KJP

Coronavirus Pandemic

Wondered if COVID-19 mutated from it.

This is interesting....

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

13 minutes ago, KJP said:

I didn't say it was COVID-19. 

And as I've been saying, this virus is going to go through the population. Dr. Amy Acton just said 40-70% of us are going to get the virus. It also means we'll be getting immunities.

Thankfully we will all get through this at some point, but anyone over 40 should try to avoid it as humanly as possible.

People even over 40 are getting extremely ill, just be careful, to everyone! This disease is extremely dangerous.

^I also saw something which showed ILI was up over normal at some point last year... but, I don't think it was related to COVID-19. The reason I say this is because this disease is much different than any disease on record in terms of how it presents and the complications it causes, according to doctors.

My wife was telling me today that they are finding it is specifically attacking the lung tissue as well as infecting it and causing pneumonia. It is also causing high levels of cardiac arrest. So, I don't think there would be overlap there (in an earlier ILI in the year), though I could be wrong!

Scientists are fairly certain this coronavirus originated in a bat or bats and was transferred to Pangolins in a wet market in China. That Pangolin then coughed or vomited or bit or something of that nature a human... The virus was mutated enough to easily start transferring from person to person at that point.

14 minutes ago, Frmr CLEder said:

New Orleans, San Francisco, Miami, Chicago, Boston, DC and Los Angeles are not out of the woods. While most attention is devoted to NYC, those communities have yet to peaked

To be clear - it's very likely that NONE of our hot spots have yet to peak. 

Having no job reduces an American's ability to fight the virus...

How many deaths over a year?

As we all know, Seattle (Kirkland,WA) was thrown into the national spotlight but they're still struggling. We haven't heard much since NYC captured the headlines.

Believe it or not, two weeks in and this from the Governor of Washington State.

“We’ve conducted more than 31,000 tests, but we have very significant unmet needs,” said Inslee, calling for “pervasive testing before we can return to normalcy in our state.”

Edited by Frmr CLEder

49 minutes ago, freefourur said:

the russian gangster loan sharks trump is beholden to told him to hire the guy.

2 hours ago, GCrites80s said:

Isn't Tokyo train crowding is far worse than NYC's? Or is that old information?

@GCrites80s This might help answer half of your question......

this guy has the vocabulary of maybe a fifth grader. his insecurity, narcissism and adhd are just off the charts. whats the opposite of reassuring?

1 hour ago, KJP said:

I didn't say it was COVID-19. 

And as I've been saying, this virus is going to go through the population. Dr. Amy Acton just said 40-70% of us are going to get the virus. It also means we'll be getting immunities.

But again, for the very low fatality rates to be real, 40%-70% would arguably already have needed to have had it, not going to get it.  We would've seen a dire situation in hospitals weeks ago based on incubation rates.  This is no doubt more widespread than confirmed cases, but I don't think it has been as widespread for as long as some people seem to believe. 

Edited by jonoh81

39 minutes ago, KJP said:

@GCrites80s This might help answer half of your question......

The trains are as integral to the city as the Met, Central Park or Lincoln Center.

When I lived in Manhattan, I had a car because I worked in NJ, but the trains (and cabs) were the fastest and easiest way to get around the city. For many, it is the only method of transportation. I also had a bike for Manhattan, but I couldn't imagine biking from the Upper Westside to Brooklyn or Queens.

That being said, unless the subways and trains are shut down, containment will be elusive.

One of the city's greatest assets is also its greatest weakness.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

EUEVzQoWkAEsn4j?format=jpg&name=large

dementia in action today:

Donald Trump went on a protracted tangent about a Tampa Bay Buccaneers player at a press conference in the midst of the government’s catastrophic failure to respond to the coronavirus.

"Somebody in the fake news said that one of the governors said, ‘Oh, we need Tom Brady.’ He meant that in a positive way. He said ‘We need Tom Brady, and we’re gonna do great,’ and he took it very positively. They took it differently. They think Tom Brady should be leading the effort.

“That’s only fake news, and I like Tom Brady. Spoke to him the other day. He’s a great guy. I wish the news could be real, I wish it could be honest, I wish it weren’t so corrupt. But so much of it is. It’s just so sad to see. We had a great meeting.”

3 hours ago, jonoh81 said:

But again, for the very low fatality rates to be real, 40%-70% would arguably already have needed to have had it, not going to get it.  We would've seen a dire situation in hospitals weeks ago based on incubation rates.  This is no doubt more widespread than confirmed cases, but I don't think it has been as widespread for as long as some people seem to believe. 

My dad works for Ohio Health. They're still seeing way more positives on a standard RVP (influenza, other viruses) than they are for covid-19.

Now everyone who's been sick in the last 2 months suddenly thinks they had coronavirus.  That's likely not the case.  And until we get Ab testing we won't know for sure.

Very Stable Genius

Antibody testing (serology) is critical to an understanding of the depth and breadth of this pandemic. They are also useful in the identification of those who have developed acquired immunity, either from actual exposure to the virus or through vaccination, once available.  

Antibody tests will not however identify those with active infections because they do not test for viral antigen.

On a separate note, as cases surge in MI, LA, FL and IL, while not a fan of his social policies, Gov. DeWines proactive stance towards the pandemic appears to have minimized the impact in OH.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

God works in mysterious ways....

I agree KJP, God does work in mysterious ways and we should heed the warning; humanity can look at this pandemic as an opportunity to fix the things that are wrong in our societies...

Or we can choose to ignore them and be less fortunate the next time around....

And there will be a next time.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

16 hours ago, jmecklenborg said:

It's crazy how much is still operating in Ohio.  For example, they're still making fishing rods in Dayton: https://www.reelflyrod.com/cast-us-a-line.html

IMO it was written very loosely on purpose because the order itself is of dubious legality.   

My company meets the definition in at least two particulars with a third big one pending.

Edited by E Rocc

9 minutes ago, Frmr CLEder said:

I agree KJP, God does work in mysterious ways and we should heed the warning; humanity can look at this pandemic as an opportunity to fix the things that are wrong in our societies...

Or we can choose to ignore them and be less fortunate the next time around....

And there will be a next time.

On the other hand, the higher power may have brought it here because we are the best innovators and problem solvers the world has ever seen.  Others come close, but it's due to our influence.

11 minutes ago, E Rocc said:

On the other hand, the higher power may have brought it here because we are the best innovators and problem solvers the world has ever seen.  Others come close, but it's due to our influence.

We're #1 in confirmed cases lmao

Very Stable Genius

1 hour ago, DarkandStormy said:

We're #1 in confirmed cases lmao

we will be #1 in deaths as well when all said and done.  Trump will be lucky we are testing so many people, because our mortality rate will be lower than some areas...but how humiliating.  The "greatest country in the world" will have probably the worst statistics in teams of "n" in all categories.  Those numbers need to be the laser focus for Joe Bidens campaign.  There is not sidewinding the fact that the USA was caught flat footed and that rolls up to the Commander in Chief

https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of-covid-19-was-denied-treatment-because-1842520539

A 17-year-old boy in Los Angeles County who became the first teen believed to have died from complications with covid-19 in the U.S. was denied treatment at an urgent care clinic because he didn’t have health insurance, according to R. Rex Parris, the mayor of Lancaster, California. Roughly 27.5 million Americans—8.5 percent of the population—don’t have health insurance based on the latest government figures.

“He didn’t have insurance, so they did not treat him,” Parris said in a video posted to YouTube. The staff at the urgent care facility told the teen to try the emergency room at Antelope Valley (AV) Hospital, a public hospital in the area, according to the mayor.

“En route to AV Hospital, he went into cardiac arrest, when he got to AV hospital they were able to revive him and keep him alive for about six hours,” Parris said. “But by the time he got there, it was too late.”

^ Unfortunately some will say "he deserved what he got for not being insured." I beg to differ. No one, especially a teenager, should be denied treatment and allowed to die for not having health insurance. 

That's what I mean when I say, this is an opportunity to get it right, realizing that some, no matter how hard they're slapped in the face, will never get it right.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

1 hour ago, E Rocc said:

I think you're getting cabin fever....