UO 15th Anniversary Meet - 7/21/19

ColDayMan

Hello all, we will be celebrating UrbanOhio's 15th anniversary in Columbus on Saturday, July 20th!

*When & Where? - Noon at the Goodale Park Gazebo, immediately south of the Elephant Fountain Pond in Victorian Village.  For those from out-of-town, there is a parking garage at the Joseph next door.

*What are we doing? - We'll eat at the North Market and then do a walking tour of north-central Old City of Columbus (Short North, Downtown, Victorian Village, maybe OSU) and then...dinner at Strongwater Food and Spirits and drinks in Franklinton!

*Why Columbus? - Most people in other parts of the state rarely venture out of their region but it seems that Columbus is the "meeting point" for all, from past forum meet history.  It's only 1.5 - 2 hours from most major metropolitan areas of Ohio and is a symbolic meeting point as that's where UrbanOhio got its start.

*Who will be there? - You, of course!  Along with RichNCincy, myself, other moderators, jmecklenborg, and forumers from throughout the state.

*Can I bring a camera? - Please do!  We encourage it!

*What if I can't make it by Noon? - Doesn't matter!  Show up and send message on the forum of what time you can be there and we'll let you know where we're at!

*What if this is my first forum meet? - Great!  You'll finally get to meet some fellow forumers that you always pictured a certain way but is maybe different...maybe the same...in person.  So don't be nervous as we've done these UO Meets for years!

*What if I live in Cincinnati, Cleveland, etc and I need to be home that night? - Leave anytime you want!  There isn't a time-limit.  Again, Columbus is only a couple of hours away so even if you leave after we all get dinner, you'll be home by 8pm at the max.  We also encourage carpooling if you feel comfortable with other foumers but if you want to pay that $2.59 gas price to come down solo, I ain't mad at that!

*What if I'm not a forumer but a lurker and still want to go? - Then show up, introduce yourself, and enjoy a free tour, lunch & dinner (that isn't free but you know that...), and drinks!  And if MayDay doesn't show up, we can all talk about him behind his back as he deserves! ?

Rich & I are looking forward to seeing you all at this meet! 

Please respond to this thread if you're coming and/or interested!

2770137_orig.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Guest jmecklenborg

I'll be there + a few others, hopefully.  We might be graced with the presence of my Uncle Mark.  

^ I used to work at the location in Moraine. Not sure what the difference is between that location and this new one by the mall.

"It's just fate, as usual, keeping its bargain and screwing us in the fine print..." - John Crichton

hiiiii I so wish I could go to this. My sister is in town that weekend and I couldn't go even if she wasn't as I severely broke my leg and cannot walk or drive, probably going to be next year or maybe Xmas at the earliest for driving/walking. Take pictures! xoxo

Nina/RNR

On 7/1/2019 at 8:13 PM, ColDayMan said:

Fine.

Ohio%20Meet.jpg

I don't recognize most of these people, but I do remember this pic from when it was first posted! I remember the guy on the right with the cig is The Pope. Wonder what ever happened to him? I think one of the OG's of UO, Grasscat, is second from right on the top row. @ColDayMan is the only other person I recognize!

• ColDayMan changed the title to UO 15th Anniversary Meet - Columbus, THIS Saturday @ Noon!!!

I've had several people send me PMs so I'll just state that dinner will likely be at Strongwater Food and Spirits in Franklinton after the tour.  Then drinks at BrewDog Franklinton (or Land-Grant, depending on how either are crowded).

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

• ColDayMan changed the title to UO 15th Anniversary Meet - Columbus, TODAY @ Noon!!!
  • ColDayMan changed the title to UO 15th Anniversary Meet - 7/21/19