KJP

Coronavirus Pandemic

If I was Twitter, I would have left the tweet stand. But I suspect that too many people, including those in power, would think it's a good idea. 

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

Center for Cleveland is showing that Geauga County went from 5 cases to 4 cases over the past 24 hours.  Dept of Health reporting error? Or did a positive test come back negative upon retest?

See the table near the top of the page:

https://www.centerforcleveland.org/covid-19

Edited by Pugu

1 hour ago, KJP said:

If I was Twitter, I would have left the tweet stand. But I suspect that too many people, including those in power, would think it's a good idea. 

As it was an opinion piece, Twitter had no business locking it anyway.   That they did says more about them than the Federalist.

The fact is this a rather strong and risky version of a vaccine.

8 minutes ago, E Rocc said:

As it was an opinion piece, Twitter had no business locking it anyway.   That they did says more about them than the Federalist.

Lol.

Conservatives: We should sacrifice the elderly to save the stonks.  It's the only way.

Conservatives: We should also risk our kids' health in order to build immunity.

"Pro life" has lost all its meaning.

Very Stable Genius

16 minutes ago, taestell said:

Meanwhile, Kentucky has its first case of Covid-19 linked to a Federalist-endorsed "coronavirus party". I wonder how many deaths will eventually be linked back to people who caught the virus at this party.

But Twitter is being mean by censoring them....

People who do dumb stuff like this should go to the end of line for ventilators if they need one.

Edited by freefourur

1 hour ago, KJP said:

It's absolutely irresponsible and dangerous, because as you mention, Trump and those who don't appear capable of independent or critical thought, including some news outlets, will believe it.

BTW, Atlanta mayor reporting ICU beds at capacity.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

Cleveland (NEO) should be in pretty good shape. Between the UH, CCF systems and Metrohealth, as long as the spread is managed, there should be sufficient ICU and general hospital beds/equipment.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

2 hours ago, taestell said:

DeWine announces that the state is starting to crack down on non-essential businesses that are remaining open, and hints that restrictions may be in place for the entire month of April...

A huge number of companies - likely well over half - are still in near-full operation.  I work for a distributor to companies that themselves are "essential".  We've literally only lost about 10% of our regular volume, which is typically around $500,000 in sales per day.  

Seeing all of the orders fly through this place - there is so much going on in "the economy" that Twitter and "the media" doesn't talk about because those are overwhelmingly white collar worlds where blue collar means coal mines and automobile factories.  There's so much more going on, all of the time, amongst networks of companies that do absolutely zero advertising.  

Comically, numerous candle makers are still open, since candles have been deemed "essential".  And I can verify that Pure Romance is in fact still open and distributing their wares.  

1 hour ago, E Rocc said:

What is likely, in my opinion, is that this virus is going to go through the population and fade away long before a vaccine reaches mass production. It doesn't mean that everyone is going to get sick from it or even be infected but asymptomatic. It means that if the virus reaches enough of the population and if everyone continues to take precautions, it will allow this virus to fade over an extended period, like 6-12 months.

^ Timeframe sounds about right, but the infections will come in waves as restrictions are lifted and more and more of the population is exposed.

1 hour ago, jmecklenborg said:

A huge number of companies - likely well over half - are still in near-full operation.  I work for a distributor to companies that themselves are "essential".  We've literally only lost about 10% of our regular volume, which is typically around $500,000 in sales per day.  

Seeing all of the orders fly through this place - there is so much going on in "the economy" that Twitter and "the media" doesn't talk about because those are overwhelmingly white collar worlds where blue collar means coal mines and automobile factories.  There's so much more going on, all of the time, amongst networks of companies that do absolutely zero advertising.  

Comically, numerous candle makers are still open, since candles have been deemed "essential".  And I can verify that Pure Romance is in fact still open and distributing their wares.  

They told us in business school that 80% of the money spent in this country is B2B, B2G or otherwise non-public facing.

18 minutes ago, GCrites80s said:

They told us in business school that 80% of the money spent in this country is B2B, B2G or otherwise non-public facing.

Trust funds are being fueled by companies that make containers for spare parts for GE Aviation and the car companies.   Yes, just the cardboard containers, not the parts themselves.

But the Twitter kings and queens can only think about scooters and Airbnb and credit card points.   

I was chatting with a friend in the UK suffering from COVID-19 tonight.  He's on the upswing after about 10 days of being really sick at home.  One of the symptoms he told me about that I haven't heard about in the media is he has lost his sense of taste and smell.   I guess it's a real thing, and only temporary.  He said it's the strangest thing ever....

1 minute ago, Cleburger said:

I was chatting with a friend in the UK suffering from COVID-19 tonight.  He's on the upswing after about 10 days of being really sick at home.  One of the symptoms he told me about that I haven't heard about in the media is he has lost his sense of taste and smell.   I guess it's a real thing, and only temporary.  He said it's the strangest thing ever....

That falls in line with this article!

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2020/03/loss-of-smell-may-be-early-symptom-of-coronavirus.html

1 hour ago, GCrites80s said:

A lot of the key businesses here in Cleveland are classified ‘essential ’ and still running pretty much full-tilt. As a side-note, I fully believe that NEO will come out the other side of this in good shape. Our strong basis in industrial manufacturing, speciality chemicals and healthcare should serve us well. 

And they reckon that the last thing she saw in her life was
Sting, singing on the roof of the Barbican

All 3Cs are big on insurance. Most types of claims will probably go down but premiums are going to be harder to collect. I don't know if this is even really that disastrous for life and health insurance in the U.S. Currently the number of cases and deaths would be overshadowed by a worse ordinary flu season. Regular flus are probably going to go way down due to the isolation.

1 hour ago, jmecklenborg said:

Trust funds are being fueled by companies that make containers for spare parts for GE Aviation and the car companies.   Yes, just the cardboard containers, not the parts themselves.

But the Twitter kings and queens can only think about scooters and Airbnb and credit card points.   

giphy.gif

None of these people would actually sacrifice themselves.  They want the poors to sacrifice themselves and make their stonks go up.

9 minutes ago, freefourur said:

None of these people would actually sacrifice themselves.  They want the poors to sacrifice themselves and make their stonks go up.

They're saying they're willing to let YOU die. They won't be the ones dying.

Very Stable Genius

^Just like War Pigs.

Gen'rals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction,
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh Lord yeah

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role for the poor, yeah

Time will tell on their power minds,
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess,
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah

Now in darkness world stops turning,
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more War Pigs have the power,
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pigs crawling,
Begging mercies for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
Oh Lord yeah

1 minute ago, GCrites80s said:

^Just like War Pigs.

Gen'rals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction,
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh Lord yeah

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role for the poor, yeah

Time will tell on their power minds,
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess,
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah

Now in darkness world stops turning,
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more War Pigs have the power,
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pigs crawling,
Begging mercies for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
Oh Lord yeah

Sabbath Rules 🤘

5 minutes ago, Frmr CLEder said:

You can't possibly be surprised by anything happening in Misissippi or Alabama.

They're always 49th & 50th in everything bad. 

1 hour ago, freefourur said:

The anti-science party is beyond parody. 

I honestly think that there's a significant segment of the population that views these temporary restrictions as a direct assault on their manhood. 

In related news, UFC president Dana White gave a really dumb interview today. 

I think it's been pretty well established that falsehoods, half-truths, alternate realities, parallel universes and conspiracy theories have become the norm in this administration. Unfortunately their followers are incapable of critical nor independent thought and instead believe this nonsense as if they're deer in headlights.

When it comes to COVID-19 disease, the only reliable source on the dais is Tony Fauci. Based upon recent events however, I suspect he will either get fed up and resign or they will force him out for stealing the limelight and contradicting POTUS. There's been friction since 2/28 and Fauci has become less visible over this past week.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-anthony-fauci-trump-admin-stops-discussion-2020-2?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sf-bi-main&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR0bAbl_KOH-PH8UcQ21LMKhdBmazjdUCF_LGw8h_gQTY71gZurJ0nY_8mI

Edited by Frmr CLEder
Link added

11 hours ago, KJP said:

What is likely, in my opinion, is that this virus is going to go through the population and fade away long before a vaccine reaches mass production. It doesn't mean that everyone is going to get sick from it or even be infected but asymptomatic. It means that if the virus reaches enough of the population and if everyone continues to take precautions, it will allow this virus to fade over an extended period, like 6-12 months.

I tend to agree, though we may disagree on the degree of precaution needed.

What is likely to come much earlier is pharmaceutical treatments that mitigate the symptoms.

1 hour ago, E Rocc said:

I tend to agree, though we may disagree on the degree of precaution needed.

What is likely to come much earlier is pharmaceutical treatments that mitigate the symptoms.

Agreed. Some of those are already happening. And if you get covid-19 and recover, donate plasma.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the lakes....

Worth reading....

10 hours ago, jmecklenborg said:

They're always 49th & 50th in everything bad. 

Wouldn't that be 49th and 50th in everything GOOD?    They are usually 1 & 2 in everything bad.....

One could argue that calculating mortality rates for both COVID-18 and influenza are  both problematic because we dont have accurate counts of the number of infected for either disease.

To my knowledge, I've had the flu twice in 63 years, based upon symptoms, but neither incident was "officially" diagnosed and there may have been other milder infections.