Sign in to follow this  
tastybunns

United States Space Command

SPACE FORCE, SPACE FORCE, SPACE FORCE!

Well maybe not Space Force, but rather Space Command (SpaceCom). The initiative to begin putting together resources from the USAF Space Command have been put through a rather ceremonious signing in the Rose Garden today. While I may not be of the first enlisted SpaceCom, I can share a little insight to where these resources are being allocated. Most of our national defense and intel in space comes from Peterson AFB in Colorado which is where MAJCOM resides for the rest of our space program. Vandenberg AFB in California, is where most of our Threat Detection, Comms, and GPS satellites are launched Independent from NASA on a DoD budget. Cape Canaveral Air Force Station is where NASA does the transit work of our satellites where NASA is being contracted with government money to spend more government money. Add SpaceX and Boeing in the mix, now you have independent companies there to minimize government spending. So instead of using USAF money synonymous to NASA money, we're saving and putting it aside to create the new SpaceCom program. Unfortunately there is alot to do. A whole lot of moving, designating leadership, new ranking structure, new uniforms, new courtesies, and new basic training.

I'm actually super excited for this whole ordeal to fall right into my lap, I would be more than happy to retrain from the USAF into SpaceCom.

12 hours ago, tastybunns said:

SPACE FORCE, SPACE FORCE, SPACE FORCE!

I'm actually super excited for this whole ordeal to fall right into my lap, I would be more than happy to retrain from the USAF into SpaceCom.

Me too, but I'm pretty sure my AFSC won't be in the new Space Force!

So they've gotten ahold of a vet who is giving speeches at Hillsdale College and other reliable conservative outposts regarding future technologies:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/31445/recently-retired-usaf-general-makes-eyebrow-raising-claims-about-advanced-space-technology

Beware of the military-industrial complex, or something.  

LOL!

"Nearly every problem that we have in the USA -- unaffordable health care, prison overpopulation, hyper militarization, climate change, racism, gun violence, poverty, poor education, urban sprawl and others -- cannot be positively addressed because bribery and conflicts of interest are legal under campaign finance laws which protect the uber-wealthy and the narrow self-interests who grossly benefit from our afflictions."

On 8/30/2019 at 6:54 AM, E Rocc said:

Space Command was first established in 1985 and merged into Strategic Command in 2002.

US Space Force was officially created when President Donald Trump signed the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act on December 20. The US military now has a Space Force and a Space Command — the latter will oversee space operations using personnel and assets managed by the former.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-establishes-space-force-to-support-space-command-operations-2019-12

45 minutes ago, mrnyc said:

US Space Force was officially created when President Donald Trump signed the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act on December 20. The US military now has a Space Force and a Space Command — the latter will oversee space operations using personnel and assets managed by the former.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-establishes-space-force-to-support-space-command-operations-2019-12

Meanwhile the US government has launched no one into space from our soil in his 3-1/2 years in office, but the private sector has.....

is nasa still working on the new moon rocket? i dk.

it gets mockery, but we do need a space force though.

i think militarizing space violates the 1967 outer space treaty, but the russians and china are doing dirt up there, so we might as well be organized. ie., there was a report of a russian killer satellite changing course and stalking one of ours recently.

no doubt we are secretly already in the military space game as well anyway. for one thing i read there is more than one gigantic hubble telescope up there, except the others are pointed at earth as spy satellites. maybe space force astronauts will be repairing these things?  i would hope there are not nukes pointing down on us, but who knows?

1 hour ago, E Rocc said:

Meanwhile the US government has launched no one into space from our soil in his 3-1/2 years in office, but the private sector has.....

I think that's the general intent of space travel going forward. NASA won't be launching people into space anymore, Boeing and SpaceX will as contractors of NASA. This keeps costs down.

1 hour ago, mrnyc said:

is nasa still working on the new moon rocket? i dk.

it gets mockery, but we do need a space force though.

i think militarizing space violates the 1967 outer space treaty, but the russians and china are doing dirt up there, so we might as well be organized. ie., there was a report of a russian killer satellite changing course and stalking one of ours recently.

no doubt we are secretly already in the military space game as well anyway. for one thing i read there is more than one gigantic hubble telescope up there, except the others are pointed at earth as spy satellites. maybe space force astronauts will be repairing these things?  i would hope there are not nukes pointing down on us, but who knows?

The Artemis program is still in the works, the intent is to send the first woman and next man to the moon by 2024.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis_program

As for military in space, there are all sorts of theories about what the X37B is doing in orbit all the time:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a28543381/x-37b/

It's essentially a space shuttle-like drone. Though the USAF says it isn't a weapon, there's no reason it couldn't be outfitted for any number of military purposes. My pet theory is that it would be used to disable an enemy satellite without destroying it outright. It could fly up to a satellite in orbit, use electronic warfare methods to jam or permanently disable it, and fly away without leaving behind any proof. This is a better option than a long range SAM or any other destructive weapon because it doesn't leave behind a debris field in a busy orbital pattern, and it's stealthy - an enemy would suspect it, but wouldn't really have proof. And if the enemy satellite were small enough... it could just steal it.

yeah thats another one, the shuttle drone thing. i heard about that. 

who know what else they have or are doing up there?

and who knows how it escalated, but its on now and its not something to be caught unguarded about.

another thing is that launches and everything in orbit are well tracked and public information, i think, so its not exactly the wild west. there are also plenty of amateurs who love to watch the stars and trainspot these satellites. so kind of a check and balance. maybe some have stealth tech i suppose.