road, at Union Center Boulevard, just west of Mulhauser.

Click here for article:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061214/BIZ01/312140024

Might end up checking this one out.

I'm sure someone in my nutjob family will wanna talk me into it lol.

Bah...

West Chester has Columbus based "City Barbeque", some of the best pulled pork I have ever had.  Dickey can go back to Texas. 

CityBBQ_HomePageNEW_UB.jpg

Here are the two Cincinnati locations:

City Barbeque

West Chester 

7706 Voice of America Centre

West Chester, OH

513-755-0518

City Barbeque

Hyde Park 

3804 Paxton Ave

Cincinnati, OH

513-871-8890

• 3 weeks later...

BAH

I just went to Paula's in Findlay Market & it was closed.

I heard they were going to open a place downtown but I just figured there would be 2 of 'em.

I guess they just moved ?

They were closed?  That's a surprise.  I was just at the Findlay Market location on Saturday.  The one on 4th St. is now open.  It's between Walnut and Vine.

Restaurant idea catches tailwind of S.C. hurricane

Hugo to serve 'Southern sophisticated' fare in Oakley

Cincinnati Business Courier - January 5, 2007by Lisa Biank FasigStaff Reporter

The former chef at Tink's Café and his CEO father are teaming up to launch a restaurant in Oakley, in the space recently vacated by Pho Paris.

Click here for article:

http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2007/01/08/story7.html

^^Sounds interesting.  Best of luck to them in that space!  It's now on its third restaurant since Andiamo opend there about 4 or 5 years ago.  It is like the Oakley equivalent of the spot in Hyde Park square where Red is now.  There have been 5 different restaurants there since I move to Cincinnati in 99. 

As for Paula's I can vouch for the turkey chili and the cuban  :-D

Javiers, a mexican place at 8th and Walnut looks like it just opened up. (previously the location was a busken)

Both Paula's are open, but the one at Findlay is closed for repairs this week.

Cafe de Paris expanded their menu at Garfield Place.  They also opened a second location with more dinner options in Hyde Park.

Kaldi's now has panini sandwiches and $1.50 pints Christian Morlien Hefewiezen all the time.

The Gyspy hut in Northside is open on Blue Rock Road.  It is a great dive bar with $2 pints of Olde Stlye.

Burgers and crab cakes coming to former Redfish

Cincinnati Business Courier - 4:57 PM EST Friday

by Lisa Biank Fasig

Courier Staff Reporter

Sully's, an Irish pub-style eatery, is planning to open at the former Redfish location on Seventh Street this spring, adding another casual restaurant to the Seventh Street corridor.

Click here for article:

http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2007/01/08/daily54.html?jst=b_ln_hl