Guest zaceman

Cleveland: Downtown: John Hartness Brown Bldgs / Euclid Grand

They are going to use synthetic material to repair the damage, no?  Isn't the same tactic being used on the Terminal Tower?  Has to be cost-prohibitive to do otherwise I would think.

EIFS.  :wink:

"EFIS" is the off brand of EIFS I manufacture in my basement.  Eli Mann has already ordered 12 baking sheets worth from me.

Anyway (sorry mods for all the kidding around), even with a little faux material patching, these facades are gonna be so nice and elegant.  I simply can't wait to see lights on in this windows and signs of life there after dark.  Ditto for K&D's project.

Latest set from John Hartness Brown:

1. 1015 Euclid Avenue

2. 1007 Euclid Avenue

3. The main detail on 1007 didn't fair as well as the trumpeting angels at 1015.

4. 1007 Euclid window details

5. Where 1007 and 1015 join

6. 1007 and 1015... together again

7. The John Hartness Brown Building, in it's entirety as it was meant to be seen.

certainly changes the landscape

Agreed!  Those buildings and the streetscape already looks much much improved.  I can't wait for people to occupy those spaces.

I skimmed this thread, but couldn't find the answer to this:

How many units of housing are supposed to be created here?

I thought I saw a number- 170, 120 or something.  But maybe that was a ballpark #, and not official.

I was told the total units from both the John Hartness Brown project AND the CAC Building will be about 300.  Not sure how it breaks out... regardless, that's A LOT of units.

Also, the construction elevator is down.  I'll try to get a "completed" pic of it today.

No word on when they might start work?  Mann has his historic tax credits, correct? Is he just waiting on additional financing?

From what I've heard we won't have to be waiting very long.  The only thing left is the design of the "new" facade.  And they don't need that in place or approved to begin construction/ demolition of the interiors / restoration of the exterior.  And I heard (but have not confirmed) that there is no financing needed on this project.  All privately done.

From what I've heard we won't have to be waiting very long.  The only thing left is the design of the "new" facade.  And they don't need that in place or approved to begin construction/ demolition of the interiors / restoration of the exterior.  And I heard (but have not confirmed) that there is no financing needed on this project.  All privately done.

Thanks as always for the info!

Do you know if the whole project (JH Brown only, not CAC) is planned as a single phase?  Or is the new tower part of a later phase?

^Thanks.  Aesthetics aside (haven't seen enough to really form an opinion), the new tower is kind of a big deal, joining a pretty short list of new construction residential downtown.  Definitely a good sign.

Thanks for the info McCleveland.  It's great to see so many units coming to Euclid, and so quick.  The Hartness+CAC+Ameritrust+668+new East 4th units=lots o progress!

This? In phase one?

large_Tower%20concept2.JPG

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Can you imagine how nice this block will be with residents?  I pray they are lining up retailers while planning the apartments.

I just hope they can hold on to the Shoe Town Outlet through all that construction...

And wow, I had no idea that the "tower" addition was a go in phase one.  It would be wild if this one happened before 515!

^Not to be negative (ok I guess I am being negative) but my grandchildrens weddings will "happen before 515" (and I don't have any kids).

^Someone watched Project Runway's premiere this week.

Something like that could have been cool, but I think Mr. Mann has plans for that facade judging from the elevations.

Sorry to bring this thread back for this, but...

The other side of the Harkness buildings are notably ornate as well; I wandered back there today and it's interesting what still exists... even if it is being used as a loading dock (the portions enclosed by Huntington Bank only accessible via alleyway on chester).  Any condo with windows facing the other side of euclid ave could have some promise, especially if that area could get spruced up a little bit.  If anyone is walking past, check it out.