KJP

Cleveland: Random Development and Construction

20 minutes ago, ytown2ctown said:

Not sure if this has already been posted and/or talked about, but after speaking with my friend who works in Amazon warehouse launches he mentioned that there is one coming to Bedford?

It and others were mentioned in this article.....

The upshot is that within a year, Amazon may be operating at 10801 Madison Ave., the nearly 170,000- square-foot building that Weston Inc. of Warrensville Heights completed last year in Cleveland; at what's now a 130,000-square-foot building in Bedford Heights planned by Indianapolis-based Scannell Properties at 24700 Miles Road; and even the 400,000-square-foot building finished last year by Chicago-based Westminster Capital at 43000 Victory Parkway in Glenwillow Village.

https://www.crainscleveland.com/real-estate/wave-northeast-ohio-leasing-may-be-growing-amazon

• Like 3

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond." -- Coach Lou Holtz

4 minutes ago, Enginerd said:

The Warehouse District thread is closed, so I’m putting this here...

Let me just say, what an odd concept.

They probably shouldn't have used that cheap horror movie graphic design for their restaurant. I'm actually a little surprised it got the okay in what's arguably the city's premier historic district. 

28 minutes ago, surfohio said:

They probably shouldn't have used that cheap horror movie graphic design for their restaurant. I'm actually a little surprised it got the okay in what's arguably the city's premier historic district. 

It’s an entertainment district 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 2

They have a location at Cedar Center that is extremely popular - like lines regularly out the door and endless concerns from neighbors about the amount of people parking on the surrounding streets (pre-covid, at least). For a time they had to meter people coming in over fire occupancy concerns. I'm sure they'll do well here.

• Like 2

Cross posted in the business section......

Miami+commission+mtg-Mike+Sarasti-1.jpg

FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2020

Lack of city hall tech risks making construction sector sick

....But the same cannot be said for nearly all local municipal governments. Their meetings of city councils, planning commissions, boards of zoning appeals (BZA) and other scheduled public gatherings remain canceled for the foreseeable future. That has stalled proposed real estate developments big and small and their resultant job creation, several developers said.

While city officials in many communities say the meeting cancellations are necessary to comply with Sunshine Laws, technology is making that contention questionable.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/04/lack-of-city-hall-tech-risks-making.html 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KJP said:

Cross posted in the business section......

Miami+commission+mtg-Mike+Sarasti-1.jpg

FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2020

Lack of city hall tech risks making construction sector sick

....But the same cannot be said for nearly all local municipal governments. Their meetings of city councils, planning commissions, boards of zoning appeals (BZA) and other scheduled public gatherings remain canceled for the foreseeable future. That has stalled proposed real estate developments big and small and their resultant job creation, several developers said.

While city officials in many communities say the meeting cancellations are necessary to comply with Sunshine Laws, technology is making that contention questionable.

MORE:

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2020/04/lack-of-city-hall-tech-risks-making.html 

I'm assuming that building inspections in the city of Cleveland are still continuing?  They are normally so far behind that if they are not, they may never recover!  

5 minutes ago, Cleburger said:

I'm assuming that building inspections in the city of Cleveland are still continuing?  They are normally so far behind that if they are not, they may never recover!  

Yes, as the one construction manager noted -- however off the record.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:32 PM, KJP said:

Yes, as the one construction manager noted -- however off the record.

I see the mayor of Miami pictured. He was diagnosed with COVID19 and released from quarantine this past week.

Despite our city, county and finally state lockdowns, construction projects have been full speed ahead.

I guess they're considered "essential."

Edited by Frmr CLEder

There's a lot less of us working downtown to scurry and get pictures of construction and whatnot, appreciate people that are still getting photos and posting updates! 

Hope everyone's holding up well!

Looking forward to the UO meetup when all's said and done...

• Like 3

Anyone got any ideas? 

14 minutes ago, KJP said:

Anyone got any ideas? 

There's a permit from October 2019 for roof repair on the Cathedral of Saint John. Someone please correct me if this work was already done, but roofing would be my best guess.