Jump to content
CMH_Downtown

Columbus: OSU / University Area Developments and News

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gramarye said:

 

Goalposts.  They definitely need to be goalposts.

 

AEP did that over 77 at the Hall of Fame in Canton... (this photos is from when they tested it)

Screenshot_20200610-144513_Chrome.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, jebleprls22 said:

 

WestCampus.jpg

Extents of construction fencing through August this year, according to FOD

Is the interdisciplinary Research Facility alone going to be 305,000 square feet as the article stated or will that include any other buildings like the Energy Advancement and Innovation Center? I guess I am asking if you know whether or not the 305,000 square feet will be for both buildings shown in the red area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Toddguy said:

Is the interdisciplinary Research Facility alone going to be 305,000 square feet as the article stated or will that include any other buildings like the Energy Advancement and Innovation Center? I guess I am asking if you know whether or not the 305,000 square feet will be for both buildings shown in the red area?

"The project is an anchor for Ohio State’s future West Campus Innovation District and will house approximately 305,000 new square feet." Looks like just the I.R.F. I, not including the Energy Advancement Center.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About TIME.


"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- OSU files a final site compliance plan today with the city for the new Hospital tower.

 

https://portal.columbus.gov/permits/

Record 20345-389

WMC Inpatient Hospital Tower Construction of a 27 Story medical center and associated underground utilities to serve the new facility.

 

I imagine we should be seeing renders soon if they are moving into the early permitting stages.

 

- The owners of 1778 North High Street (Building containing Bibibop) has submitted a site compliance plan for a 7 story apartment redevelopment on the site with a parking podium. 

Edited by DevolsDance
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, they better NOT touch that building.  

 

As far as the new hospital tower, if it's 27 stories, that thing will be at least 380 feet.

  • Like 3

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColDayMan said:

...

 

As far as the new hospital tower, if it's 27 stories, that thing will be at least 380 feet.

Well that would bring us to 16 buildings over 100 meters(this along with the New Hilton Tower). 2 coming, one planned and one under construction-and we have not had one in what?-nearly 30 years.  And I am all for it. Just hope Market Tower gets going soon. Plus I like seeing taller buildings scattered along 315 when I am driving up north.

 

*This might be 100 feet taller than the existing one and should really stand out. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toddguy said:

2 coming, one planned and one under construction-and we have not had one in what?-nearly 30 years.

Which projects are you talking about here?  Just making sure I'm not missing one.  Are you including Millenial?  So, Market Tower, Hilton, OSU Hospital Tower, and Millenial Tower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TH3BUDDHA said:

Which projects are you talking about here?  Just making sure I'm not missing one.  Are you including Millenial?  So, Market Tower, Hilton, OSU Hospital Tower, and Millenial Tower?

Two are coming-and of those two, one is planned(Hospital tower)and the other is under construction(Hilton).  I should have used a dash instead of a comma after the word "coming" in the post.

 

 

*I don't think Market will top 100 meters, and I think Millennial is dead.

Edited by Toddguy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Toddguy said:

Two are coming-and of those two, one is planned(Hospital tower)and the other is under construction(Hilton).  I should have used a dash instead of a comma after the word "coming" in the post.

 

 

*I don't think Market will top 100 meters, and I think Millennial is dead.

Ahh, ok.  Yea, I misunderstood that part.  Thought you were talking about 4 projects in total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColDayMan said:

Ugh, they better NOT touch that building.  

 

As far as the new hospital tower, if it's 27 stories, that thing will be at least 380 feet.

You know they will. Further homogenization of High. 

 

I haven't heard anything more about the proposed project at Norwich and High (Waterbeds N Stuff building). Wonder if the project is dead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pablo said:

You know they will. Further homogenization of High. 

 

I haven't heard anything more about the proposed project at Norwich and High (Waterbeds N Stuff building). Wonder if the project is dead?

I assume the proposal would envelop the "Bullwinkies" complex to the south? That is a pretty significant footprint. I hope they try and incorporate the historic facade but I know that's asking a lot of the Uni District 😕

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 2:37 PM, jebleprls22 said:

I assume the proposal would envelop the "Bullwinkies" complex to the south? That is a pretty significant footprint. I hope they try and incorporate the historic facade but I know that's asking a lot of the Uni District 😕

 

Totally agree here; however, a parking podium leaves me little hope....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the site plan for 1778 High goes back to Pearl Alley, it'd be fairly easy to build a 7-story without demolition of the historic building.  Most of the site is a 2-story modern addition that could be replaced while maintaining and incorporating the original structure just like the modern addition already does.  It would be a lot like the Pavey Project in that aspect.  Really no reason to tear it down, even with a parking deck if it can be built on the lower floor/s of the main building, but it seems the university area planners are determined to eliminate all buildings built before 2005.

 

Edited by jonoh81
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...