CLEVELAND UrbanOhio 2019 - Wednesday, November 27th Noon @ Market/1801 East Ninth Street

MayDay

Hi all, throwing the idea out there to see if anyone might be interested in grabbing weekday lunch in the next few weeks? I think our best bet might be somewhere that has communal table setups and between Public Square and East Ninth Street. And in case it needs to be said, it's BBYOL (Buy/Bring Your Own Lunch)

Any interest, feel free to send me a PM or respond below.

• Like 2

Communal tables? Sounds like you're suggesting the 5th Street Arcade or maybe the Old Arcade?

I'm game.

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

I would absolutely love to attend and would fly up in a NY minute (except on a 737MAX, lol), but not in winter. 

Congratulations to All! 

So excited for my hometown!

I'll have to catch you guys during the summer months.

Edited by Frmr CLEder

I'd be down;

If I recall correctly, most of the tables in 5th streets are laid out one table (of 2-4) in a row, and if you move them together, we'd probably end up blocking pedestrian traffic.

Moving the tables together wouldn't be as much as an issue (of block ped traffic) if we are in the back, near the staircase of the old arcade.

Edited by skorasaurus

2 hours ago, KJP said:

Communal tables? Sounds like you're suggesting the 5th Street Arcade or maybe the Old Arcade?

Actually no - neither of those has communal tables, but once we have a better idea of head count, we can figure something out.

Communal table ?

image.png

19 minutes ago, Foraker said:

Close -- Hofbrau Haus?

The Market at 1801 East 9th?

“What is the meaning of this city? Do you huddle close together because you love each other?”
Or “We all dwell together to make money from each other”? -- TS Eliot’s The Rock

1 hour ago, MayDay said:

Okay, after a little reconnaissance work, looks like Market is our best bet. So the next question is what days/times look good for everyone?

Not sure if this may help but I've seen doodle polls be helpful for this, I created one here: https://doodle.com/poll/m8gsbuzfsuinvxpm

It's not collecting emails or any information, just times/username.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, MayDay said:

So the preliminary results are showing Wednesday, November 27th from 12-1ish is the best day/time - should we go ahead and make it official? We can always have another one later in December for those who mentioned that might be preferable ?

Hmm, I have kid duty Wednesday since they don’t have school. I’m assuming we are not planning on kid friendly. So unless others are also planning on dragging kids along, I’m out for Wednesday. (Mine are 7 and 5 years old.)

On 11/22/2019 at 6:11 PM, Boomerang_Brian said:

Hmm, I have kid duty Wednesday since they don’t have school. I’m assuming we are not planning on kid friendly. So unless others are also planning on dragging kids along, I’m out for Wednesday. (Mine are 7 and 5 years old.)

Mine is nine (Yes, I started very late) so if we ever have a kid friendly one......   

As it stands I have to work Wednesday.    Though not at a bar, which is unusual for Drunken Wednesday LOL

Yes indeed, nice turnout of ten forumers ? great to meet/see everyone! It’s always interesting to get to put a face to the screen name.

As I mentioned up thread and today, quite a few said a mid-December event might work so be on the lookout for an announcement in the near future. We’ll probably use a Doodle survey like @GISguy set up for us to get agreeable days. 

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!